Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
    Been a little quiet in here...

Im a grad student and with the start of the new school year, the lab I work in just got two new students rotating through to see if they like it. I don't know if Im just antichange or antisocial but I absolutely hate when new students try to join the lab. Maybe I just don't want anyone to compete with. First world problems to the max.
    Is it their ignorance and having to explain everything or just new people in general?
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Tough call, explaining things is annoying but a bit of teaching can be enjoyable. I think my main thought (not inline with the boss) is that we do not have projects/room for new people but he thinks we do.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Here's your chance to let them "help" you while you "train" them lol
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd

Comment

That's typically why we get undergrads in the lab... to do all the mindless work we don't want to.

Comment

haha
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd

Comment

I don't like e30's anymore.

Today I got my first speeding ticket in 15 years of ownership. The car literally has half the hp of the Lexus, yet gets more attention and trouble. Now I have a ticket of $113 which will stay on my record for the next 5 years. So much cheaper and less drama when it sits in the garage and gathers dust.

I don't like this thing. It's too much fun to drive. I'd rather take the bus/Lexus than have this guilt looming over my head. The GF is never gonna live this down, and will always be on my ass every time I'm behind the wheel...considering not telling her.

This feeling sucks...but I gotta admit, the car was running stellar!
              ugh!

If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

...on the positive side, at least I didn't have a breakdown, or crash it. If that were to happen I'd be devastated.

And when my GF finds out, at least it'll be more of an excuse to let her drive...she can be my chauffer (she really likes driving fun cars). Then I can sit in the backseat of the Lexus and eat jars of Grey Poupon mustard like the fancy ppl do in the old commercials.
                ;D

k, I'm gonna stop posting nonsense now.
                Be safe out there kiddies!

Comment

Sucks that happened to you. I've had one speeding warning but sometimes its hard to resist. Having a noisier exhaust does me no favors. How bad were you over the limit?

Comment

limit is 60kph (37 mph)...supposedly I was doing 91kph (56 mph).
                    The point at which I was nailed, I was doing the same speed as the Toyota minivan next to me (no, we weren't racing) I was actually slowing down.
                    My car is 98% stock. Right down to the 14 inch "granny package" steelies with factory plastic hubcaps. Only thing changed is the head unit.
                    Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 09-01-2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post

Today I got my first speeding ticket in 15 years of ownership. The car literally has half the hp of the Lexus, yet gets more attention and trouble. Now I have a ticket of $113 which will stay on my record for the next 5 years. So much cheaper and less drama when it sits in the garage and gathers dust.

I don't like this thing. It's too much fun to drive. I'd rather take the bus/Lexus than have this guilt looming over my head. The GF is never gonna live this down, and will always be on my ass every time I'm behind the wheel...considering not telling her.

This feeling sucks...but I gotta admit, the car was running stellar!
                      ugh!

Dammit!!! I feel for ya. 15 years is a solid good run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                      The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                      The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                      The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Today I got my first speeding ticket in 15 years of ownership. The car literally has half the hp of the Lexus, yet gets more attention and trouble. Now I have a ticket of $113 which will stay on my record for the next 5 years.

$113 speeding ticket? You should be stoked! I’m sure you can do traffic school to prevent the points, right?

I just got one 2 weeks ago, $351, or $4xx with traffic school. I was doing 58 in a 50 mph zone with light traffic. CA sux ballz.
                        sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                        1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                        1991 318is - Sold
                        1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

e30s are too damn good looking for their own good.

Comment

Only thing changed is the head unit.
                            There's the problem, the officer could tell as soon as he got to your window that you are a dangerous street racer who abuses the automotive registration process.

You have to be stopped, otherwise no one will be safe from your sick beats.

Comment

Originally posted by ButtJuice View Post
                              $113 speeding ticket? You should be stoked! I’m sure you can do traffic school to prevent the points, right?

I just got one 2 weeks ago, $351, or $4xx with traffic school. I was doing 58 in a 50 mph zone with light traffic. CA sux ballz.

Ca tix are straight up highway robbery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                              Q
                              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

I got a ticket for 94 in a 40, it was $345 dollars...If it wasn't for my wife being there I would have went to jail.
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd

Comment

Working...
                                X