The Official R3V Pet Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dreamchasin View Post
    We just got 5 6 week old pit puppies! Fostering until they get homes. Gotta love puppies.
    Sounds like a fun handful!

Since youre in the reptile business do you have any source for a tortoise?
    Swanny!
    SUCKERS.

Comment

Ivan was fouteen years old yesterday.
      1990 Alpine 325iC.

Comment

Need some advice...my cat, 5months old, has a foriegn body in her intestines and is causing her to vomit and inflammation...the vet said she'll need x-rays to find where the object is located and then surgery. They gave me a quote on all of it and I wouldn't be able to afford it if I saved for the next 3 months and I don't have pet insurance...what should I do? I've researched and eventually a foriegn body will kill an animal from either starvation or infection if not treated quickly.
        Originally posted by Wh33lhop
        This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Give the cat up to someone with the means to get her the help she needs. It will be rough but the best thing for her.
          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
          Originally posted by mbonanni
          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
            Need some advice...my cat, 5months old, has a foriegn body in her intestines and is causing her to vomit and inflammation...the vet said she'll need x-rays to find where the object is located and then surgery. They gave me a quote on all of it and I wouldn't be able to afford it if I saved for the next 3 months and I don't have pet insurance...what should I do? I've researched and eventually a foriegn body will kill an animal from either starvation or infection if not treated quickly.
            how far down in her intestines?
            My chihuahua swollowed a tampon (fucking gross) and it was stuck in him for a while. He was crapping out very foul smelling diarrhea. We were very scared, but thankfully he was able to throw it up after a couple days. Do you know what it is?
            2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
            (Daily Driver)
            Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
            KW V2 Coilovers
            VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

How much for just an X-ray?
              If you look at low cost animal clinics or pet rescues they should be able to help you with surgery costs and such. Or ask the clinic if you can make monthly payments/weekly payments till the bill is paid off.

Comment

$250 for just x-ray...from what they told me it's in her large intestines...so pretty far down. I'm hoping she can just pass whatever it is (it made it that far)...it didn't show up on the x-ray but the inflammation was apparent to them (I couldn't see it but I'm "untrained"), it was probably floss or something very thin the x-ray itself can't pick up. I looked into their credit card options, however, I don't qualify because it's obviously based on credit and mine is below shit grade. I feel a little better today though since she was able to keep down what she ate last night along with passing it. From what I've read, animals that have foreign objects stuck in their intestines will discontinue eating and if they do eat, cannot pass. She's eating right now as I'm typing and is acting just as active as ever. Hopefully my vet was just trying to get my wallet out, shitty thing to do, but I'll just never return there.

Comment

$250 for just x-ray...from what they told me it's in her large intestines...so pretty far down. I'm hoping she can just pass whatever it is (it made it that far)...it didn't show up on the x-ray but the inflammation was apparent to them (I couldn't see it but I'm "untrained"), it was probably floss or something very thin the x-ray itself can't pick up. I looked into their credit card options, however, I don't qualify because it's obviously based on credit and mine is below shit grade. I feel a little better today though since she was able to keep down what she ate last night along with passing it. From what I've read, animals that have foreign objects stuck in their intestines will discontinue eating and if they do eat, cannot pass. She's eating right now as I'm typing and is acting just as active as ever. Hopefully my vet was just trying to get my wallet out, shitty thing to do, but I'll just never return there.
                  Try to feed her canned pumpkin. Make sure it is 100% canned pumpkin. If you can mix it with a very appealing fish/chicken food she likes, it can help pass the foreign object. Try mixing a little with tuna and see if she eats it. Keep plenty of fresh water around. Give her lots of mushy foods. It will help "cradle" the object and hopefully pass it through. You can also mix some mineral oil into the food. If that doesn't work, plain yogurt mixed with a little milk will help clear her out, but use this as a last option, as dairy, despite the popular belief, isn't great for cats.

Comment

Awesome thank you very much sir I'll give this a try tonight. Should I be expecting her ass to blow out? I don't want to all of a sudden have her going in my bed.

Comment

My pets consist of the 2 cats that live outback.. I shoot pigeons out of my palm tree and they eat them! :p

Comment

Awesome thank you very much sir I'll give this a try tonight. Should I be expecting her ass to blow out? I don't want to all of a sudden have her going in my bed.
                        Canned pumpkin shouldn't do anything but make her go because of the fiber in it. Each animal does respond differently. If you are giving her mineral oil or the dairy, expect CAT-ASStrophic blow out. Pun intended. Har har har

Comment

Comment

Hopefully my vet was just trying to get my wallet out, shitty thing to do, but I'll just never return there.
                            I feel this happens a great deal as people are emotionally invested in their pet's and this is leveraged by somewhat unscrupulous vets.

as far as passing "foreign bodies", I had a good vet tell me that feeding them Petroleum Jelly helped lube up the pipes, and speed up the exit, in my case though it was a Dog, and the Foreign body was/were balls of tin-foil and assorted garbage.

it didn't look fun, and I think he deserved every bit of the discomfort, but it worked well.
                            maybe this works for kittahs too. I suggest checking, but the stuff is pretty benign.
                            Originally Posted by ACMF74
                            i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

I guess I'm the weird cat guy. :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362377069.041546.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	7152302

Comment

Bella, telling me she does not approve of the brown triangles in her food. Time to switch it up.

1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Working...
                                X