anybody into bodybuilding/powerlifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killacortes View Post
    Did legs today whoop whoop! I used to hate leg day now I look forward to it.

Leg extention
    Squats
    Leg curl
    Hack squats
    Calf raises
    Stiff leg dead lifts

Then played basketball. Neddless to say my legs will be out of commission for the next 2 days haha
    No doubt. I did legs yesterday and they went straight MIA today. I have to brace myself as I sitdown to poop!

I saw a funny MEME today.

"Leg day is like having sex, if you do it right, you can't walk correctly the rest of the week!"
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Atta boy.

Just read Squat Everyday by Matt Perryman. Wordy sometimes, but worth the read. Took me three sit downs to get through it.

I literally now want to workout everyday.
      2008 335i - n54b30
      1991 318i - m52b28
      1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

Chesticals and tris after work.
        sigpic

Comment

Did ass/grass squats last night. Lower back feels great but my upper back is still achey.
          Push ups are suprisingly a great back work out.

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
            Chesticals

Light day for me today. Some light-ish squatting, bench, and pull ups. Maybe some ab work. Training a girl today and showing her the ropes! (Not those kind of ropes ;) )

Any of you guys help others out in training? I cant help but pass my knowledge onto others in hopes of it benefiting them as it has done for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
              Did ass/grass squats last night. Lower back feels great but my upper back is still achey.
              Push ups are suprisingly a great back work out.
              Surprisingly enough to some, if you're not using your back during pressing motions, you're doing it all wrong. Look at some of the crazy good lifters, they superset pulling (back) motions between press sets to get that back nice and tight. I do a set of 10 pull ups between ever press motion on chest and shoulder days. keeps you tight, and does good for the lats.

#pullupallthethings!

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post

Light day for me today. Some light-ish squatting, bench, and pull ups. Maybe some ab work. Training a girl today and showing her the ropes! (Not those kind of ropes ;) )

Any of you guys help others out in training? I cant help but pass my knowledge onto others in hopes of it benefiting them as it has done for me.
              My wife, that's about all I have time for with my schedule. That's ok though, I get to fully reap the rewards of that after the gym. ;)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                Only if people ask and/or only if someone looks like they're about to kill themselves. Otherwise, I keep to myself.
                2008 335i - n54b30
                1991 318i - m52b28

Comment

Originally posted by drumad View Post
                  Only if people ask and/or only if someone looks like they're about to kill themselves. Otherwise, I keep to myself.
                  I feel you on that one. If I stopped and helped everyone I saw squatting wrong at my gym, I'd be helping 99% of the members there.

Comment

I usually have to work pretty hard not to laugh in my gym. For some reason we have a lot of noise makers........light weight+horrible form=loud noises. I have come to the conclusion that their philosophy is, "if I make enough noise maybe people will think this it's heavy and won't count the 'plate' i have on the bar".
                    sigpic

Comment

Like this?! :D
                      Really guy? You need to be THAT loud when lifting weights? You're not the only person in this gym working out, you know! STFU creeper!

Comment

My chesticals have been turned into beefy mancakes. Epic session tonight, one of those were you walk out of the gym feeling like the hulk! Everything was super set with either pullups or wide/narrow grip lat pulls.

Flat bench
                        135 - 2x10
                        185 - 1x10
                        205 - 1x10
                        225 - 1x10
                        245 - 1x10

I really focused on form, I was getting crazy pumps by the end. I used the philosophy of "make the weight heavy"

Incline DB press

50 - 1x12
                        75 - 1x8
                        85 - 1x8
                        95 - 1x6

First set was a little to easy, even for the concept stated above

incline DB flys

35 - 4x12 with burnout presses at the end of each

standing cable flys

70 - 3x10

Then I went to tris, super set the following

Dips
                        v-bar close grip pull downs
                        rear extensions.

I then proceeded to pop my collar and hulk walk my pumped self to the car. Great night in the gym.
                        sigpic

Comment

Chesticles for me as well

Bench
                          105x5
                          135x5
                          160x3
                          180x5
                          200x5
                          225x5

Incline work
                          50 chinups in as least sets as possible
                          Fly work
                          SGHPs
                          Push ups to burn out
                          Bicep work

Seriously though, snatch grip high pulls are my favorite accessory exercise right now.
                          2008 335i - n54b30
                          1991 318i - m52b28

Comment

Seriously though, snatch grip high pulls are my favorite accessory exercise right now.
                            I KNOW RIGHT!!!!

My wife asked me the other day why my traps look so big.....Ive been doing them once a week for 3 weeks. you want a monster neck/trap area boys, wide snatch grip high pull.......FOR REELZ
                            sigpic

Comment

Good to know abotu the snatch high pulls. I dont isolate, just the big lifts, but I may switch over to some body building for the summer until winter.

Until then, check this out. Mehdi from Stronglifts has been pushing these guys book pretty hard but its pretty interesting.... I use Glutamine supps. Now I feel like I'm wasting my money!
                              Stronglifts helps you get stronger, build muscle and improve your fitness. Discover our training program, exercise guides and weightlifting app.

Comment

That article is interesting. I'm good on all accounts except I use BCAA.... oh well. use it till its gone.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X