Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    I'm going to dissagree with the 'Nay'

I love working on those cars, and their engines are so low maintenance, and they are not a pain to work on.

Way less of a money pit than e39s

and that opinion comes form 7 years experience working on both e39s and w211s

The merc is a more comfortable luxury car, while the e39 feels more like a sports car.
    So with 190k, what do you see? I mean, I'm not sure I'd buy it, or even if I could, but it's bouncing around. Of course, it may have just sold tonight

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    88 325i Cabrio
    04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
      don't buy duralast axles

https://youtu.be/jvQI4HC_izU
      I bought some for my Civic once, those were fine.

GKN for the E30.
      I do things.

Comment

Those engines are so bullet proof, assuming it was maintained properly.

But that being said, a car with that kind of mileage is going to need some work done to it sooner than later.

If you can work on your own car, that isn't a bad buy at all.

I'd buy a w211 with 190k on the clock over an e39 with the same mileage.
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

This really puts a biffy in my jimmy.

E30 diff mount by jet jones, on Flickr
          E30 shitty diff mount by jet jones, on Flickr
          E30 diff mount by jet jones, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            Is Florida Man more of a temporary demonic possession type of thing or more of a nascent, everyone has it, Walking Dead type of zombie plague?

lots of good stuff here

in other news... Ive been in my new role for about a month, month and a half and its a new dept within our company. Im interacting with new people and this means a whole new group of people on the conference calls... so embarrassing. These people talk over each other, the people not involved dont mute their lines so theres all background noise, etc... luckily Im on mute and on r3v so its not the worst thing lol
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

That's the worst, and by worst, I mean conference calls in general.

At least you got areeeeeee veeeeeeeeee three
              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
              Q
              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Right now, Im on a call that has 9 people, been on for over 2 hours now...not sure when this will end.

Wednesday, was on a call with about 12 people and was on that call for about 6hrs.

And now, I'm on R3V lol

Update on my car, gave the guy the extra 3 weeks he said he needed to have it done...called this morning, he hasn't even looked at it. Said he would start today and should be good by monday...we'll see. If he doesn't have it by Monday, I'm taking it from him.

He's had it since the first of August.

If I knew more about electrical issues, I'd do it myself...
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                  Right now, Im on a call that has 9 people, been on for over 2 hours now...not sure when this will end.

Wednesday, was on a call with about 12 people and was on that call for about 6hrs.

And now, I'm on R3V lol

Update on my car, gave the guy the extra 3 weeks he said he needed to have it done...called this morning, he hasn't even looked at it. Said he would start today and should be good by monday...we'll see. If he doesn't have it by Monday, I'm taking it from him.

He's had it since the first of August.

If I knew more about electrical issues, I'd do it myself...
                  I dont know which one of those situations is more terrifying?...

If you have to grab it monday at least you can use the hours wasted on a conference call to research electrical stuff...

whats wrong with the car?
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

I work on network firewalls, I'm the support guy that gets called. The one for 6hrs I had our VM SME with me and we were both working on it. The one today, I was basically just answering questions when asked.

The car was bought with an M52 swap. Apparently the wiring wasn't done so well.

I suck at wiring. I've had jeeps for a long time, and can replace just about anything on a vehicle. So mechanically Im pretty proficient.

Troubleshooting electrical stuff, im a retard.

So the issue is that the CEL comes on for the O2 sensor. I've replaced it twice and then got a new exhaust system so the both banks are read with the one 02 sensor. The car is OBD1 swapped.

It has always had a lumpy idle then it smooths out at the light. Which I was fine with and drove it like that, then I got some water in the engine bay and then the car wouldn't rev correctly, sounded like I had a 2 step in it.

So I took it in to see what's wrong. The guy there thinks it's an issue in the wiring or the ECU. The ECU is a red label.
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd

Comment

Did the wiring look well done? Might be easier to either get a new OBD1 harness, or if it doesnt matter in your area, convert it to OBD2 and eliminate the smog crap
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

I asked about putting back to ODB2, and was told it would be too much. At this point, I wouldn't mind buying a wiring harness and putting it to ODB2. But no clue how much that would be or what's involved in that.
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

Hit up Dave Markert, he can provide you with a plug & play harness
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

I feel all of your pain re: long and silly calls. My client fucked up their data, so we had a 5pm-6pm call on a Friday to go through all of their errors, while they tried to point the finger at us. Frustrating to say the least.

Following that call, I left work in a foul mood and came home to my wife using an electric sander to sand the window frames in my living room with all of the windows closed, ceiling fan on high and two massive sheets of plastic folded nicely next to the couch...I'm all for her helping out with home projects, but now my project will be cleaning my couch cushions and dusting literally everything in my mud room, living room, dining room, bar, glassware, etc.

Oh well, she is way better looking than I am and puts up with my bullshit, so I guess I'll just have to get to dusting...after I get into my Booker's Bourbon.

Cheers, gents.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                            Sounds like you need a massage.
                            Originally posted by kpeng
                            Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

^ouch man! That dust life though :D

Dave Markert, is that his name on here? I'll search for that on here in the members area
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

https://www.markertmotorworks.com

found it, thanks for the recommendation!
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd

Comment

Working...
                                X