Taking a sick day- wat do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    I don't get sick days, but I have so much vacay to burn my boss told me to take time off.

I hate doing it though because my parts room gets fucked up and I come back to a disaster zone.

Buuuut fuck it. I'm taking some time off to work on my e30 and spend some time with my new little girl.
    Right on man! Congrats on the little girl too, don;t think I said that before. I took off all next week. Wife and I are leaving tomorrow night and headed up into the Rockies. chill for a few days and come back Wednesday. then 2-3 days to work on the e30.
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
      Go to spryfield and catch the herps
      Lulz

Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

And +1 for The Wire.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
          Right on man! Congrats on the little girl too, don;t think I said that before. I took off all next week. Wife and I are leaving tomorrow night and headed up into the Rockies. chill for a few days and come back Wednesday. then 2-3 days to work on the e30.
          Thanks man! Kept it kind of low key, lol.

Rockies are beautiful! I can't wait to make it back out there.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
            And +1 for The Wire.
            Every time I see one of your posts I feel like I'm back in the computer lab we had at my hick ass elementary school where everything was in black and white. And ran off of floppy drives.
            For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
            Originally posted by mbonanni
            I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
              Right on. Not sure if that was just a CSB, or if you were trying to seem impressive with how important you are. I know you make great money, I pull maybe 30K gross and I work in the parts dept. of a Subaru dealership. That's probably why I can take a day off when I'm ill and you are expected not to.
              It has little to do with my compensation or that I am really that important in the grand scope of things, its more the function my job serves, I can be replaced tomorrow for almost any reason. Its more that if I/we dont show up, everyone else on the job has to work that much harder to pick up the slack. things have to wait till someone can get to where I am supposed to be (assuming there is more than one crew in our trade on the job in the 1st place). Holding up a contractor crew costing 5-8k an hour in down time, sometimes in some situations as much as 15k or more an hour, just sitting twiddling their thumbs because I didnt feel that good that day.

I and you have been hired to do a job, and taking a day off with out notice for something outside of major family emergencies or severe illness is kinda disrespectful to those you work with and for. But hey that's my overly responsible, and guilty conscious prone personality coming out for you.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
              X