Let's talk jeans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's talk jeans

Hello fellow r3vers, let's take a moment to talk about jeans. List what your favorite pair are and fitment. Would love to hear from raw selvedge owners. Brands etc
    I am currently moving from wearing A&F lowrise Baxters for the last 12 years. I have tried Levis in that time frame but it is hard to find a nice fitting jean with having ZERO butt and hips.

Grab some great, american made jeans!
    Shop American made menswear at wholesale prices. We make selvedge denim jeans, button downs and jackets using the highest quality fabrics available.

Here is my blue line 2 before:

My 6 month photos are used on their website ;D
    A dead-stock American icon that finishes even stronger than it starts. This is the last of a breed of American selvedge denim that likely will never return a...

Here they are after a year, one wash and a soak:

Last edited by F34R; 01-13-2015, 06:06 PM.
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

I like Banana republic straight leg, and vintage cut.
    sigpic

Comment

I wear their Emersion Chinos and have a few suits from them. I have not tried their jeans...should have when I was there last.

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I want a pair of these but have never pulled the trigger.

Roy Slaper's denim related products

I've got a few pair of Naked & Famous which I really like, although I think I'll need to go with a different cut soon as the legs are starting to get too tight.

Rare and Raw Japanese Denim. Proudly Made in Canada. We devote all of our resources to sourcing the world’s best fabric and turning it into awesome jeans. No advertising, no washes, no pre-distressing, no nonsense. Just excellent denim at a reasonable price.

Comment

get that selvedge cuffed then peacock strut

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
          DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

What's your budget? I've been meaning to get a pair from here: http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/

Which is actually run by the same people as the 'unbranded' brand, although I've heard the quality is a little better. Your call.

Comment

Levi 514 slim straight=Done.
              I ve wasted tons of money on "designer" jeans b&r a&f diesal z brand etc. i cant tell you how many pairs of those other brands ive bought and while they are great for a few months. They always wear out and lose their fit.
              I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

Comment

I'd go with Levi's 511's, they are now called slim fit but they are formally known as skinny fit.
                http://idelrosario.tumblr.com

Comment

I usually just buy whatever fits best, which happens to mostly be Levi brand. I don't like spending a whole lot of money on jeans so sometimes I'll hit up Goodwill or likewise for some $5 pants and I'll have them tailored. I have dat ass for whatever reason, so it's tough to find pants that fit well right off the rack.

Anyone else on here think we should have some sort of clothing thread? *flame suit on*
                  -Alex

Comment

shit I've got dat ass too bro. I share your pain

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                      Anyone else on here think we should have some sort of clothing thread? *flame suit on*

In for pics of alex's ass.
                      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Calvin Klein straight, or Express Photographer cut, shapes them curves.
                        Originally Posted by Exodus
                        He also kept asking why someone local didn't just go to the guys house and break his kneecaps, as they would do in Romania. He couldn't understand how us Americans are so laid back about shit like this.

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                          I usually just buy whatever fits best, which happens to mostly be Levi brand. I don't like spending a whole lot of money on jeans so sometimes I'll hit up Goodwill or likewise for some $5 pants and I'll have them tailored. I have dat ass for whatever reason, so it's tough to find pants that fit well right off the rack.
                          I am not against a goodwill or salvation army at all. Clothes are clothes to me, it is just the area I live in is very poor. Binghamton has been going belly up since IBM pulled up roots and most of every major corp has died off.

The pickings are NOTHING like what I found in FL, they have such amazing expensive clothes for next to nothing. You can pick up over 2k in clothes and drop maybe 100.00 total! I found a pair of Alden wing tips in a size 12 there too. I was so upset...so close yet so far away.

Originally posted by AlexHale View Post
                          Calvin Klein straight, or Express Photographer cut, shapes them curves.
                          We have an express here, I never tried on their jeans before.

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                            In for pics of alex's ass.
                            Hahaha, I think I've shown my ass enough on this forum
                            -Alex

Comment

Mr. F34R, my first suggestion is to get the best fitting jeans you currently own, and measure them for waist size (flat), inseam, front rise, and back rise. Each of these measurements go a long way in determining fit. Better jeans will definitely specify these measurements, if not on the manufacturers' website, definitely on a resellers'. Please post pictures of yourself wearing said jeans. It's more than likely they are too baggy. See: e28.slammin. He wears what appears to be a mix of JNCO and mom jeans.

If your inseam is around 32 - 34", then you can run them with a cuff or no cuff. Any more than that and it will look weird to cuff. I prefer denim to be properly hemmed.

With raw selvedge, determine if they are sanforized or not. It will map out how you treat them from the day you buy them. Naked and Famous are sanforized and will not shrink too much. If you can get away with wearing them cuffed until they break in a bit, then do it. They will shrink more in length than width. If they are unsanforized, definitely soak them before wearing and especially before tailoring them.

There are many procedures on the internet for soaking, but be forewarned--many procedures are simply overly complicated and make denim to look more complicated and esoteric than it really is. Jeans are jeans. Denim dyed with indigo will fade, but as long as you run them in a cold gentle cycle they won't lose much dye not be worse for the wear. Cheaper denim will fade a lot quicker.
                              -OVULATOR (as named by jflip2002)

Past Cars: Schwarz 1990 325i-2 (crashed), Calypsorot 1991 325i-2 Sport (rear ended)
                              Now: Blake-stitched mediocrity :(

Comment

Working...
                              X