R3v Wristwatch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
    Just picked up this little gem. The damn thing looks like it was almost never worn. Serial number dates it to '83-'84. I like the matte dial and faded tritium. It came with the original bracelet with almost no stretch, but I like the more subdued look of the nylon strap.
    How much did that little gem cost ya ?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

FS NY: two Audiobahn A235HC amps and audiobahn 1farad capacitor
      Saab/GM tech2 programming
      My for sale thread
      1990 325iX for sale or part out
      Did you buy something from me? Please leave feedback!

Originally posted by K20RI_211
      And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
        How much did that little gem cost ya ?
        Well...a gentleman doesn't kiss and tell. Let's just say under $5K, by some margin.

sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

I am struggling and fighting the urge to buy a good GMT, I have been wanting a GMT for so long just other things are always taking precedence. Also am thinking about paring down to just having a collection of 3-5.

Since this thread has popped back to the top I am going ask "yall" what your opinion on these options would be. The GMT will take over as a daily and will be my primary watch for almost all occasions, I spend a lot of time outside and work in the field and with my hands. I have it narrowed in my head to 3 basic watches and curious as what you guys might go with in my position, trying to keep the budget at sub 3k and preferably closer to 2k. All these function like real GMT should where you have a local time (min hand) hour jump and the GMT hand tracks home time.

I love this styling and is a new watch form these guys so I have not seen them used for sale anywhere yet. Also Alpina is somewhat unknown in general to me, though is in the running. The black dial only comes on leather but at street price of 1.6k new leaves a lot of room in the budget to find a nice SS band

The alpina Alpine GMT4 base movement is Sellita SW200 with an Alpina in house GMT complication added The compass bearing bezel ring is kinda neat to me as it makes the Sun dial trick a little more precise if you were to ever need to use it lol I have been lusting over this since it hit the interweb last year.

Next is the Venerable Omega Aqua Terra GMT, has a great reputation for durability. But the current generation even used is at the very top of the budget + a little and would require lots of searching to get one close to it. I have always had one of these in the "someday list" since I 1st saw one so I might reach a little deeper into the bank account if the right opportunity were to come about, as it is one of very favorites of all. The current offerings from the Planet Ocean line are awesome as well but again more than likely not even close to budget. So not going to even consider one at this point.

Lastly is a couple of Grand Seiko GMT's and I have seen them sell for 3400 new and 2k used for one style, the style I really like is about 1k more new and I have seen sell for the top of my price range used. I love the fact they are "just a sekio" to most people that have no clue what they are actually looking at. Both employ the same movement and quality, But the lack of substantial lume on the dial and hands would be their main draw back

Less expensive model though the blue dial would be preferred

and the more expensive though the one I lean more toward again prefer the blue dial but black is fine as the blue is a limited edition.

Honorable mention is always popular Omega seamaster GMT though I dont care for the scalloping on the bezel and seem to nearly always be right at the top of the budget now adays

A rollie GMT master II is out, Like the Planet Ocean they are just way too much money both used and new from what I have been able to find . I think I would lean heavly to the GS or the Alpina as they dont carry the "reputation" of the omegas when dealing with people in general in my circles. As many of the people I come into contact with everyday think a good watch is the expensive timex and the casio was just too expensive for a watch.
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-07-2015, 08:09 PM.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Well...a gentleman doesn't kiss and tell. Let's just say under $5K, by some margin.

Agreed. Either way, nice, a watch I would love to wear religiously, and give to a kid should I have my own.

Comment

We don't want to kiss you, we just want you to tell :hitler:

Comment

What do you guys think about this? Personally I hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  I am struggling and fighting the urge to buy a good GMT, I have been wanting a GMT for so long just other things are always taking precedence. Also am thinking about paring down to just having a collection of 3-5.
                  Sleeve, go with a Grand Seiko if you can...I would have gone with a Tudor Sub vs. the Rolex if the prices hadn't gone bananas. I just couldn't pass up the 3035 movt. vs. the ETA 2824 (which is a GOOD movt) at what is now only a 30% price difference.

The Grand Seikos are unbelievable. The quality, durability, just amazing. Go GS. Eff all the Swatch/ETA market segment bullshit you're looking at there. The Seiko will take the abuse you'll throw at it. Yes, I've been drinking.
                  sigpic

Comment

p.s. - Apple watch licks balls. Not in a good way.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ummmm NO To the apple thing
                      Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-07-2015, 10:45 PM.
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

p.s. - Apple watch licks balls. Not in a good way.
                        Yeah, I get half off and I still don't plan on owning one.

Comment

Guaranteed not to vary more than 2 seconds over a million minutes...;)
                          Attached Files
                          Suspension tips here...
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1428519254965.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	7176147

Here's the V-Matic. I love this thing...
                            -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                            -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

my first serious watch,
                              Ticino 44mm pilot
                              sapphire crystal
                              c1 superluminova lume
                              miyota 9015 movment 28,800vpm very nice japanese movment

2nd watch was a surprise birthday present from my amazing women.
                              Citizen AT perpetual chrono AT4010-50e
                              titanium
                              42mm case
                              anti reflective sapphire crystal
                              Radio controlled (connects to the Denver atomic clock at 2am everyday)

3rd watch is my first swiss made. total opposite of the citizen completely old fashioned mechanical
                              Steinhart 47mm nav-b bronze pilot
                              Sapphire crystal, domed, with double anti-reflecting coatings on the interior side
                              Unitas 6497-1, Swiss made movement, (handwinding)
                              superluminova Bgw9 lume

My collection to date

lume shot

Last edited by T Verdier; 04-10-2015, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                                I make some really clean, hefty watch straps:
                                ~Nato
                                ~Classic 2pc
                                ~gauntlet/cuff style

:
                                im interested in a leather band for my citizen ill hit up your site.

Comment

Working...
                                X