Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by CMBusch View Post
    Are your monthly expenses due to general running costs(i.e. fuel, insurance, etc.), or are they because things keep breaking?
    well, its quite simple why I'm frustrated right now.

I've owned the car about 18 months (8/17). I did the timing belt relatively "late" to my purchase as I went a few months on the mystery belt ($$-spent). Turns out it was fine, but I had peace of mind knowing it was done. I skipped the water pump at that point because so many parts looked new under the hood... well, that was a mistake and in June, I was replacing the water pump and was on timing belt number two ($$$-spent). Ok, I now have my reliable M20 now, right?...

NOPE. Grenaded M20B25 motor due to a belt snapping from God knows what. Still don't know exactly what caused it, so I'm forced to believe that something got caught in there. Now I'm swapping the dead M20B25 with a SuperETA, swapped the I-cam and dual valve springs ($$$$-spent). Got it back up relatively quickly thanks to friends who helped, but then the rockers are making noise, even after being adjusted several times. Chalk this up to a i-cam and SuperETA rockers that are being forced to play nice with each other. Now I had always planned to get a proper 885 head with some cleaning, fresh rockers with a 272 cam, but with all the surprises I had to wait...

well, the car had other plans...

and now Im limping around on 5 cylinders and the issue of sudden, unexpected car expenses means more $$$$ is being spent on the car and I dont quite trust it anymore. I really dont know what else I would want to replace the E30 with because the E30 is exactly what I want, but as much as I try to make the car reliable, it seems to keep biting me.

also, this doesnt account for the money Im spending on the actual project car. I figured after putting in the SuperETA I could put the car in the garage and get the head done on that car...
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
      When I don't spend money on my e30 for long periods, I feel sad.
      Spending time and $ on it gives me purpose in life, and makes me feel fulfilled, like I've actually accomplished something with my life.

I suppose this is what ppl. with children and houses feel like.
      I think this might be a sign of addiction lol. But I'm right there with you.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

wow simon, that blows...
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

As expensive as it is, I really do miss how much I loved that car. I was constantly looking for parts for it. This Neon is too damn reliable for me *knocks on wood*
          88 325i Cabrio
          04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
            Here is a quick question.

When you get a job and negotiate an annual salary, do you take that as total annual salary divided by 52 weeks equals weekly earnings? So it should be the same every week if paid weekly?
            Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
            yes
            Well apparently my probable new employer has a different idea of what “salary” means.

We negotiated a salary of xxxx with 6 weeks vacation. They agreed.

Then when I asked for how the payment was coming, they supplied it. I worked out their numbers, and it no longer reached xxxx UNLESS I worked the entire year. No time off. They said vacation is unpaid. Salary is based on 2080 hours worked. I said no, we agreed on 6 weeks vacation. The salary should be based on 1840 hours worked and 240 hours vacation.

WTF!

We agreed you pay me xxxx per year. In that year I am entitled to 6 weeks time off.

Where am I out to lunch?
            Originally posted by codyep3
            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
            2010 F650gs twin
            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Well apparently my probable new employer has a different idea of what “salary” means.

Then when I asked for how the payment was coming, they supplied it. I worked out their numbers, and it no longer reached xxxx UNLESS I worked the entire year. No time off. They said vacation is unpaid. Salary is based on 2080 hours worked. I said no, we agreed on 6 weeks vacation. The salary should be based on 1840 hours worked and 240 hours vacation.

WTF!

We agreed you pay me xxxx per year. In that year I am entitled to 6 weeks time off.

Where am I out to lunch?
              Ummmm wat... That sounds like someone who you DON'T want to work for. Seems like they're happy to bone employees.
              88 325i Cabrio
              04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

WTF!

Where am I out to lunch?
                According to BC regulations, all employers MUST provide regular, full time employees at least two weeks of paid vacation per year. Another option is that they can pay an additional percentage on each cheque and let the employee take time off without pay.

The only way I can see this is a different situation is if your a contract/temp worker. In that case, it's all up to negotiations.
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                  I think this might be a sign of addiction lol. But I'm right there with you.
                  Lol, dont' worry, I'm waaayy too cheap to let this turn into an addiction.
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Todd: I would be rereading that employment contract very carefully, seems like they might be trying to slip you the high hard one hoping you dont figure it out until you have been there for a while. or hope you just dont notice.

