Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is parent of a child with autism??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else is parent of a child with autism??

I thought it would be a great idea to to start this thread and get to know the rest you guys or gals who have children affected by this disorder. My son Damon, who is now 10 was diagnosed with Autism spectrum disorder when he was 2. Untill he was just a little older than 5, he was almost completely mute and not potty trained. For the first view years my wife and I were together we thought that he would never speak. Now we can't get him to STOP talking haha. Thankfully, he has progressed A LOT and has been become very high functioning and he loves going for rides in my E30. Eventually, I think it would an awesome idea for possibly a E30's for Autisim Cruise raising money for awareness for a disorder that affects more and more families every day. So feel free to share your stories and any parenting tips for the parents that are new to dealing with Autism.Click image for larger version

Name:	021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	7229452

Click image for larger version

Name:	057.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	7229453
    sigpic
    Justin Angelli
    1985 325e Gazellenbiege

+support

I know there can be hard times with these kids, but when they are happy, just makes you smile.

A E30 autism rally would be great.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

sounds like a cool idea, I'd go

Comment

My cousin has autism. My aunt and uncle do excellent things for him to fit the world around his disorder. I can only imagine the hardship it brings.

I would be down for an E30 autism cruise. I can imagine it owuld be the first of its kind.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          +support

I know there can be hard times with these kids, but when they are happy, just makes you smile.

A E30 autism rally would be great.
          Thats the main reason why I decided to create this thread, a lot of new parents don't know how to cope when their child is having a bad day. Sometimes the littlest thing can set them off and you have to know how to get them to decompress
          sigpic
          Justin Angelli
          1985 325e Gazellenbiege

Comment

My 5 year old brother has autism, I was really bummed because we didnt know if that was a major disease. Turns out its not that bad, this would be awesome. It really does put a smile on your face when you see them happy. Good idea man!
            IG: @_j.wn

Comment

you should paint the hood of your car like this S13 for autism awareness

Originally posted by HarryPotter
              not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
              Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

I've never dealt with autism personally, but my wife has dealt with it through work. I've got a ton of respect for you all who have autistic children. I'd gladly participate in an autism cruise.

Comment

I'm in. I have a buddy who has fragile x, he also loves my e30 he thinks were a race car team. Tons of respect to parents with needing kids, seen how hard it can be at times keep up the good work.

Comment

ti ti ti timmay?...

in for support, my best friend is autistic

Comment

Originally posted by Deltron Dirty30 View Post
                      you should paint the hood of your car like this S13 for autism awareness

I was actually doing something along those lines, but instead of doing the whole hood, I was going to do a off center stripe the length of the car made up of puzzle pieces in "M" colors...
                      sigpic
                      Justin Angelli
                      1985 325e Gazellenbiege

Comment

Can someone maybe design some window stickers that can be sold at next years picnic for awareness? I would do it but I cant draw for shit...
                        sigpic
                        Justin Angelli
                        1985 325e Gazellenbiege

Comment

my kids don't have it, but my wife specializes in working with kids who have autism.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

My brothers son jaden who is 5 has autism. It would be great to organize a criuse for this cause.:up:
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

I have a friend, her son who is 10 has this. The little guy is so cool because he has the vibe of a true badass, When i first met him he walked all over my house and opened the fridge the tv,as if the place was his, Total badass.

a few weeks ago i took him on a special field trip to talk about Railroad safety and he picked it all up and remembered it perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                              X