No announcement yet.

anybody into bodybuilding/powerlifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rule: if you got to round, then drop the weight down.
    "I wanna see da boat movie"
    "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
      it's like $5 for 3, they're awesome
      Way cheaper for those at places like big lots. But I've switched to the target in-house brand. Theirs are made in the USA still. Don't know if it's really different but I feel better buying it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
        Way cheaper for those at places like big lots. But I've switched to the target in-house brand. Theirs are made in the USA still. Don't know if it's really different but I feel better buying it.
        /thread

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
          nobody ever has them in stock so I have to do what I have to do. Plus driving around to save a buck only spends a buck. Truth Bomb.

Comment

Dang.. Haven't posted here in forever

Weight check. Let myself go at the end of the semester. Went up to 240lbs, but I was also lifting heavy weights

Got up to:
            235 bench
            215 squat
            155 dead-lift

Highest/biggest I've ever been. Started my cutting routine and dropped to 228 in 6 weeks. Keeping it strong!

Comment

I've been doing street workouts and shit, calisthenics, meeting up with a group to do workouts at a nearby park. It's just too nice for me to be in the gym right now. Once the weather starts to get shitty in a few months I'll have nothing better to do.

I keep eating more and keep getting leaner, slowly getting bigger as well, but I'm still eating clean, keeping the carbs relatively low and no junk (added sugar, processed crap, wheat or dairy). Haven't weighed in in a while, but I'd be surprised if I actually added any weight recently. Hoping to put on like 10ish pounds by next year. I'm looking better all the time though so it's all good.
              For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
              Originally posted by mbonanni
              I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

K so I'm back in the actual gym and when I'm squatting I can only get 6-7 reps before I have to rerack and catch my breath. My legs are good, but I start to get dizzy and lightheaded. I know you're using a lot of oxygen to power all the muscles the squats stimulate, but I think this is definitely beyond normal. I try to breathe as well as I can while squatting. I do go really low (beyond 90 degrees lol), ass to grass when I go down,

Anyone else experience this? I just rerack, catch my breath and do more sets of fewer reps.
                For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                Originally posted by mbonanni
                I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

If you are starting out again you don't have enough stamina, thus you run out of juice quickly, doesn't mean you are not capable of doing the weight, just mean your endurance needs to be built up.
                  Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                  If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
                  Originally posted by J3M93
                  This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                    K so I'm back in the actual gym and when I'm squatting I can only get 6-7 reps before I have to rerack and catch my breath. My legs are good, but I start to get dizzy and lightheaded. I know you're using a lot of oxygen to power all the muscles the squats stimulate, but I think this is definitely beyond normal. I try to breathe as well as I can while squatting. I do go really low (beyond 90 degrees lol), ass to grass when I go down,

Anyone else experience this? I just rerack, catch my breath and do more sets of fewer reps.
                    depends on the weight and the reps you're trying to get to. I get light headed on dead lifts, but i'm trying to fatigue out by the last rep.

Comment

The hardest part for me with bodybuilding is eating enough. I'm eating like a pound of chicken a day, plus 4 or 5 eggs, tuna, veggies and carbs, some cottage cheese at night and lifting for a half hour each day and I've yet to gain weight. I am seeing gain noobs so it's nice but I would like to start seeing the scale go up. I'm at 138 and dreaming of getting to 160. I know it takes time but "sigh"
                      Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                      If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
                      Originally posted by J3M93
                      This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post

Got up to:
                        235 bench
                        215 squat
                        155 dead-lift

Highest/biggest I've ever been. Started my cutting routine and dropped to 228 in 6 weeks. Keeping it strong!
                        We're like total opposites. My dead lift is wayyy stronger than my bench.
                        Bench seems to be the slowest for me in progress.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                          Yeah, me too. My dead lift is 465 lbs, but my bench is 245 lbs. I am 6'2 199 lbs.
                          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Only thing I've been lifting lately is 12oz. curls and ratchets......work and school have been brutal, any free time I like to wrench.

My wife on the other hand is 10 weeks out from her next show, she's going to blow people away.
                            sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

When do you plan on doing another 1 million pound challenge, IronFreak?
                              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post

I haven't worked on back exclusively like I have chest/bench

I could probably do more, but I've never actually maxed my dead lift

Haven't stepped in the gym for weeks, went last week for chest. Two sets @ 225lbs
                                Luckily still got it lol

Comment

Working...
                                X