Who has a pit? (Dog)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    Originally posted by ParsedOut
    I was just speaking in general, Shelties are usually pretty cool dogs.

    Big shelties do tend to be more lax though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • ParsedOut
    replied
    Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
    all the shelties I've been around have been fairly large for the breed, my currant one is about the size of a female german shepard, 22inchs at front shoulders (withers?)
    I was just speaking in general, Shelties are usually pretty cool dogs.

    Leave a comment:


  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    Originally posted by ParsedOut
    Small dogs are generally assholes. Big dogs usually take a bit more coaxing to become aggressive. This is just my over simplified experience.
    all the shelties I've been around have been fairly large for the breed, my currant one is about the size of a female german shepard, 22inchs at front shoulders (withers?)

    Leave a comment:


  • ParsedOut
    replied
    Small dogs are generally assholes. Big dogs usually take a bit more coaxing to become aggressive. This is just my over simplified experience.

    Leave a comment:


  • dreamchasin
    replied
    Originally posted by ethirtydavid
    So, no christmas parties at your house then ..
    All 3 are dead.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    Originally posted by dreamchasin
    I had 3 shelties. One when I was a baby baby and it would not let anyone near me. Rocked my crib if I cried, was basically a parent to me. Of course it's what my mom has told me. However I do remember one distinct time a friend of my mom tried picking me up and shelby (the first sheltie) ran over and put 2 holes in his forearm.

    The 2nd sheltie was spotty. My mother's baby. Bit anyone who picked him up or got close to my mom, besides me of course.

    3rd sheltie was emily. She was my baby. She has an excuse, she was literally mentally rerarded. She had seizures nearly every day and bit anyone who walked in the door except me, my mom, neighbor john.


    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    That's the first time if ever heard of anyone been attacked by a sheltie, mine the ones I've been arround have always been protective but never violent, mine you pick up and he gives you a slightly annoyed look



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • ethirtydavid
    replied
    So, no christmas parties at your house then ..

    Leave a comment:


  • dreamchasin
    replied
    Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken



    I'm amazed at how high the stats are for shetland sheep dogs, I've been around them ,since i was a baby and i have one now and they have never been anything but sweethearts. Most huskys and pit bulls I've meet have also been very sweet. but maybe thats because their owners were doing their jobs
    I had 3 shelties. One when I was a baby baby and it would not let anyone near me. Rocked my crib if I cried, was basically a parent to me. Of course it's what my mom has told me. However I do remember one distinct time a friend of my mom tried picking me up and shelby (the first sheltie) ran over and put 2 holes in his forearm.

    The 2nd sheltie was spotty. My mother's baby. Bit anyone who picked him up or got close to my mom, besides me of course.

    3rd sheltie was emily. She was my baby. She has an excuse, she was literally mentally rerarded. She had seizures nearly every day and bit anyone who walked in the door except me, my mom, neighbor john.


    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied



    I'm amazed at how high the stats are for shetland sheep dogs, I've been around them ,since i was a baby and i have one now and they have never been anything but sweethearts. Most huskys and pit bulls I've meet have also been very sweet. but maybe thats because their owners were doing their jobs

    Leave a comment:


  • fresh_TD
    replied
    We just took a selfie:-)



    Sent from my GS4 Active

    Leave a comment:


  • Fusion
    replied
    Those graphs are correct compared to my personal experience.
    My dad got a huge bite on his hand from a weiner dog (probably the only dog that ever bit him) and a friend of mine has a chihuahua that is the worst asshole dog in the world. Anyone other than the owner that comes near it gets barked at and attacked. If he was big enough, that satanic mofo would tear your stomach apart. His only fur is a mohawk and he has some skin problem and can't spend any time in the sun.
    Not saying they all are like that, but lots of small dogs are aggressive and pissed off 99% of their lives.

    Leave a comment:


  • dreamchasin
    replied
    Another picture of my little girl.



    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    My sister had one a couple of years ago. She was a super sweetheart, I wish she was still around.

    She has another one now, he's a good pup but I don't feel the same affection toward him for some reason. Probably because her piece of shit boyfriend is the one who got him.

    Titus (the male):


    Trying to find a picture of Hooligan.

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    Don't have one personally, but I helped a buddy watch his sisters Blue Pit and Akita(both rescue) dogs for two weeks. I absolutely loved the pit, his name was Kratos, and was one of the nicest and most playful dogs I've met. Albeit, he didn't seem to realize he was about 100lbs of pure muscle, but I still wish I could have taken him as my own haha.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan...
    replied
    My 13 year old pit mix, also rescued from a shelter. She came in with 4-5 other pits that were simply too aggressive and damaged to be saved. Mine took a lot of work to get her where she is today, and I couldn't have asked for a better dog.





    Leave a comment:

Working...