To anyone looking for a action sports cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked one of these up last time they had a sale and I'm pleased. It came with all the mounts, a remote, and an underwater case for a fraction of the price that a gopro would cost. Anyways, thought I would share.
    Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
    LSx e36TI coming soon
    Originally posted by s0urce
    Man, she'd be so easy to rape

damn. that is cheap. i have been looking at gopro's and a drone. have you played with a hero to compare the two?
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I've been using a Veho Muvi action cam.

It's a UK\European company

IMO, better quality when compared to go-pro, has playback directly on the cam offers same mountability option as go-pro, has mini remote, and is less expensive.

check em out
      The page you are looking for may have moved. Our new DOWNLOADS SECTION can be found here.
      Originally posted by flyboyx
      i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        damn. that is cheap. i have been looking at gopro's and a drone. have you played with a hero to compare the two?
        No, I haven't really messed with a gopro. I could never justify the price in my budget.

here are some pics I took at work while I was replacing a bulb for a 3D projector and one of my car just because e30.
        LSx e36TI coming soon

Comment

I got excited, then looked up some videos on youtube that were taken with this camera. The sound is horrible when used in/on a car, and the video is very jumpy and... mushy (not sure how else to describe it, it warps when the camera moves). You'd probably be better off with a used first gen gopro.

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
          I've been using a Veho Muvi action cam.

It's a UK\European company

IMO, better quality when compared to go-pro, has playback directly on the cam offers same mountability option as go-pro, has mini remote, and is less expensive.

check em out
          http://www.veho-uk.com/main/shop.asp...gory=camcorder
          What is the specific camera model you have?
          85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
          e30 restoration and V8 swap
          24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
            What is the specific camera model you have?

I have the npng model.
            My only gripe is sometimes the sound can be a little "tin" like.

I had a gopro black edition but lost it.
            Replaced it with the Muvi.
            The go pro had a touch more if a crisper image..however the color/vividness on the muvi was superior when in 1080p setting.

For the $125 savings, I'd buy muvi any day over go pro again.
            Here's a very accurate and complete review of the exact one I'm using
            Last edited by Mr. Burns; 01-16-2014, 05:26 AM.
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

I got excited, then looked up some videos on youtube that were taken with this camera. The sound is horrible when used in/on a car, and the video is very jumpy and... mushy (not sure how else to describe it, it warps when the camera moves). You'd probably be better off with a used first gen gopro.

When the cam is inside the waterproof case, yea the sound is muffled(makes sense to me).

I'll record some HD vid on my car ride home today and upload it. It is a fish eye lens so that would explain the "warp" look.
              LSx e36TI coming soon

Comment

I agree I checked out some video tests and it kept me from hitting the buy button.

Comment

Originally posted by 325_e30 View Post
                  When the cam is inside the waterproof case, yea the sound is muffled(makes sense to me).

I'll record some HD vid on my car ride home today and upload it. It is a fish eye lens so that would explain the "warp" look.

I wasn't referring to the fish eye lens, I was referring to how the picture warps/distorts when the camera is moved fast. My cheap Aiptek camera did the same thing.

This camera would probably be great for some activities, but from the samples I've seen, it's not good for capturing quality video/audio during a spirited drive or on the track.
                  85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                  e30 restoration and V8 swap
                  24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

So whats a good camera for the track? I have the first generation gopro right now

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
                    I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                    2875-C Towerview Road
                    Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

I wasn't referring to the fish eye lens, I was referring to how the picture warps/distorts when the camera is moved fast. My cheap Aiptek camera did the same thing.

This camera would probably be great for some activities, but from the samples I've seen, it's not good for capturing quality video/audio during a spirited drive or on the track.
                      This is due to a slow frame rate while recording. It's called the "jell-o effect," and the only two ways to alleviate it are to increase frame rate or reduce vibration/speed. Obviously, you can slightly reduce vibration on track but aren't looking to reduce speed. If the camera has adjustable frame rates, 60fps is usually enough to eliminate it while recording.
                      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
                      X