Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Lol longest cold stretch since the late 1960s for us up here. My area of the valley normally only drifts closed 1 or 2 times every couple years..... this year about every 5 days I was digging out 3 foot wind packed drifts to get to the main road.

Lots of wind too out of the north east, old man winter was late to the party but was not playing when he got here, I woke up to about 4 inches of fresh snow down here in the valley and being it rained all day yesterday down low who knows how much we got up in the higher elevations
    That's wild. Luckily in town a foot of snow doesn't disrupt travel too much. Some drivers just seemed to enjoy putting their cars into the snow banks. Only time the weather messed me up this year, I was about to drive to Spokane but the St Regis avalanche shut down 90.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

wish we would have gotten snow this year :( Haven't had a good winter precipitation for like 4 years now...
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

from your neck of the woods it would likely have added about 2 and half hours but you could have taken the highline on over in to Spokane, its normally the way we go. Even for us its a little further, but we dont have deal with I90 this time of year, deal with lookout pass, going that way.

Up here, we have so many fools that have no idea how to drive in "weather" it makes it very hard to get anywhere when its wintering, hell even when its nice out these SoCal imports all drive about 30 Everywhere they go because it has to be slippery someplace lol.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          hell even when its nice out these SoCal imports all drive about 30 Everywhere they go because it has to be slippery someplace lol.

they are just worried a bear might jump out and eat them so they are driving cautiously
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I think they're slowing down looking for a good place to get a cold brew frapalatte
            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
            Q
            :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
              I think they're slowing down looking for a good place to get a cold brew frapalatte
              or a Vegan spot...
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                or a Vegan spot...
                but the vegan spot MUST have gluten free options..
                Q

Comment

dont forget the peanut allergies...
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

or a Vegan spot...
                    Oh we have plenty of places for that, this is the eastern edge of the PNW when it comes to places to procure your Coffee, or Micro Brews. Nearly eveyone that sells any type of food around here advertises G/F, we even have a bakery devoted to G/F. Have to keep all the soccer moms in their Mercs, Audi's and Sequoias supplied with caffeine and G/F scones and bagels on cheat day

Really I swear the thought process is, because there is snow on both sides of the road that the part that is in the middle and scraped to pavement and 99.89% dry the roads must be slippery everywhere in the middle to. And the .11% thats damp is so loaded with chloride products it has to get to about -40f to freeze.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Californians suck at driving in any kind of weather that's not sunny and even then, they're staring down at their phones or putting makeup on...
                      Q

Comment

they are just worried a bear might jump out and eat them so they are driving cautiously
                        They're waking up now. Yellowstone's first bear sighting was just the other day.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

dont forget the peanut allergies...
                          Speaking as someone who has has a peanut allergy his whole life...

...people with peanut allergies can go fuck off.
                          Steve • Toronto
                          1991 318is • Brillantrot
                          Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                            Speaking as someone who has has a peanut allergy his whole life...

...people with peanut allergies can go fuck off.
                            It sounds like you dont have the allergy anymore? How did you "cure" it?
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                              wish we would have gotten snow this year :( Haven't had a good winter precipitation for like 4 years now...

I wish that was the case for us. We have got some serious flooding going in from all the snow and ice. Our normal snow accumulation from November to march is roughly 30 inches. This year from mid December to mid February we got 55 inches. So much snow we dont have a place to put it or enough plows to push it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                                It sounds like you dont have the allergy anymore? How did you "cure" it?
                                Oh no I still definitely have it. Spent a night in the hospital last winter because a waitress forgot to tell me that a dish had nuts in it.

The problem these days is people make up having serious allergies as an excuse to not eat certain things, to the point that I've noticed a drastic change in wait staff caring for food prep when I mention I am deathly allergic. They aren't taking some people who actually have the allergy less seriously because of those who say they have a serious allergy, but really just dont want to eat gluten/nuts/whatever they are allergic to that week.
                                Steve • Toronto
                                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                                Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X