Living in Southern California?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MoparJ
    replied
    Originally posted by FLYNAVY
    I'm sure there are people out there who don't like San Diego, but I haven't met any of them :)
    I love it. I got out of the military here back in 98 and just never left. Once you're here long enough, you figure out which parts of town to stay away from.....luckily, there are twice as many good parts than bad, IMHO.

    Leave a comment:


  • carfantiti
    replied
    I wrote U huge page on why not to move or come To California than erased it.I'm getting out trust me it is not the place to live anymore that changed 10 years back .

    Leave a comment:


  • Dozyproductions
    replied
    Originally posted by FLYNAVY
    Yeah, I didn't spend much time in PB or Gaslamp for that reason. Whole lot of self-important LA dbags that don't amount to anything more than a bunch of clowns that are living well beyond their means (or living off the parent's paycheck) and have an entitlement complex.....then again, what 20-something kids these days don't? Not really worth my time. SD was still a good experience, I just spent most of it either on Coronado, or at La Jolla and north.
    haha, some people who know me from this forum can have a laugh at some one telling me all this :) Living in PB it just changes you man, it must be the syphilis in the water. SD is a great place though, just not for me for ever.

    Leave a comment:


  • Deathtoll
    replied
    Originally posted by brent5631
    Come to Texas. Lots of jobs decent weather and a we're not bankrupt or have stupid car laws.

    I was stationed at Fort Hood Texas, If you want humidity and sweating your balls off WHILE your in the shower then Texas is for you !

    Leave a comment:


  • Deathtoll
    replied
    South Bay is the best place to live.

    San Fernando Valley is hot and crowded and expensive
    Santa Clarita is the same price but hotter and you have to commute beause there are few jobs there.
    South Bay has the ocean breeze and it's usually 75-60 ten months out of the year plus it's more affordable than the other two places I mentioned.

    I lived in San Fernando Valley for a long time and was in Santa Clarita Regularly. I've been around and it's all south bay for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jrey
    replied
    Coronado was just magnificent when i went down with the family! Fairly quiet place and civilized although i might be wrong, but the places there are great, little shopping area kinda like Rodeo drive in Beverly Hills and you got that fancy Hotel Del Coronado and the beaches as well!

    Leave a comment:


  • FLYNAVY
    replied
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    I'm a San Diego native and I actually moved up north to get away from it. The scenery, weather, and life is beautiful down there but the people who live there are not. Yes we have an amazing e30 community and there are good people but its like all the shittyness from L.A. came down there and ruined the lazy navy town kind of feel. Downtown SD is cleaned up but now PB is full of douchebags and bagesses... its a trade off. Then again its a national shift. People aren't as good as their word anymore.
    Yeah, I didn't spend much time in PB or Gaslamp for that reason. Whole lot of self-important LA dbags that don't amount to anything more than a bunch of clowns that are living well beyond their means (or living off the parent's paycheck) and have an entitlement complex.....then again, what 20-something kids these days don't? Not really worth my time. SD was still a good experience, I just spent most of it either on Coronado, or at La Jolla and north.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dozyproductions
    replied
    I'm a San Diego native and I actually moved up north to get away from it. The scenery, weather, and life is beautiful down there but the people who live there are not. Yes we have an amazing e30 community and there are good people but its like all the shittyness from L.A. came down there and ruined the lazy navy town kind of feel. Downtown SD is cleaned up but now PB is full of douchebags and bagesses... its a trade off. Then again its a national shift. People aren't as good as their word anymore.

    Leave a comment:


  • TurboJake
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • e30trooper
    replied
    Somewhere in the LA bison. Depends how much you want to spend.

    Leave a comment:


  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    i just sucks where i live right now, and my mother might be getting a job down there soon so thats good to know , i could do with more hot girls

    Leave a comment:


  • FLYNAVY
    replied
    Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
    I may be about to move down to San Diego that's good to know
    I'm sure there are people out there who don't like San Diego, but I haven't met any of them :)

    Leave a comment:


  • brent5631
    replied
    Come to Texas. Lots of jobs decent weather and a we're not bankrupt or have stupid car laws.

    Leave a comment:


  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    I may be about to move down to San Diego that's good to know

    Leave a comment:


  • FLYNAVY
    replied
    I lived in SD for about 2 years and it was God's country. I actually got tired of the sun (being a PNW native), but everything else was amazing. Everything you could ever want to do a short drive away or right in your neighborhood, amazing beaches everywhere, etc etc. It is not cheap but it is doable. Really hot girls, good bars, plenty of outdoor stuff to do (whether that be the ocean, or the mountains/desert). It is one of two places that the wife and I are considering moving to for good once I get off active duty......there or Seattle.

    Leave a comment:

Working...