Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    hmmmm......i remember when i was in school hearing the teacher say exactly what exodus stated above. we called glass a plasma in science class. mostly a solid but not really.

that is a cool video. thank you for sharing it. fuck that shitty job.
    Some more detail on glass: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amorphous_solid
    sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
      Yea haven't had much new stuff to share lately. I'm getting relocated soon with the start of our lifecycle maintenance program. Should have some interesting heavy work to share in a few months. The engines are almost 6 years old now so we are getting into overhauls and other fun things.
      when you say overhaul, are you talking about full engine rebuilds? is this maintenance based on condition or duty cycle/hours?

most everything on an airplane is based on duty cycle or hours in service. that is of course assuming that during the course of a regular inspection nothing bad is found.

by the way, an airbus 321 with cfm engines will throw down 33,000lbs of thrust/side.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Yea it's based on hours in service for engine and power train items. Any air related items are based off years in service regardless of time in use.

Our Head end power (the generators for comfort items like lights and HVAC) are coming up on 10,000 hours. So first up is replacing the cylinder heads on those. I think at 20,000 it's a full rebuild.

We are also going to be replacing the air compressors.

We would be doing full power assembly replacements on the primary (piston, sleeve, rod, head) in a few years but I think our Locomotives are going to be retrofitted with a dual Cummins engine setup before we get there.
        No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by nick526 View Post
          Come on parts department, we can do better.
          That's a win! Now time to search all of the new looking canister lids on junkyard V8s for internal stickers.

Comment

This is America, god damn it. Why can't we use labels that don't shred when removed?

I miss the old BMW

Comment

Been texting this girl, and every message has at least one exclamation point in it. It's starting to drive me crazy.

"Hi!!"
              "How are you?!"
              "What are you doing today?!!"
              "The weather is so nice!!!!!"
              "I am the biggest Harry Potter fan lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
              My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                Been texting this girl, and every message has at least one exclamation point in it. It's starting to drive me crazy.

"Hi!!"
                "How are you?!"
                So energetic & bubbly. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                  So energetic & bubbly. Why?
                  Energenitalic and boobly.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
                  (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post

"Hi!!"
                    "How are you?!"
                    My last gf did that, so I began to do it back to her.

Needless to say we're not together anymore :P

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

So, next Wednesday, I'm moving from a nice 2 bed 2 bath apartment to a 2 bed 1 bath house with a garage and basement. It even comes with a girlfriend that will move in as well!
                      88 325i Cabrio
                      04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                        So, next Wednesday, I'm moving from a nice 2 bed 2 bath apartment to a 2 bed 1 bath house with a garage and basement. It even comes with a girlfriend that will move in as well!
                        What's the security/damage deposit like on the girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by doorman View Post
                          If you have to ask...

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                            If you have to ask...
                            I'd imagine it's at least 1.5-2 carats, Mickey Mouse shower curtain, potpourri related stuff and at least something floral somewhere in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by doorman View Post
                              Depends on the kind of damage and where ;D But yeah, dishes, more than one pet, new furniture and bed set this year, among other things. They aren't cheap.
                              Last edited by supermansocks95; 05-26-2016, 09:26 AM. Reason: wordz
                              88 325i Cabrio
                              04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                                Tire selection sucks in 225/45/16. But I guess it's still cheaper than buying tires for newer cars where the general tire diameter is larger.
                                This. I can't find any more tires this side of quebec, and they're not even great and $1200/set. I think I'm going to have a heart attack when I buy tires next.

Also, apparently I applied to go back to university. We'll see how this goes. I just need to get my old highschool transcripts and some mature student letter in before june 1st...
                                Last edited by Northern; 05-27-2016, 06:45 AM.
                                Originally posted by priapism
                                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                                Originally posted by shameson
                                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                                X