12 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 years

April 5th, 12 years for those of us old enough to have actually been into it before he died.

RIP
    Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
    '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
    FYYFF

I was around, 8th grade. Didnt give a shit. Laughed at kids being all emo about it.
    Im now E30less.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
      I was around, 8th grade. Didnt give a shit. Laughed at kids being all emo about it.
      Just a couple years younger here, but same sentiment.

Comment

Meh, the only thing that sucks about the whole situation, is that he didn't blow his brains out before he made all that shitty music. I remember all the "Alternative" kids crying like little pansies. Whoopty doo!

Now, when ol' Blue Eyes died in May of 98', THAT was a real loss to the music world.

Comment

Sad day indeed. Even sadder, Layne Staley is coming up.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
          Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
          Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

i dont remember it. I wasn't into them much at that point in my life.

Comment

I remember that day pretty well, Tabitha Soren was reporting about it on MTV news.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                Emo didn't exist. Grunge ruled the world.

First album I ever bought was Nevermind and I bought it with 2 weeks worth of allowance less than a month before he died. I'm still a big fan of their stuff to this day.

OT: Anyone see the new RHCP video where the band members are going through the eras of music, and Anthony Kiedis is all Cobain-ed out? Pretty funny.

Comment

One of the saddest days of my life, to be sure. I was 14, they were everything to me. My mom told me when I got home from school, and I about lost it. I can't believe it's been 12 fucking years. Nirvana is ne of those bands that I'll go to my grave regretting that I never got to see them live, and at one point, I had the chance to.

My wife and I own every album, and she's got 3 of them on limited edition numbered UK vinyl, never opened. I bought them for her for her birthday.

Thanks for the video, Charlie.
                  Last edited by Jand3rson; 04-04-2006, 10:13 PM.

Comment

That was back when being emo was just called being sad

"One of my top five favorite, like, cool...nerd cars"

'89 325i-sold
                    '98 528i

Comment

Originally posted by Purdue89E30
                      That was back when being emo was just called being sad
                      Yeah, ok.

Originally posted by Skafrog
                      Sad day indeed. Even sadder, Layne Staley is coming up.
                      That's another one that had me bummed out for pretty much the whole day. I've got their entire discography, as well.

Comment

Meh. Shoulda shot his fucking gutter slut drug whore of a wife first.
                        Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Good post Charlie.....I've been listening to my Nevermind and Bleach CDs this evening as a tribute. Hard to believe a dozen years have passed. Makes you wonder where he may have been today if he didn't end it all so soon.

RIP Kurt Cobain & Nirvana

Jon
                          Rides...
                          1991 325i - sold :(
                          2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Yeah, RIP kurt. My favorite lyrcirsit of all time. you know there was a gathering at the location of his suicide. happens every year. I am sad i was to young to see them live. would have been mind-blowing.

Has anyone else read the book of his journals? He was a fucking genious. damn shame...

Comment

Fuck Courtney.
                              Points to you Charlie for posting this. Truce?

Comment

Working...
                              X