No announcement yet.

"coin" debit/credit/gift card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think I want all my financials that are not cash in pocket all tied to one device, seems like a really easy way for something bad to happen
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

There's no better security than daily limits. My bank offers unlimited free limit changes. So for my internet payment card or regular debit card payment, I set a low limit. If I want to make a larger PayPal payment, I change the limit (takes two minutes) and then lower it again.

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
        This is dumb. If you can't keep track or manage a wallet with credit cards, you shouldn't be allowed out of the house.
        I'm sure you can appreciate the nicety of having to only carry 1 card- it replaces business CC's, personal CC's, etc. I really hate having things in my pockets, so the less "stuff" in my wallet the better. I've never left a card behind, be it at a bar, restaurant, etc... so the security measure is really just a side benefit.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        what happens when your in a out of service area for your phone and need to make a purchase. I am assuming the phone needs to be connected to the internet to make this all happen right
        No, it acts as a normal card, magnetized/electronic strip on the back. Being connected to your phone is by a low-level bluetooth connection, more as a security measure.
        Below the radar...

Comment

It's seems great but they need to develop it more.... The whole battery life thing sucks ass.

I'm sure visa or some other big name will make there own version.

Comment

No chip card compatibility? What is this, the nineties?

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
            RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
              It's seems great but they need to develop it more.... The whole battery life thing sucks ass.
              Do you actually swipe your car 20x a day??
              Thats what the 2 year "lifespan" is based off of.

If you don't use your card that much, I suspect that it will last much longer than their projections.
              Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                Do you actually swipe your car 20x a day??

Thats what the 2 year "lifespan" is based off of.

If you don't use your card that much, I suspect that it will last much longer than their projections.

That's a good point. I use my card maybe a max of 3 times a day, and sometimes not once in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by AdironRider View Post
                  There was a good article somewhere recently that focused on the overlying problem with technology startups. 99% are creating solutions for problems that don't exist.

This seems like the best example.
                  I read a similar one. Best summary ever of Web Bubble 2.0, or at least the tech-hipster culture that has infected much of the Bay Area. Might have been in The New Yorker.

"And then I realized that most of these start-ups were working on solving the problem of being 20-something with disposable income."

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                    I'm sure you can appreciate the nicety of having to only carry 1 card- it replaces business CC's, personal CC's, etc. I really hate having things in my pockets, so the less "stuff" in my wallet the better.
                    Even so, I wouldn't rely on an item like this, so I would carry my regular cards just in case. I can't imagine having a customer pay for my lunch if my new fangled device breaks.
                    Yours truly,
                    Rich
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Rigmaster
                    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Working...
                    X