No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably do a good detail every two or three months. The supplies last a long ass time too.

That pic is ridiculous. I have tire shine, clay, polish, wax, wheel spray, car soap and some interior spray and that's it.

Clay, polish and wax. Really doesn't take long and the results are worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Saw my buck last night. Managed to call him in right before I was about to head in. Drew back, too dark to make out the sights.

Ended up just watching him for a while before going in for the night.

Fun game. Freezer still empty.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
        Sometimes you have to step back though.
        watching all these youtube vids on professionally detailing your car
        you're going to buy all these products and two bucket, clay, wax, sealer, buffing machines, this and that.
        you're going to end up doing this shit every week because you've become a slave to instagram.

just step back for acouple days and ask yourself wtf am i doing?????
        delete all the items in the checkout cart and just stop.

During the summer I usually was my cars weekly and do a wax by weekly and a polish at the beginning and end of the summer. I don’t do it for the instagram likes. Like i said i was a professional detailer so i just find it fun and good way to kill spare time i enjoy it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
          Saw my buck last night. Managed to call him in right before I was about to head in. Drew back, too dark to make out the sights.

Ended up just watching him for a while before going in for the night.

Fun game. Freezer still empty.

How big is he?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I'm a Griot's fan boi, through and through. I use Meguiar's on customer stuff for cost reasons, but really do enjoy using Griot's on my own stuff.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

How do yall have the time to spend it doing all that to your car? Im lucky if I have time to wash the thing. I don't even wash my jeep or truck. The e30 needs a paint job anyway.

Yeah what size was the buck?
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd
              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Just an 8 pointer, but it's the biggest I've seen out here yet lol. Been watching him for a couple of weeks now, but only recently got my bow back in action.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

^Good Luck!
                  1990 325i
                  2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                    How do yall have the time to spend it doing all that to your car? Im lucky if I have time to wash the thing. I don't even wash my jeep or truck. The e30 needs a paint job anyway.

I don't wash my truck at all. I will spray it off if I go 4 wheeling, but that's it.

It doesn't really take that long. A full 8 step detail on an M3 I had only took about 16 hours in total. So 1 weekend. And the results were beyond fantastic.

I spend about 3 hours on the wife's car two times a year. Based on its immaculate condition, it is well worth the investment of time.
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

^That's true, I probably just need to suck it up and go and do it.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

If you have something you give a shit about, you make time.......

I have been daily driving my really nice '88 schwarz while my L322 Rover is getting a trans. I wash the damn thing 3-4 times a week, clay and wax it every other week. It's hard to keep a nice car, nice, but if you really like it, you make time.

Comment

It's definitely something I make time for. I look at it like an obligation
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

TeXJ, I'll say that I am in the camp that a car doesn't need to be clayed/waxed on the weekly, and they don't need to be washed weekly (unless you do a lot of driving, maybe). Good wax, appropriately applied, is going to last you a lot longer than a week.

That is some peoples definition of maintaining a cars appearance, but it isn't the only definition.
                            My previous build (currently E30-less)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

You also don't live in Rain City, USA. Lol

Comment

I really like using that maguires spray quik wax, for a quick detail.

It takes a whole 20 minutes after you finish washing and you can apply it while you dry. It repels water for like, 2 weeks.

I like to keep my car waxed out here, because of how fucking dusty it is. In the morning, we get dew on our cars, then dust cakes on.

Comment

Working...
                                X