Sounds to me like like a slimy contractor looking to work over their margins anyway they can. I have had to watch my employer like a hawk at times when working on multiple projects concurrently to make sure they pay me and keep my billing/payroll straight.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Do you know anyone else who currently works or has worked there? Seems like something you definitely want to talk to “non-management” about to see if Sleeve is correct about this being an organization that is looking to screw employees to cut cost.

Is ‘Glassdoor’ a thing for our norther neighbors? It’s a somewhat useful site for reviews of companies from people who have worked there.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                      Sounds like you need a massage.
                      Originally posted by kpeng
                      Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

So, we sorted everything out.

I actually know 6 people that work there and they all love it. They say the ownership are good folks.

I explained what my offer was to them, and they looked it over and realized where their misunderstanding was and agreed to my proposal terms. Good thing because that was a 15k difference.

After 2 decades plus at one company, I am headed to another
                        Originally posted by codyep3
                        I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                        2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                        1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                        1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                        2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                        2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                        2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                        2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                        2010 F650gs twin
                        2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

glad to hear things worked out. At my current employment, we have to double check out checks to make sure the bonus money for working extra days is there.

Im on day 4 of a stomach virus. Went to the CareNow by me and they said I dont have the flu and that they really dont want to give me anything for the diarrhea. Being a virus it just needs to run it's course...

I dont wipe my butt, I dab my butt. Helps a lot with the soreness lol
                          I drink pedialyte...it's tasty
                          Apparently I'm very contagious...
                          My wife is 7 months pregnant so we are staying away from each other lol
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd
                          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                            glad to hear things worked out. At my current employment, we have to double check out checks to make sure the bonus money for working extra days is there.

Im on day 4 of a stomach virus. Went to the CareNow by me and they said I dont have the flu and that they really dont want to give me anything for the diarrhea. Being a virus it just needs to run it's course...

I dont wipe my butt, I dab my butt. Helps a lot with the soreness lol
                            I drink pedialyte...it's tasty
                            Apparently I'm very contagious...
                            My wife is 7 months pregnant so we are staying away from each other lol

Ugh sounds like norovirus. Bullshit. Stay away from everyone. More pedialyte. Rest up. Wash hands. Frequently. Especially after dabbing butt.

Never knew you drink the pedialyte after a big night out drinking. Things you learn working at a college.

Speed sensor decided to take a shit today on the 3rd gen. Dash lights up like Christmas and check engine comes on. Hit a gnarly curb last week and guessing that’s it. Bought the wrong damn part from the junkyard. Damn Toyota. Life goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                            The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                            The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                            The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Originally posted by majdomo View Post
                              Ugh sounds like norovirus. Bullshit. Stay away from everyone. More pedialyte. Rest up. Wash hands. Frequently. Especially after dabbing butt.

Never knew you drink the pedialyte after a big night out drinking. Things you learn working at a college.
                              Day 5 today, i'm feeling better, still have diarrhea, but it's more solid...er

been eating soup and just trying to stay rested. Hopefully I can go back to work tomorrow. Tomorrow will start the 4th week at my new position...

Update on my car. Spoke with a really nice guy at Kessel Performance and he saw my videos and after speaking with me a bit thinks my issue could be the fuel pressure regulator for the car. I've been too sick and it's been really cold and wet out for me to even try and see if I even have a FPR on the car.
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd
                              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                                Day 5 today, i'm feeling better, still have diarrhea, but it's more solid...er

been eating soup and just trying to stay rested. Hopefully I can go back to work tomorrow. Tomorrow will start the 4th week at my new position...

Update on my car. Spoke with a really nice guy at Kessel Performance and he saw my videos and after speaking with me a bit thinks my issue could be the fuel pressure regulator for the car. I've been too sick and it's been really cold and wet out for me to even try and see if I even have a FPR on the car.
                                That sounds like a terrible sickness, but maybe a good way to shed a few lbs in prep for that summer bod lol

Keep plugging away on the car, Im sure its going to be something minor and stupid...
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X