Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
    I could be wrong, I often am, but the bold statement above is not accurate.

Here's a brief video featuring the Ecoboost engine that was torture tested 6 years ago.

A guy my dad works with bought the ecoboost when it first came out. The salesmen suckered him into buying one and said it could tow his camper just fine. He towed it once and traded the truck in for the V8 cause i was gutless. Its hard for me to believe a video done by ford since they will be biased toward their own vehicle. I merely made the statement off of what I have been told by others who have experienced the engine them selves so i could be wrong too.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      I hope you never have to tow anything and its just a commuter truck.Those ecoboost are absolute shit when it comes towing. Seems like everyone is running away from Ford after they went to aluminum bodies. We ended up going back in years. Went from a 2009 F-150 to a 2002 F-350 dually with the 7.3 cause they are tanks and it was my grandpas truck. He bought it new in 2002 and it has 70k on it with not a spec of rust.
      I'll admit, the towing numbers are probably partly marketing BS, but that truck has plenty of power, and in 150s it's really all about how you spec the suspension.

I managed to spec the truck with the 3.5, the standard 101A power pack, chrome bumpers, and a power inverter, with the max tow package tossed in there to say "it can totally tow a loaded 14 foot dump trailer full of debris, so it's a serious work truck." Granted, it probably can tow that trailer safely and legally, but I really want it because it's pretty much a base model hot rod.

Now if only we could've had a regular cab, short bed, 3.5 RWD turbo truck with one option, a locking differential, then we'd really be talking.

Comment

So my the bov diaphragm in the srt went out last week. All I've been hearing is an extremely amplified version of the bad intake gasket on the vert. It's loud as fuck. So, I bought an HKS SSQV, new hard pipes and a block off plate. The valve came in today. I'm freakin stoked!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        88 325i Cabrio
        04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

I hope you never have to tow anything and its just a commuter truck.Those ecoboost are absolute shit when it comes towing. Seems like everyone is running away from Ford after they went to aluminum bodies. We ended up going back in years. Went from a 2009 F-150 to a 2002 F-350 dually with the 7.3 cause they are tanks and it was my grandpas truck. He bought it new in 2002 and it has 70k on it with not a spec of rust.
          Pretty sure the ecoboost can tow more than the v8

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
            Pretty sure the ecoboost can tow more than the v8

From what i can find on fords website the 3.5 ecoboost can tow 8500 pounds(that could be wrong I was having troubles finding info) The 09 5.4L f-150 we just got rid of had an 11,500 pound towing capacity. How ever That thing was a dog when towing if you were towing in town it would constantly hunt between gears and on the high way if you got to any type of hill you had to put the pedal in to the floor to maintain any speed. I'd just rather own a diesel for my towing duties. I'm over gas pickups will never own another.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
              Honestly Stanley, I haven't driven a stang since they started putting coyote engines in them so I can't really give you good advice there.

We are a ford family generally. My grand dad retired from there. I would generally choose that over a Camaro or challenger.
              Thanks for the reply.

Aside from the e30, we have an 07 Focus that's been pretty reliable. We've been thinking what to replace it with, but the Mrs. wants something "sporty" in a "cool color". I proposed a GTI, Focus ST, Fiesta ST, etc. but most are pretty unreliable in comparison to something that's non-forced induction.

Considering we don't usually carry passengers in the backseat of our current car, we are having a hard time logically choosing another sedan. Especially when you take folding rear seats in most coupes into consideration.

As a result something like a 2012+ Stang with the 3.7 V6 seems to fit the bill and comes in a radical "grabber blue" we both like. The fuel economy is surprisingly similar to the Focus, despite having roughly 300hp when paired with the 6 speed auto (which is a must where we live, which rules out the Focus ST and Fiesta ST).
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

From what i can find on fords website the 3.5 ecoboost can tow 8500 pounds(that could be wrong I was having troubles finding info) The 09 5.4L f-150 we just got rid of had an 11,500 pound towing capacity. How ever That thing was a dog when towing if you were towing in town it would constantly hunt between gears and on the high way if you got to any type of hill you had to put the pedal in to the floor to maintain any speed. I'd just rather own a diesel for my towing duties. I'm over gas pickups will never own another.
                A maxed out F150 with the 3.5 EB is rated to tow either 11200 or 11400lbs with the right spec, and costs about 35k before incentives. The funny thing is that a Transit can do a max of just over 10000 with the diesel, and it's a 50k van before incentives. The Superduty SRW can do something like 13000 and change for a price of just under 34k.

