Abandoned Places thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abandoned Places thread

Well, I was looking at some abandoned places over the weekend and I realized how many people on her enjoy abandon places. Sammin and I have talked about many abandoned places in the "this is pictures thread" and I figured that it's a big enough topic that it merits it's own thread.

I intend this to be a photo, exploration, and knowledge sharing thread about abandoned places from where you live, and around the world. If possible when sharing please include the location and name.

Ciudad Real Central Airport, Spain.

Build in the late 2000's it cost over 1 billion dollars. They expected tens of millions of people but only every had a few thousand people through. It was shut down in 2011.

Ciudad Valdeluz. Abandoned development in Spain.

PAU de Vallecas or Urban Action Plan of Vallecas outside of Madrid, Spain. People live here but it's at half or less utilization.

Rolling Acres Mall in Akron, Ohio.

hell to the yes

i love urban exploring, that mall in Akron is killer!

Comment

Everyone in Akron is killer

Comment

I'm gonna have to out and get pictures. This entire area is peppered with abandoned buildings from the copper mining times.

Example. C&H Dredge 1 (Not my pictures, will get my own though.)

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Check out Detroit's Old central station....... It was built in 1913. Shut down in the 70's then in the late 80's a group of investors tried to revitalize it into a center of trade for the midwest. But before it got off the ground the city saw some money there and tried to raise the taxes on the complex so the investment group abandoned the project, It was set to be taken down not long ago, but was delayed do to protests

Detroit has lots of abandon shit, like most of the Belle Isle Zoo, the old mental hospital, the hudson plant, the now taken down Pontiac or was it Cadillac hotel. The Public school book where house, I can contine

I will see if I can find some of the old abandon homesteads shots I have from around here
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            The Public school book warehouse
            That place is soooooo depressing.

Comment

I assume you mean detorit in general right
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

I assume you mean detorit in general right
                Both.

Comment

Check out Detroit's Old central station....... It was built in 1913. Shut down in the 70's then in the late 80's a group of investors tried to revitalize it into a center of trade for the midwest. But before it got off the ground the city saw some money there and tried to raise the taxes on the complex so the investment group abandoned the project, It was set to be taken down not long ago, but was delayed do to protests

Detroit has lots of abandon shit, like most of the Belle Isle Zoo, the old mental hospital, the hudson plant, the now taken down Pontiac or was it Cadillac hotel. The Public school book where house, I can continue

I will see if I can find some of the old abandon homesteads shots I have from around here
                  I've read that Detroit is like this. Lots of abandoned stuff. I'd love to visit and take some photos.

The zoo is interesting to me. That's the kind of place I like to go.

Comment

the zoo is mehhhh, there is a small part of that has been reopened with MI local Fauna on display for the city dwellers. its the old mental hospital that I think got mostly torn down a few years back that is FUCKING creepy as hell

Belle Isle Zoo

good website
                    A study of several historically significant abandoned buildings in Detroit Michigan including historical material and recent interior and exterior photographs.

Detroit used to be a Beautifully vibrant city full of all the things that make a great city great. My Grand parents fled the city in the early 40's though they still talk about how great the water front used to be and how safe a place was to live then, though by the late 40's there was some early writing on the walls. It was not until the roits of 67 that it got the reputation it has today. I am not going to get into the more controversial reasons for the cities decline. Its sad to see, though it seems there is a bit of a hipster revolution near America park and ford field trying to gain a foot hold, form something I read a few months ago. As much as I hate hipsters anything in a positive direction is good to see for detroit.
                    Last edited by mrsleeve; 05-11-2014, 04:06 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Didn't they film a Top Gear episode at the abandoned airport?
                      2011 1M Alpine white/black
                      1996 Civic white/black
                      1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

fuck yes
                        subd to this thread, hopefully theres more people who chip in the pics
                        Originally posted by dvck
                        I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

^Yeah, and they filmed at the neighborhood too.

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
                            Didn't they film a Top Gear episode at the abandoned airport?
                            Yup, that was it.

Abandoned stuff like this is crazy to me as I grew up in a tourist town where every square inch of property is worth a ton, so nothing ever just sits. Having an entire building just not be used is so foreign to me. I see these places and think about all the cool stuff I could use the space for.

Comment

That place is Spain reminds me of those Ghost cities in China.

Comment

Working...
                              X