Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone on r3v run/jog?

Took it up on a whim with my wife.
    I used to run cross-country in highshool, yet that was 12 years ago.

I stopped biking/running once I got a car(kept with biking but downhill only) and just lifted weights during my college barstar career.

Now, one kid later, we both started running. My wife is a natural at 5'8 and 110lbs...kicks my ass and is faster then I. I'm 6'2 230...6weeks ago I was 245.

Now running 5km 3-4nights a week in about 27-30 minutes.

Started slow, but holy is it ever addictive. I'm hooked!

I'm sure there are some runners here too...
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

I ran/XC/Track all through highschool, but now that I'm in college.....not so much. I'd like to get back into it, but it's much easier if you have a group of people to run with instead of just yourself.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

I ran XC in high school as well. I ran off and on after college for exercise. I mostly run alone, and I don't mind it at all. I almost prefer it especially for tempo runs.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

it's an amazing feeling, but just wait til your knees give up the ghost.

mine have started and i'm a decade your junior.

Comment

I need to start running. Gotta get rid of those pounds I put on over summer.

Originally posted by evandael View Post
          it's an amazing feeling, but just wait til your knees give up the ghost.

mine have started and i'm a decade your junior.
          I'm 22, and already pop every time I get up. Dunno if there's anything wrong with them, but it doesn't sound good :(

Comment

running? ohh, you must mean parkour

Comment

I love running. I'm lucky because I have a paved and patrolled bike trail that runs right alongside my business. I run about 10-12K, 3 times a week. I'm a fairweather runner though. I can't run in the cold, but if its 90+ degrees and 100% humidity then I'm running an extra 10km that day.

The last 4 Christmas mornings I've gone running about 25k in Florida. Unfortunately, I'm sidelined at the moment because I severely sprained my foot and tore a lot of tendons in my left foot/ankle and broke off a 1/4" chunk of bone. My personal goal right now is to run on Christmas morning even if it's only for 50 meters.

Comment

I ran XC and track in high school. Didin't do anything in college, still tried to go running every once in a while to keep in shape.

Now i'm starting to run everyday of the week even if it's only 20 mins.
                You really notice the difference it makes once you stop, or start running again. All else equal, you have more energy all throughout the day and sleep better. Reason is mostly because the muscle your working the most if your heart. The stronger your heart is, the less it has to work to keep blood flowing when you're just sitting there. This results in your beats per minute at rest being lower, you having more energy all the time, and your heart lasting longer.
                Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Does walking when your car breaks down count?
                  Swanny!
                  SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by Pl3wA View Post
                    running? ohh, you must mean parkour
                    What you did. I see.
                    sigpic

Comment

I ran 8 years of track in high school/college that just ended, then took a couple months off and I'm now doing occasional workouts and long runs. By far the hardest part though is [quote=AbsorbantNut;3460803 it's much easier if you have a group of people to run with instead of just yourself.[/quote]

It's so much harder to get motivated now without competition as incentive.
                      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I sprint and do a little distance. mostly sprint tho
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

How do you guys combat shin splints? EVERY time I run more than a mile, I get them. Sometimes they hurt for a day, but if I continue to run on them (push through the pain) they can hurt for a few weeks.

I have to PT test for the AF, so running in a way is part of my job.
                          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I am training for the 100m dash as well as heavy weight training. I used to do long distance running but it eats away at my recovery which i need for other purposes but there is nothing like running 10 miles without slowing down to rest.

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                            How do you guys combat shin splints? EVERY time I run more than a mile, I get them. Sometimes they hurt for a day, but if I continue to run on them (push through the pain) they can hurt for a few weeks.

I have to PT test for the AF, so running in a way is part of my job.

It is microtrauma to the tendon connecting the tiba (shin bone) and tibalis anterior.

Get a foam roller or use a rolling pin to massage the connective tissue to the side of the tiba, that is the damaged tissue that causes the inflammation and pain since it is not strong enough to do what you want it to yet. Make sure your running form is good, even on concrete you can avoid all pain with good form but being a newbie or not having seasoned tendons can be a bitch to get through.

Comment

I had to look up the definition of a shin splint. I've never had anything like that. Do you have good running shoes? A good independent running shoe store will be able to measure the arches of your feet and your walking/running pattern to sell you the proper shoes. I always make sure that I'm using newer shoes and I use Sorbothane insoles.

Comment

Working...
                              X