The 5.4 was not a great engine, the 6.0 isn't bad and the newer 6.2 seems a bit turdish when I drove a couple.

The moral of the story is, buy whatever you want, but for straight up towing you want a dually diesel. Also, if you or your company qualifies for an X plan type deal definitely do it.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                  A maxed out F150 with the 3.5 EB is rated to tow either 11200 or 11400lbs with the right spec, and costs about 35k before incentives. The funny thing is that a Transit can do a max of just over 10000 with the diesel, and it's a 50k van before incentives. The Superduty SRW can do something like 13000 and change for a price of just under 34k.

The 5.4 was not a great engine, the 6.0 isn't bad and the newer 6.2 seems a bit turdish when I drove a couple.

The moral of the story is, buy whatever you want, but for straight up towing you want a dually diesel. Also, if you or your company qualifies for an X plan type deal definitely do it.

Glad you could clear that up. I was having trouble navigating the website and finding info. I basically just found the "brochure" for the truck. My guess on the weight difference for the transit is going to be frame design. The 5.4 is such horrible engine. Granted we got 123k out of our with out having to touch the engine beside basic oil changes. We sold it just in time for the spark plug need to be done and it sounded like the cam phasers were on the way. The 6.0's are good engines if you bullet proof them otherwise from what I have learned they love to pop head gaskets. Haven't heard much on the 6.2 or the new 6.7L I love the power of my Dads 2014 6.8 duramax. That thing puts down 700+ pounds of torque stock and just hauls ass. For towing purposes your correct dually diesel all the way. The f350 that I'm picking up was my grandpas truck and it was only use to tow their fifth wheel's around and its all setup for towing with a fifth wheel and bags in the rear. My first order of business with that truck will be to get a chip in it to smoothen up the shift points for better towing. Your moral is right buy what ever your heart desires. If your doing mostly daily driving and towing here and there I will agree a good gasser will be fine. Do you know if they offer different transmissions? Those 8 and ten speeds they are putting in now have to be sooooo annoying when doing any type of towing in the city. Iirc the 2009 was a 5 spd auto and that thing constantly hunted between gears at 45-50mph

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Fairly sure GCVW rating for 1ton singles is pushing 25+k lbs,
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      Fairly sure GCVW rating for 1ton singles is pushing 25+k lbs,

Is that fifth wheel or a regular hitch? I know the towing capacity will increase when you go to a fifth wheel.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Just chiming in to agree with; 5.4s suck ass.

Carry on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                          Just chiming in to agree with; 5.4s suck ass.

Carry on

I wanna find the guy who let that engine go into production and beat him senseless. Although to put an engine like that into production he probably already is.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Same here. Whenever one of those shit boxes come into my shop, it's going to be a bad day.

Have you ever had to change spark plugs on one of those?

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              Same here. Whenever one of those shit boxes come into my shop, it's going to be a bad day.

Have you ever had to change spark plugs on one of those?

Nope cause i knew the shit storm i would be getting my self into and pawned it off on an unsuspecting shmuck. I got rid of mine right when it needed them at like 123k haha. You know its bad when they make a tool to break the park plugs evenly haha. In the 2 year span i was i school we did like 2-3 engines due to cam phasers. I have heard though that if you let the engine get realllly hot that the plugs will come out but thats going to be hell on your arms.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

old lady tried to get into flyboy's pants #2

this is a long story. i apologize in advance.

so...i was living at this crashpad i mentioned in the last story. it was a nasty old ghetto apartment complex that was eventually torn down to build an airport parking lot.

there was this really tall scary looking long hair dude that was always out in the parking lot underneath the hood of some random shit box. as i mentioned, he was big and scary looking so i always did my best to avoid him. one day i pulled in to the parking lot and the only space available was right next to a car this guy was working on. I'm like...fuck! i'll just pull in, shut off the car, and make a b-line for my apartment without making eye contact. as i get out of the car, this guy leans over and says hello in a really nice and polite manner. somewhat taken aback, i shoot the shit with him for a few minutes and quickly realize he is well educated and actually a very nice guy. since i sat around a lot and don't do a lot of flying at this point in my career, i start to hang out with this guy once in a while and before you know it we become pretty good friends.

there is an old divorced lady that lived next to this guy. they have adjoining balconies. in the course of hanging out i become acquainted with this lady. the reason why is because every night she sits out on her balcony after work and drinks an entire bottle of johnny walker red or a 24 pack of nattie light. she is always trashed!

