No announcement yet.

The Official Top Gear Countdown thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well, worth the price. I wonder if it'll be like early 2000s top gear.
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
      My mom has Amazon Prime for her school books :D
      I dunno, I already have Netflix and tons of other streaming options. Yeah, there's guaranteed two day shipping which is nice, but I don't use Amazon enough to warrant getting the subscription. I go to Newegg for computer parts and Ebay/craigslist to find anything else I might want.

Sure it's stealing, but Top Gear alone isn't going to make me pick up another subscription for another streaming service. It's going to get disseminated onto the internet one way or another, much like all media, so I'd say it's par for the course.
      "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
      The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

I'm wondering if they'll still be able to pull of major specials. I don't doubt Amazon's commitment, but renting a Russian cargo aircraft to drop a few vehicles off in the middle east isn't cheap.

Comment

Amazon Prime is cheap as hell for what you get. If you can't afford it, I'm going to assume you don't pay the cable bill. This is an awesome move for TG and Amazon. I guess we should stop calling it Top Gear. Clarkson, Hammond, and May Amazon Car Show or something until it has a new name.

If you haven't cut the cord (cancelled cable) do yourself a favor and do it already. If you actually take advantage of all that cable has to offer, you probably could cut back on tv.

My three.

Amazon Prime - Amazon originals and for purchasing the full seasons of the shows I actually care to watch, or renting new movies. (Only shows I pay for really are on AMC.) Paying for a just aired episode per season isn't that expensive, but I don't watch that much TV.

Netflix - Netflix originals, older shows, movies, etc. Honestly, I don't use it all that often, but their shows are becoming rather good.

HBO - Is it necessary? No, but HBO has better series than pretty much anyone else. Plus they are stingy and don't really let newer HBO stuff get to other streaming services. Oh and the backlog of HBO originals will keep even the most potato of couch potatoes happy.

All of this is still less than what I was paying for TV per month, plus I hated 99% of what was on TV. It's nice not worrying about commercials ever again too.
          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Apparently there's a student discount for Prime. 50% off after the trial. Now, that's a great deal after looking through the Amazon's selection of things to watch and read.

I'm usually frugal with my money, but I suppose I could take advantage of that. Guess I'm signing up for a Student Prime Membership, I'll have to wait 6 months to actually use the streaming benefits, but I can deal with it since "New Top Gear" isn't out until 2016. Never thought I'd take back what I said so quickly. :D

Comment

I use the shit out of my Amazon Prime account (mostly for shipping, not streaming) so this is a welcome addition for me.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                I use the shit out of my Amazon Prime account (mostly for shipping, not streaming) so this is a welcome addition for me.
                ditto

Comment

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Some ridiculous Top Gear related news: http://jalopnik.com/argentina-re-ope...ser-1739612097
                    E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

Comment

Remind me to never visit Argentina.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Wow. 3 years for a license plate that only vaguely resembles something offensive? Fuck Argentina.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                          Wow. 3 years for a license plate that only vaguely resembles something offensive? Fuck Argentina.
                          No it was the act of changing it in order to not get killed without government approval.

Comment

Lambo that commercial is gold

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                              No it was the act of changing it in order to not get killed without government approval.
                              Didn't read the article. Regardless, that's insane.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                                Cheeky advert.

One of the reasons I love Clarkson.

Comment

Working...
                                X