If you can afford it move to any beach city, you'll love it here.
The place is dirty, stinky at times, smogy, loud, overpriced and has way too much trafic to deal with but, it's the greatest melting pot in the country.
Living in Southern California?
Collapse
X
-
I moved 3.5 years ago. Lived there my whole life. Never looked back. I understand the draw, but I could never move back.Leave a comment:
-
Sounds like a mixed crowd. I like the sound of huntington beach. Surf all day and buritos and the port. SOLD!Leave a comment:
-
-
Lived in Carlsbad for a few years when the wife and I first started dating. Loved EVERYTHING about the experience but the traffic.
Once the right opportunity comes up we will move back.Leave a comment:
-
Grew up in sandiego/orange county.
was paying 1805/mo for a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment in south OC.
I decided to say eff this, and moved to the PNW.
But I will return to San Diego someday because there is no better place in the world to be.Leave a comment:
-
I like Huntington Beach. Wake up, check the surf, surf, make burritos shirtless, sometimes I'll grill pig, go to school to learn stuff, work by the port where international
Business is booming, and then sleep in my wonderful bed where I get to sleep and wake up and do it all over again.Leave a comment:
-
I agree on living in San Francisco Its nicer but only thing is its even more expensive .I lived in these cities,San Clemente,Laguna Niguel,Mission Viejo,Aliso Viejo,Huntington beach,redondo beach,Torrance,Carson,Playa Vista,Marina Del rey,Palos Verdes,Rolling Hills,Tustin and Santa Ana .If You have the money Living by ocean is best weather 7-10 degrees cooler.From what I've experienced, the beach communities are the most enjoyable/relaxing.
I live in south Orange County (Mission Viejo) and prefer San Clemente, Dana Point, Laguna, and New Port. Yes, the cost of living/gas/consumer goods is fucking ridiculous. But once you're used it all, or able to afford it, life is great. I'm about an hour north of San Diego and an hour South of LA, so during the weekends I have three great choices of where to be.
If I personally had the choice, I'd move to San Francisco. It's always entertaining up there.
Good luck with the decision.
California is great If your rich.The middle class income starts at 150,000 k so if you are not making that your poor here.It is over populated ,over priced,under payed,over polluted,And the border's from mexico are now past LA.Leave a comment:
-
From what I've experienced, the beach communities are the most enjoyable/relaxing.
I live in south Orange County (Mission Viejo) and prefer San Clemente, Dana Point, Laguna, and New Port. Yes, the cost of living/gas/consumer goods is fucking ridiculous. But once you're used it all, or able to afford it, life is great. I'm about an hour north of San Diego and an hour South of LA, so during the weekends I have three great choices of where to be.
If I personally had the choice, I'd move to San Francisco. It's always entertaining up there.
Good luck with the decision.Leave a comment:
-
Let's put it this way.
If it's 98 in Santa Clarita it's 90 in SFV
If it's 90 in San Fernando Valley it's about 75-78 in long beach.
The problem is if it's about 72-70 during the day at night you will need a jacket as the temp can even hit the fifties.
I also noticed that gas prices are a tad lower here. it's usually 10-15 cents per gallon less.
I had to move down here from SFV because of a new career opportunity (this was five years ago)
Now I can never go back to the valley. Just too hot and and crowded for me.
I must admit though , the car scene is ALOT stronger in SFV than in the south bay.Leave a comment:
-
I work in all over cal and the general attitude I get where ever I go is a superiority complex. People are generally friendly if I ask a question about how great/nice things are but if you ask about why shit is stupid here, its war. I love the scenery/weather that is it. The freeways suck, the laws suck, the cost of living is retarded, they have close to five dollar gas right now, bankrupt cities, murder capitols of the country reside in this state, their guns laws are dumb, and half the state doesn't speak English (I'm not racist but if I ask a question at a gas station I need to speak 4 different languages and I'm from Arizona where most people speak Spanish). Speed limits are a suggestion, half the population does 10 under in left lane, trucks in the middle land passing them, and the other half doing 20 over in any lane.Leave a comment:
-
I have a few friends in the South Bay Area they say its really niceLeave a comment:
-
Southbay ftw. Its nicer ( no offence to any other LA areas ) Like deathtroll said, stays much cooler all year round. Ocean is mins away.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: