Mosin nagant fans?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Mosin FTW. I got my '39 for $100 back in like 2008. All numbers matching from Tula. Has marks I read are from a Russian training camp.

    These old guns are the coolest.

    Really want to find another to make into a 45-70......then cut down to a Obrez.....

    Leave a comment:


  • Ikazamay
    replied
    The out door range near LA doesn't allow steel ammo because the back drop is mostly dry grass and rocks which can cause fire. My reloads were more for plinking with noobs, the recoil for surplus ammo is no joke.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    ^
    Why reload when you can still buy 440 and 880 round span cans of Russian steel cased steel core projectile shit for 140-200 bucks a can. If you go this route try and find Cans marked Factory "F" it the better stuff, its slightly less corrosive a little more consistent and was supposed to guys issued Dragunov's IIRC. Hell lets face it you get with in 3-4 feet of your intended target with a 54r inside of a 1000 they are going to fall down and play dead anyway..... I know I would

    If you can find them you want a Finnish M/N especially with the Sako barrels and a VKT stamp on the receiver, they were the accurized version. I have a long post somewhere on here about M/N and so on. But here this is the fun part

    Posted this here somewhere as well

    Leave a comment:


  • Ikazamay
    replied
    Nice mosin! I have a m91/30, I refinished my stock and it makes a world of difference. I reloaded my ammo with the Lee hand kit, felt super barbaric using a hammer to reload.

    Which range do you go to?

    Leave a comment:


  • AwakenNoMore
    replied
    I have a hex '34 Mosin

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    I have been thinking of picking up a KAR 98 myself for something to play with.

    Leave a comment:


  • T Verdier
    replied
    Yeah the only reason I can do it is because of how cheap they are. $189 at big 5, if you live anywhere but cali you can probably get them even cheaper, about 5-10 years ago they where flying off the shelves for $60-$100
    Mines in really good condition though so I don't mind paying a little more

    Leave a comment:


  • thatphysicsguy
    replied
    Sweet nugget, man.

    Really want to get my own sometime soon

    Leave a comment:


  • T Verdier
    started a topic Mosin nagant fans?

    Mosin nagant fans?

    1934 tula hex reciever, laminate stock. I plan on getting a brass stacker mount and scope eventually, also I really wanna refinish the wood. First thing I did was remove all the cosmoline that the gun seemed to be dipped in lol. Then I wanted a little more smoothness from the bolt so I polished it, I messed it up at first sanding it with way to abrasive 150 grit. But after little trial and error I figured out the right grit and polishing techniques.

    Here's the day I got it.


    After polishing the bolt.


    My first Watermelon explosion


    Let me know what you guys think. Should I go with a gloss finish? I'd love it to have that PRS guitar wet sanded a million times super sexy gloss look lol
Working...