No announcement yet.

R3v Wristwatch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that a Big Bang? I haven't seen registers like that on one before.
    2011 1M Alpine white/black
    1996 Civic white/black
    1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by ser1992 View Post
      Picked this up yesterday. Found a discontinued ref 3572.50 in LNIB condition for just over $3k. I'm loving it =)

Which model is this....specific model number?

Comment

its right in what you quoted

3572.50 Speed Master Pro with the Sapphire crystal and display back AKA the sapphire sandwich
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          its right in what you quoted

3572.50 Speed Master Pro with the Sapphire crystal and display back AKA the sapphire sandwich

lol....I thought that was the price!

Comment

Which would YOU get?

Seiko 5 Sports automatic (7s36 movement, 43mm case)
            or
            Citizen Eco-Drive (quartz movement, 43mm case)

They are both around the $150-200 price range and look nice. I already have a Seiko 5 w/ 7s26 and 37mm case (very plain) but these bigger watches with a decent bracelet are what I'm looking for.

Comment

^ these two specifically

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Seiko 5 Sports Dark Blue Men's Watch - SNZF15J1 at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                Which would YOU get?

Seiko 5 Sports automatic (7s36 movement, 43mm case)
                or
                Citizen Eco-Drive (quartz movement, 43mm case)

They are both around the $150-200 price range and look nice. I already have a Seiko 5 w/ 7s26 and 37mm case (very plain) but these bigger watches with a decent bracelet are what I'm looking for.
                Personally I'd get the Seiko. But I'm a little biased. I have a few Seiko mechanical watches and love them. Citizens are great too. I will say that if you are looking for an absolutely accurate watch, I would go with a quartz watch. 7s36s aren't the most accurate. Accuracy aside, I do prefer mechanical movements, but thats just my personal opinion.

If you want a fairly accurate Mechanical watch for cheap, I would recommend a 2nd Gen Seiko Monster. I got my 2nd gen Orange Monster on Amazon for $168. It is a great value. Love the bracelet.

Comment

^

Fairly sure the Monsters still have a 7s movement in them, As with all 7s (or any Seiko mechanical other than the Grands, really any non chronometer mechanical movement for that matter ) its luck of the draw, some will run +/- a few secs a month others will run +/- a couple of mins or more in a week. My 7s26 runs about +2-5 secs a day, my far more expensive and advanced 6r15c is about 5 mins slow a month
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

If you are looking for a bigger face watch I picked up at Casio Edifice 5276, by no means anything special but is the most accurate watch I have ever had though it is quartz watch and get compliments on it all the time.

sigpic

Comment

Just to reiterate ITT, Quartz will always be more accurate than a mechanical if its dead on accuracy you want get a quartz......... just remember they have no soul, Casio makes a great digital watch and a Ecco drive from citizen is hard to beat for maintenance free daily wear.

William Pitt-

Comment

Totally came here expecting a r3vlimited watch. Why hasn't this been done?
                        Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

I always liked this model. Big Bang steel, right? Is it a rep?

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
                          Just picked this up:

Comment

Originally posted by Threehz View Post
                            Totally came here expecting a r3vlimited watch. Why hasn't this been done?
                            Because making a new line of watches is really expensive and r3v is cheap as fuck (myself included).

Comment

Originally posted by robmpulse View Post
                              I always liked this model. Big Bang steel, right? Is it a rep?
                              Looks like it to me. The registers are incorrect - at least I've never seen them in that configuration.

In any event...rocking my Speedmaster today.

2011 1M Alpine white/black
                              1996 Civic white/black
                              1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
                                Looks like it to me. The registers are incorrect - at least I've never seen them in that configuration.

In any event...rocking my Speedmaster today.

Yeah it's a rep, gotta love having a dad who lives in China lol. But my uncle has a few real ones and the weight is spot on and materials. The only difference I've found is the registers.

Originally posted by blunttech
                                Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Working...
                                X