Kalifornia, WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kalifornia, WTF?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I think most of you kids would be going to jail.

-Charlie
    Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
    '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
    FYYFF

Its seriously illegal to have adjustable timing?

I wouldnt make it 30 feet into that state.
    Im now E30less.
    sigpic

Comment

Definately pretty lame, especially how they think any modified car is modified for street racing.

I've been coplimented on my car by cops who have pulled me over, FLA doesn't give a shit what you do to your car (as with almost all other states).

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I had one backcountry trooper try and give me shit once after pulling me over for going 2 over once but otherwise Kansas doesnt pay attention.
        Im now E30less.
        sigpic

Comment

What did he try to hassle you about?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
            What did he try to hassle you about?
            His pink triangle.

-Charlie
            Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
            '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
            FYYFF

Comment

It all depends on the city and the cop. LA, ok. Downey, no way.

You can get away with A LOT out here.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                Definately pretty lame, especially how they think any modified car is modified for street racing.

I've been coplimented on my car by cops who have pulled me over, FLA doesn't give a shit what you do to your car (as with almost all other states).
                My friend was pulled over the same night he had his coilovers installed (and we put the springs on full dump.

He asked him where he was going and here's the story:

cop: "Where you heading this late?"
                friend: "Just going home."
                cop: "where were you coming from?"
                friend: "A friend's house."
                cop: "what were you doing at your friend's home?"
                friend: "lowering my car"
                cop: "ehhh, your ride height is still legal. what offset are those wheels, and who makes them?
                friend: "why, they're work equip 01s, 0 offset, 15x8!"
                cop: "holy cow what kind of tires do you have stretched on them?"
                friend: "ha yeah they're a hard to find size, 195/45-15" Toyo T1-R"

End note: some california cops are a-ok!
                R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Tint, exhaust, taillights, headlights... There was one more thing on the list but I cant remember. He ended up giving me a warning (probably because it would be hard to enforce a 2 over ticket). I still have the warning, he only wrote the 72 in a 70 and the tint.

I remember telling him he missed the sidemarkers. He was primarily just harassing me, doing everything slowly and methodically.
                  Im now E30less.
                  sigpic

Comment

And to add:

I've never been bothered about my missing front plate except for when I got the 125 in 65 ticket.

Or my stupid colored city lights, or my ride height. (knock on wood!)
                    R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

All I have to say is...

...it's time to California to break off into the Pacific.. LOL

And, I found that quite funny. I almost thought it was a joke.

Adjustable timing! OMFGBBQ!!!!!!
                      - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                        Its seriously illegal to have adjustable timing?

I wouldnt make it 30 feet into that state.
                        And an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I thought it was funny how the "street racer" in the video was like 40 something...

My fast says: traction control is for the faint of heart :evil:

Comment

If they make some sort of 'modified car' law, it will most likely be used to pull over civics and integras. Modded E30s cruise under the cop radar (even with a roll bar and fixed shell)
                          San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Ha! I roll without a front plate all the time. Been pulled over a few times as well. Only thing I do is I scatched the shit out of my front plate rubbing it on the driveway and keep it in the car somewhere. Then when the cop asks about it, I produce the plate all banged up, and confidently tell him it fell off. Has worked twice so far for me.

I was also stopped after I first bought my car in NY. A cop even broke out a tape measure and said that his bumper was 6" higher than mine. He gives me all this crap then just tells me to get out of there. No warning anything. It had to be the weirdest stop of my life.
                            Back to my roots

Comment

That is so retarded. Under arrest for failure to open the hood. LOL. An officer determines what is legal and illegal? Not legal for what, driving on the street? 99% of the stuff is 50 state legal I would think.

I only remember seeing a cop saying a car was illegal was when it was at a street race and the kid was fuked anyways. It really wasn't safe, stickers werent obstructing his view, it was more of gasoline is leaking into the cabin.

/rant
                              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X