Mosin nagant fans?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • E30Kills
    replied
    1943 Izhevsk round receiver checking in here. I found that hot water did the best for cleaning cosmo out of the metal pieces, and mineral spirits for the stock

    Leave a comment:


  • AwakenNoMore
    replied
    FYI mineral spirits work best for removing the cosmoline, worked amazing for me, quick and easy even with a full tear down.

    Leave a comment:


  • JFarhanbod
    replied
    I have a mosin under my bed that I bought but never cleaned the cosmoline off it or used it. lol whoops. I'm gonna get to that soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • DER E30
    replied
    38 Tula here. With a limb saver pad onboard its so nice to shoot. a hard push rather than a sharp kick. Super fun to plink with. It's awesome how my bud's 45 will break a brick in a bunch of pieces but a 762 will make a red cloud!

    Leave a comment:


  • T Verdier
    replied
    Oh you said aftermarket, I don't know of many, brass stacker makes a nice mount system I'm not a fan of archangel stocks

    Leave a comment:


  • T Verdier
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30
    gunbroker is the shit there used to be a site i knew cant remember it now but it sold aftermarket parts for mosins i wish i could remember it




    My m44, gonna redo the stock and polish the bolt, I don't give a shit about it being old there are millions.

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by T Verdier
    WOOOT just bought my m44 off gunbroker , it wasn't the prettiest but it had a "very good bore very bright with strong rifling" that's the one thing besides rust i cant fix. pics will come when i get it.
    gunbroker is the shit there used to be a site i knew cant remember it now but it sold aftermarket parts for mosins i wish i could remember it

    Leave a comment:


  • SpecM
    replied
    I've got a '32 Tula hex. I love it.

    Leave a comment:


  • T Verdier
    replied
    WOOOT just bought my m44 off gunbroker , it wasn't the prettiest but it had a "very good bore very bright with strong rifling" that's the one thing besides rust i cant fix. pics will come when i get it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Desaevious
    replied
    I took my bent bolt out Sunday for shooting. I'll get pictures up of my archangel the next time I take it to play. I really love the color I stained it to.



    Leave a comment:


  • 2761377
    replied
    Get 'em while you can.

    here's a pic of my 1941 Sako M39. and a link to where I got it. I'm sure the prices there will astound some. proof that you snooze, you lose.






    http://www.gunsnammo.com/

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by T Verdier
    Yup just gotta figure out the legalities of buying online.
    shipped to a local FFL that will accept your shipment, and do your transfer paper work. Easy as that

    Leave a comment:


  • Desaevious
    replied
    I'll get pics to you guys of both set ups. Might not be for a few days. Have a busy weekend planned with friends. Fishing and other such sportsmanship. One thing, the Archangel's earlier stocks were not good. This is their 2013 run. It had an issue when expelling gas that would cause the magazine to push down ever so slightly as to make the feed not work unless you slapped the magazine back into place. Keep that in mind.

    Leave a comment:


  • T Verdier
    replied
    Yup just gotta figure out the legalities of buying online.

    Leave a comment:


  • ParsedOut
    replied
    Originally posted by T Verdier
    Its settled im getting an m44, around $250 online plus my local FFL $60 and taxes and shipping will make it close to $350 but they are pretty badass and its what i originally wanted
    Enjoy the fire breather, make sure you go out at dusk at least once and witness the fireball.

    Leave a comment:

Working...