have you guys ever seen the movie: "there's something about mary" with ben stiller and cameron diaz? well this lady looked exactly like the character "magda" from this movie except she had hair dyed a ridiculous shade of fire engine red. she was just fucking gross in every possible way imaginable. that same actress that played magda was also in the movie "kingpin" with woody harelson. woody's character is a professional bowler that is down on his luck and can't pay his rent. the old lady is his landlord. (we will get to that part in a minute).

back to the story, this old hag in question was mentally fucked up about seven different ways to sunday. she did have a really beautiful 22 year old daughter that was a stripper. both "magda" and long hair guy were always trying to push her on me and always trying to get me to ask her out. (this is a story for another installment).

at the time, i had a 1987 thunderbird turbo coupe. it needed some maintenance attention in a bad way. the rear axle seal on the driver's side was leaking big time. it was slinging lube all over the inside of my wheel and brake on that side of the car. one afternoon, scary guy and i decide to tackle the replacement of this bearing seal. after about an hour of work, the car is up on jack stands in the complex's parking lot, cover is off the diff, the axles are out and i am just in the process of yanking the seal out of the end of the axle tube. about this time, the apartment manager walks up to us and hands long hair guy an eviction notice. this is due to a clause in every apartment lease saying you can't do vehicle maintenance in the parking lot.

scary guy goes ape shit! he follows her back to her office screaming at her that its not his car, and he is only sitting around handing me wrenches. since he looked like a massive goon and probably even more so because he was so pissed off, the manager freaks out and calls the police. about the time the cops show up, she also has typed up an eviction notice for me too. i guess she figured she couldn't get rid of him without getting rid of me in the process since it was indeed my car.

well, i was simply renting a bed and i had no lease. that basically meant that i was out of there and homeless that very night. long hair guy and his girlfriend did indeed have a lease, so they couldn't be kicked out without due process and a court hearing.

he feels responsible and really bad about this whole situation and takes it upon himself to find me a place stay. of course his solution is fucking magda!!!! i'm not that excited about it, but the deal is that i will stay on her couch once in a while when i am in town and need a bed for the night. about a week rolled by and i finish a trip fairly late at night. i call scary guy a little earlier in the day to see if its ok for me to say with the skanky old lady. he gets me all set up and i drop in about 9pm. she is oddly very excited to see me. she has dinner made. she offers me a couple beers. she has rented a couple movies and puts one in the dvd player.

i have been flying all day and i am really tired. i take a shower and let her know that i am ready to go to sleep. by the time i come out of the bath, she has sheets and pillows on the sofa. she tells me that she just put fresh sheets on her bed and that i am to sleep in there, she will sleep in the couch because i am the guest. we go round and round for about 15 minutes about this. i insist that i am going to sleep on the sofa and she insists that i am going to sleep on her room. finally, at length, i give up and come to the conclusion that she really wants me to sleep in the bed and her the couch.

now, keep in mind...at this point, i am about 30 years old and this chick is probably in her mid to late 60's. she has spent the last 3 months trying to push her daughter on me. the last thing in the world that i could possibly imagine would be that this old hag would be interested in my one eyed beaver spear.

for me, the rest is basically is an excerpt from alice in wonderland as far as i'm concerned.

i crawl into bed and this great grandma does this really creepy "tuck in" thing. she uses the tips of her fingers to poke the covers in all around me. weird! she heads over to the door and turns out the light. i am thinking: whew!!! thank god that scary ho has left the room. now i can get some fucking sleep! unfortunately, it just wasn't meant to be. i was laying on my side facing the wall opposite the door. after about 30 seconds, she pulls back the covers behind me, slides into the outside spoon position, reaches a hand down my boxers, starts tugging my shaft, and ad at the same time is licking the back of my neck! holy fuck!!!@##&&@^^!!!!! i flew out of there like someone shot me out of a cannon!

up above i mentioned the movie "kingpin". there is a scene where woody doesn't have money pay the rent, so he has to give his landlord(magda) oral sex or else she is going to kick him out. after he finishes her off, the next scene he is in the back ground puking into the toilet. in the foreground, she is laying in bed smoking a cigarette and says in a deep, husky voice: "it wasn't THAT bad!" this was the only thing running through my mind at this point.

god damn!!!! that lady just made my skin crawl! GAAAAHHH! since i didn't have anywhere else to go, i crashed on her sofa without any further incident.

i'd like to say that i never set foot in her apartment again. scary guy dragged me back in there sometime later to watch a movie, but i certainly never stayed the night. this is also a story for another day.....
                                Last edited by flyboyx; 08-04-2017, 05:37 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                                X