No announcement yet.

R3v Wristwatch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SKX007J came in the mail today. I have a super oyster II metal band on order for it also.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice Seiko ^

Here is my skx009 with a maroon bezel to change things up a bit..Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1412814095923.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	7170000
      1988 325i Vert
      1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

cant really go wrong with a SKX00X
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Don't wear this too often, but felt like throwing it on today (old pic):

2011 1M Alpine white/black
          1996 Civic white/black
          1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              ^

Fairly sure the Monsters still have a 7s movement in them, As with all 7s (or any Seiko mechanical other than the Grands, really any non chronometer mechanical movement for that matter ) its luck of the draw, some will run +/- a few secs a month others will run +/- a couple of mins or more in a week. My 7s26 runs about +2-5 secs a day, my far more expensive and advanced 6r15c is about 5 mins slow a month
              The first gen monster has a 7s movement, but the second gen have a 4r36 movement. It's pretty accurate.

I love my 2nd gen OM. It's a great value.

Comment

Never really like monsters so I was not aware they were putting 4r36's in them. That said the 4r36 is the economy version of the 6r15, both of which are re-engineered 7s26's with upgraded main springs, revised hairsprings, with hand winding and hacking capabilities added. While the 6r is much more advanced than the 7s there is a very common heritage...
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-17-2014, 09:49 AM.
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Ive got a bunch of Kenneth Cole watches my brother gave to me. He's a fancy pants dude. Im not. If anyone wants the lot of them, PM me.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

My modest little collection is growing.

Not pictured is an Invicta 8926 that I'm in the process of modding. Next on the list is a Seiko SARB017 Alpinist.

Picked up a 22mm rubber strap and notched it to fit the 18mm lugs.

Removed the bezel and lightly brushed it to take a way the polish and show a little bit of brass on the edges. Nato strap was an easy choice. Maybe I'll throw a mesh bracelet on it at some point to finish up the vintage diver look.

This one will be getting a Fifty Five Fathoms mod with sailcloth style strap. Very soon.

This is my first watch, had it for over 15 years now. Not bad for the $50 spent.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                      My modest little collection is growing.

Not pictured is an Invicta 8926 that I'm in the process of modding. Next on the list is a Seiko SARB017 Alpinist.

Picked up a 22mm rubber strap and notched it to fit the 18mm lugs.

Removed the bezel and lightly brushed it to take a way the polish and show a little bit of brass on the edges. Nato strap was an easy choice. Maybe I'll throw a mesh bracelet on it at some point to finish up the vintage diver look.

This one will be getting a Fifty Five Fathoms mod with sailcloth style strap. Very soon.

This is my first watch, had it for over 15 years now. Not bad for the $50 spent.
                      Let me know what you think of the SARB. It photographs really nicely but I feel like it would be weird in person.
                      "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

I really like the look of that Citizen - thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for another diver so I can pound on my Orient Mako.
                        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

There are lots of good looking SARB's the 17 is not one of them too me at least. Its a very good watch but just nothing I would ever wear, now a SARB065 "cocktail time" is another story ..... I love my SARG that I have had on almost every day since June which is the current incarnation of the SARB line the 6r15 is a wonderful movement ....

There are 2 more in the current SARG line that I would like to pick up at some point, the the 011 and 015

If your looking for a diver you really cant beat a sk007. The only citizen I would like to pick up right now is the IWC Miramar knock off

This is the latest thing I have been drooling over though, I am not sure about the price/investment into a somewhat unknown (at least too me) brand

Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-25-2014, 06:35 AM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            There are lots of good looking SARB's the 17 is not one of them too me at least. Its a very good watch but just nothing I would ever wear, now a SARB065 "cocktail time" is another story ..... I love my SARG that I have had on almost every day since June which is the current incarnation of the SARB line the 6r15 is a wonderful movement ....

There are 2 more in the current SARG line that I would like to pick up at some point, the the 011 and 015

If your looking for a diver you really cant beat a sk007. The only citizen I would like to pick up right now is the IWC Miramar knock off

This is the latest thing I have been drooling over though, I am not sure about the price/investment into a somewhat unknown (at least too me) brand

I was definitely thinking about the cocktail time when I wrote that.

Comment

I recently found my dads old seiko H558 -5009. Its in rough shape. Needs new crystal, bezel repaint, missing a screw on the side, basically needs a full restore. Anyone here who knows watches have a ball park on how much it would cost to restore?

I will post pics tonight.

Comment

My dad's Seiko A-029-5000. c.1978. Not as baller as y'alls but an early example of a digital watch.

Last edited by Rev Run D; 12-25-2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X