Photo gurus.... need advice in a digi camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo gurus.... need advice in a digi camera

So my old faithful took a dump on me. Its been wtih me for 3 years now. Canon A60. Nothing special and I used it as such. 2.0, 1.5" screen yada yada. Its been through 2 rotations at Grafenwohr, 2 rotations at Hohenfels and a year long deployment to Iraq so I'm not complaining. For 140 bux.... can't be beat. But now the screen won't come on half the time and most of the time the pictures that it does take end up not saving or not turning out. So..... I've got about 300ish to spend on a camera. Lil more lil less depending. I'm looking at the Casio line cause of the MONSTEROUS screens on em. Thats about all I want out of a camera. Something that takes pictures fast, fast turn on and a big screen. I'm not an avid photographer by any means. So.... any suggestions?

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II

or the cheaper Nikon D2X

no seriously any $200 camera at the local BX/PX will do.

Comment

I just got a Nikon L1 for under 300.00 it has a HUGE screen (2.5) and takes great pictures. recycle time is not fast but not slow. If you get it, get rechargable batteries. It eats them up.

The one I have is black, the silver were the best pictures I could find.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

For consumer point and shoots you really can't go wrong with Sony and Nikon. I'd stay away from Casio.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Only reason I was looking at Casio was because there was a salesman in the PX the other day and he showed me the Exlim line. Looked pirdy slick. SOOPER fast turn on, point and shoot in like a second.

Now that I've looked at the ones above, I can't get any of them on my post or on aafes.com. *LOL* So.... Yeah Nikon S3 S4 and S5's are available to me. Canon SD550 A620 SD80 are also available. All reasonably priced.

Comment

Nikon! go with Nikon.

Comment

The G\F's mom just got the cannon 620. Its relly easy to use and is has a good size screen. Also is nearly idiot proof (thats why she got it)
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by E30-330i
                Nikon! go with Nikon.
                You are biased :)

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                X