Mosin nagant fans?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TurboJake
    replied
    $75? something like that... '42 Ishevsk here. Shoots straight as an arrow, and doesn't require a 2x4 to use the bolt. SILKY smooth. I call her shockwave.





    My brother has a 30's tula. The machining is sooooo much smoother, but it doesn't shoot as good. He also has a 43 Ishevsk that has a swastika, and 7 strikes underneath it.
    Fun guns.
    Last edited by TurboJake; 06-18-2014, 07:12 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • T Verdier
    replied
    Ammo is cheap you can get nice ppu ammo for $20 for 20 rounds you can get cheap wolf shit for $12 or you can get corrosive primered ammo at $90 for 440 rounds. You have to clean your gun really well and pretty much within a couple hours with that stuff though.
    Last edited by T Verdier; 06-18-2014, 07:08 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zacm829
    replied
    Picked up a '41 last year for $125. Then stumbled upon 850 rounds for $100. It is a blast and a workout to shoot/cycle the action.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by Roysneon
    From what I've read it's a product of being up to over 100 years old and through countless wars, and being designed to be used by pissed off drunk Russian farmers.
    Any Mosin is better than a late war Mauser.

    Difference?

    The Russians were winning.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roysneon
    replied
    Originally posted by TheTacoMan
    I want on but at the same time Ive heard they can be pieces of garbage. Ill probably still get one, one day.
    From what I've read it's a product of being up to over 100 years old and through countless wars, and being designed to be used by pissed off drunk Russian farmers.

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by ParsedOut
    I sold my M44 because no one other than myself wanted to shoot it and when I did I got mostly dirty looks and a few smiles due to the massive boom. It was a fun toy for a while, but once I got my SKS and AK it just didn't have the same enjoyment.
    My m44 is really my only "toy" gun that i just shoot when I'm bored. I got a whole arsenal for hunting though.
    2 .243's
    1 .270 short mag (makes a total mess of the deer's guts haha)
    1 4/10
    2 12 gauges
    5 .22's
    1 .357
    1 20 gauge

    I'm a hilly billy that live in nebraska so its only natural to be strapped haha

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by ParsedOut
    I sold my M44 because no one other than myself wanted to shoot it and when I did I got mostly dirty looks and a few smiles due to the massive boom. It was a fun toy for a while, but once I got my SKS and AK it just didn't have the same enjoyment.
    I love my SKS along side the Mosin. I'll shoot the Mosin, then blow through some x39 with the SKS while my shoulder bruises. Makes the SKS feel like a pellet rifle.

    Leave a comment:


  • ParsedOut
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30
    The m44 version is what I got kicks so much more. I got muzzle break for it.
    I sold my M44 because no one other than myself wanted to shoot it and when I did I got mostly dirty looks and a few smiles due to the massive boom. It was a fun toy for a while, but once I got my SKS and AK it just didn't have the same enjoyment.

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by shameson
    I have an Izhevsk m91/30 and a German 8mm Mauser. Love them both but I will say the mosin has been stupidly fun and reliable while the Mauser was fun until it stopped firing after only 3 shots, from what I can tell the firing pin is the issue.

    The recoil and flames that come out of the barrel is always cool, but I do want to add a rubber piece to the stock for my shoulder. I also want to get the shorter m44 version at some point.
    The m44 version is what I got kicks so much more. I got muzzle break for it.

    Leave a comment:


  • shameson
    replied
    I have an Izhevsk m91/30 and a German 8mm Mauser. Love them both but I will say the mosin has been stupidly fun and reliable while the Mauser was fun until it stopped firing after only 3 shots, from what I can tell the firing pin is the issue.

    The recoil and flames that come out of the barrel is always cool, but I do want to add a rubber piece to the stock for my shoulder. I also want to get the shorter m44 version at some point.

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by TheTacoMan
    How hard is it to find ammo ?
    Easy. Just go to gun shows. or Cabelas I know they used to sell it. I wouldn't recommend cabelas though as I usually leave the store bankrupt cause I want everything haha

    7.62x54r its a hell of a shot to haha

    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Herte...h-All+Products

    Leave a comment:


  • TheTacoMan
    replied
    How hard is it to find ammo ?

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    I got one from 1945 I'll post pics soon my first gun ever and its a blast to shoot.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheTacoMan
    replied
    I want on but at the same time Ive heard they can be pieces of garbage. Ill probably still get one, one day.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roysneon
    replied
    ok, now I want to shoot one. I know everything is a little more expensive and harder to get in Canada, but what is getting ammunition like for them? I can pick a rifle up online for like $150ish. Would likely be a range toy only anyway.

    Leave a comment:

Working...