No announcement yet.

IT RUNS! Heat Press - build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made some progress lately. The hoses are hooked up. Pressure works. All the rams work. Made a dash for all of the switches/controllers as well. Here's some pics

Comment

Wow, this is so cool! What does it cost to get a print done like this? Would love to have a couple done!!
      Originally posted by LJ851
      kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
      ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
      #teamross
      Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post
        Wow, this is so cool! What does it cost to get a print done like this? Would love to have a couple done!!
        It's somewhat expensive, the material we print on is very high quality. I'll send you a PM :)

Comment

Wow - nice controllers. So I guess you go through a pre-heat, and ramp up, and a sealing heat. One for each? I love that e-stop button!
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
            Wow - nice controllers. So I guess you go through a pre-heat, and ramp up, and a sealing heat. One for each? I love that e-stop button!
            Thanks GG.

There are 3 heat controllers on there and 1 timer. The three on the left are: "left heat" "center heat and "right heat". Each controller has some cool features built into it that do basically what you're saying. But there are three because the entire aluminum plate needs to be the same temp and if you only have 1 sensor, the middle is going to end up being hotter than the ends, or vice versa depending on where you put the sensor.

Comment

School started for me so I haven't had as much time to work on this. I do have a bit of progress however. I mounted the heating elements and the C channel aluminum that will hold the insulation.

Comment

Just a couple updates. I got the press inside finally. All of the air hoses are hooked up. We got the 220 wired in closer so we don't have to run long extension cords. Electrical is hooked up. Gauges work, heating elements work, air works, etc. It's all ready to go, just gotta finish up a few things :)

This is how the 1" aluminum heating plate is held on. It can't be just bolted because of the heat -- expansion and what not. So they are all spring loaded.

MDF on the bottom which will be pushing up the 3/8" aluminum sliding table.

Comment

fucking nuts. amazing work

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                    fucking nuts. amazing work
                    Thanks man :p

Comment

Updates. I got the press done, finally. It works! :) There are a few bugs that I still need to work out, but for the most part it's ready to go!

Here's the sliding table

And a video: (BTW, it shouldn't be running with that BUZZING sound, we got a faulty unit which will have to be replaced)

Comment

Wow, those fabrication pictures make me really wish I had somewhere to practice/learn welding...
                        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

This is Sick I wanna see some of the stuff you make it looks cool.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                            Wow, those fabrication pictures make me really wish I had somewhere to practice/learn welding...
                            Go buy a welder! Practice and practice. I'm all self taught (and youtube). MIG is pretty easy to wire

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                            This is Sick I wanna see some of the stuff you make it looks cool.
                            Thanks man. I'll post up some pics of the stuff we've been making lately.

Comment

This picture made me so horny

Comment

Working...
                              X