Abandoned Places thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
    anyone know of anything in Cali or Oregon? Both ghost towns or abandoned buildings? I'm heading to California this weekend and would love to go exploring.
    Lime oregon is interesting, but it's almost to Idaho on the east side of the state.

If i also recall correctly there is a hot springs out side or portland up the Colombia river that is abandoned and pretty cool.

Comment

I forgot all about this thread over on POTN there is lots of great abandon shit shots in here from all over the world

Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Awesome
        2011 1M Alpine white/black
        1996 Civic white/black
        1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

fuck yes.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
          Originally posted by slammin.e28
          Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by ButtJuice View Post
            My sex life is an abandoned place.

Comment

Went out the other day, and this morning. Got into an abandoned Air Force radar station up here, and was promptly busted (Everything went better than expected! I wasn't going inside buildings, and not vandalizing, so they pretty much just said to GTFO). The pictures didn't turn out though. The fog was just too thick.

But, here's a couple places around here.

^^^ Click this photo. It's freaking huge^^^

Last edited by TurboJake; 05-20-2014, 10:32 AM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I love this topic and these photos. That Spanish airport is wild!
                S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Do they still have people there keeping watch over it? It looks way cool.

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                  Went out the other day, and this morning. Got into an abandoned Air Force radar station up here, and was promptly busted (Everything went better than expected! I wasn't going inside buildings, and not vandalizing, so they pretty much just said to GTFO). The pictures didn't turn out though. The fog was just too thick.

But, here's a couple places around here.

^^^ Click this photo. It's freaking huge^^^

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                    Do they still have people there keeping watch over it? It looks way cool.
                    There is an "abandoned" missile silo site not 3 miles from my parents house here in Nebraska. I first heard about it back in high school when I worked for the USDA doing field surveying. We walked a field right next to it, apparently it had been shut down for years, but it had 12' barbwire fence, buildings were clean and the lawn was mowed. A few months after that a couple buddies and I got adventurous. We drove down the main road but the gate was all locked up so I took them out back in the field behind it where I first saw it. We weren't halfway up the fence when a few lights at one of the buildings turned on.

I decided I didn't want to see the inside of the "abandoned" site that bad....

The Abandoned Missile Site.....
                    Last edited by IronFreak; 05-21-2014, 11:47 AM.
                    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                      There is an "abandoned" missile silo site not 3 miles from my parents house here in Nebraska. I first heard about it back in high school when I worked for the USDA doing field surveying. We walked a field right next to it, apparently it had been shut down for years, but it had 12' barbwire fence, buildings were clean and the lawn was mowed. A few months after that a couple buddies and I got adventurous. We drove down the main road but the gate was all locked up so I took them out back in the field behind it where I first saw it. We weren't halfway up the fence when a few lights at one of the buildings turned on.

I decided I didn't want to see the inside of the "abandoned" site that bad....
                      Damn. That's pretty crazy. That's the kind of shit that really gets me going. A mowed lawn is kinda a give away. Were there any vehicles at the building?

Comment

I couldn't really tell. no lights were on until we started messing around at the fence. and in the map you can see they have these huge berms built up around the buildings so you can only see the roof of most of them from ground level.

I'll bet anything its still active....

Notice how none of the silos are visible from the photos.....

If I get some free time this summer I'll venture back out there during the day and see if I can get some shots. There are Silo locations all over our state. My parents county alone has 7 recorded locations.
                        sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
                          anyone know of anything in Cali or Oregon? Both ghost towns or abandoned buildings? I'm heading to California this weekend and would love to go exploring.
                          Bodie ghost town.

Just don't pick anything up when your there and bring it home with you,it will bring you bad luck and or to anybody that does that.No joke......
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

wow this looks amazing, Im going to look into areas close to me and try to do some photography!
                            Subed.
                            "Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post

I love creepy/abandoned places. They are the only things that genuinely scare me.

Chinese Ghost cities are awesome.

I completely agree with you!
                              And these Chinese ghost towns along with the Airport one are just amazing to look at and I would love to explorer.

The creepiest ones are like the mall photos with overgrown plants.
                              That also reminds me of L4D2.
                              "Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

A buddy and I heard about an "abandoned" racetrack down near the Everglades. We drove 3 hours to go check it out. It's about a mile walk passed the first closed and locked gate. It definitely got the adrenaline flowing as we approached! It's not abandoned, as somebody takes the time to groom it but I didn't see any evidence that it has been used. Ever!

Aerial photo

Last edited by Lof8; 05-21-2014, 05:51 PM.
                                S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                                What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                                I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Working...
                                X