No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the bang and recoil can be off putting to new people. Let her get used to the 22 and if she feels up to shooting the center fire stuff, then move her up.
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

think california will have normal cap mags again? they did for like a week.

Comment

I've not heard more about the magazine thing going on in California. A court stepped in and stopped it and that's all i've heard.
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          First time running since idk when maybe 2009. Ran 2 miles walked 2 on top of the 5 miles walked at work. Thought I was out of shape more than I really am. Still got work to do would like to be able to run 5+ at some point just gotta keep working at it.
          Right on.

I used to run between 3 and 4 miles daily, then I got an office job, and well, really packed on the pounds. Me and the lady are going to both get back into an exercise and healthy eating routine, it's been having a lot of negative effects on us over the past year.

It will be a long time before I get back to running again unfortunately. That's a lot of stress I don't want to put on my joints.
          I do things.

Comment

Key is shoes.

Find a good set of shoes that work. I have a couple that I prefer due to gate and running style, my wife has a brand she prefers.

Shoes make all the difference, my buddy has really messed up legs and couldn’t run even a couple blocks. He got these Italian shoes that have all this crazy suspension on them and make him look like Robocop, but he ran two laps of PIR last winter after having not ran a foot race in 20 years.

Starting small is good and having people to run with. I run with a group of 50 year olds in the morning (they can still lay down 3:00 marathons) but we just dink along at 8:15 usually on our morning 7 miles and just BS - it’s where we can complain about politics, people, etc.. sometimes I run with my wife (she’s usually in the 9 something range) which gives us time to talk together that we don’t always get with our schedules and kiddo. And one or two days a week I take the dog for a quick 5k (her best is in the 7:50’s, which isn’t bad for a Saint Bernard).

The nice thing about running vs any other sport (car racing biking) is its pretty cheap and easy to schedule time to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
              First time running since idk when maybe 2009. Ran 2 miles walked 2 on top of the 5 miles walked at work. Thought I was out of shape more than I really am. Still got work to do would like to be able to run 5+ at some point just gotta keep working at it.
              Good for you, Brandon. I also started walking a lot, after I got my German Shepherd. She's super active and if she doesn't get her 4-5 mile walk, every day, she doesn't sleep. Works out well for both of us, I think :)
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                Good for you, Brandon. I also started walking a lot, after I got my German Shepherd. She's super active and if she doesn't get her 4-5 mile walk, every day, she doesn't sleep. Works out well for both of us, I think :)
                Getting a dog is a huge win for exercise because they NEED their walks, no matter how you are feeling or the weather. So it forces you to get out there an walk.

Over an hour dog walk every day when I get home from work is a great way to decompress from the stresses of the workplace too.
                Steve • Toronto
                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                Build Thread

Comment

We've been considering a dog too, but just aren't "pet indoors" kinda ppl.
                  The GF grew up on a farm and is a strong believer that dogs belong outside.
                  With living downtown in a major city, that's just not an option.
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                    We've been considering a dog too, but just aren't "pet indoors" kinda ppl.
                    The GF grew up on a farm and is a strong believer that dogs belong outside.
                    With living downtown in a major city, that's just not an option.

Have you tried bringing home a teacup chihuahua? That usually works than you can bring your Shepard after

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post

Thanks I wish I could take my black lab with me but I run at the school down the street from me in the track and they don’t allow dogs but I take him around in the neighborhood.

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                      Key is shoes.

Find a good set of shoes that work. I have a couple that I prefer due to gate and running style, my wife has a brand she prefers.

Shoes make all the difference, my buddy has really messed up legs and couldn’t run even a couple blocks. He got these Italian shoes that have all this crazy suspension on them and make him look like Robocop, but he ran two laps of PIR last winter after having not ran a foot race in 20 years.

Starting small is good and having people to run with. I run with a group of 50 year olds in the morning (they can still lay down 3:00 marathons) but we just dink along at 8:15 usually on our morning 7 miles and just BS - it’s where we can complain about politics, people, etc.. sometimes I run with my wife (she’s usually in the 9 something range) which gives us time to talk together that we don’t always get with our schedules and kiddo. And one or two days a week I take the dog for a quick 5k (her best is in the 7:50’s, which isn’t bad for a Saint Bernard).

The nice thing about running vs any other sport (car racing biking) is its pretty cheap and easy to schedule time to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I bought Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35’s and really like them. Super supportive and comfortable. My legs are sore but thats cause its been 10 years not from the shoes.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                        Have you tried bringing home a teacup chihuahua?
                        No offense, but we don't consider that a "dog". That's more of a children's toy.
                        Whenever I see those I just think "that things practically the size of a rat on a leash".
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

No offense, but we don't consider that a "dog". That's more of a children's toy.

Whenever I see those I just think "that things practically the size of a rat on a leash".

Agreed a dog is not something I can throw 50 yards. My neighbor has one with little man syndrome. I had my dog in the front yard which is a great dane/lab mix when that little shit ran up on him and tried to attack him. He picked it up gave it a shake and threw it. Soon as we made sure it was okay my neighbor just laughed and said about time something kicked his ass. Im glad he was cool about it. Could of ended bad for my dog who isn’t mean at all that little shit just startled him and he was likely in protect mode cause I was right by them.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

You're not wrong.
                            I do things.

Comment

This 1000%.

My girlfriend and I have agreed no pets smaller than our Catahoula puppy, who's already 40lbs. If one of them pissed off my 90lb Rhodesian Ridgeback, he would likely try to rip their head off. Especially considering the napoleon complex that comes with most "toy" dogs, it likely wouldn't go down well.

Medium-Large dogs are the best. They just required a yard or an active owner to be truly happy.
                              Originally posted by flyboyx
                              how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                              Originally posted by Northern
                              beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                              Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                              Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                              '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                              Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

do u guys know if the front turn signal plugs on the harness is e30 specific?

Comment

Working...
                                X