No announcement yet.

Anyone try a sensory deprivation tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Feynman said in one of his autobiographies that it took a lot of visits and practice to move his consciousness at all, and even more work to get it out of the body. The guy is a role model for me in many ways (not so much in how he handled marriages) due to his insatiable curiosity about everything, love of learning and ability to call-out bullshit.

Anyway, time to start looking for sensory deprivation clinics in my area. I assume that they aren't called "sensory deprivation clinics" though. Any tips on what I would search for if I wanted to find an establishment that offered that kind of service? I live in the Bay Area, which is home to a lot of quirky stuff, so I wouldn't imagine that it is too hard to find this around here!

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

I just did one a couple months ago and it was a great experience. ill admit,once the light kicked off and it was pitch black i got a little freaked out. But once i started to relax my mind started to unwind and i was completely blank. I would definitly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by SLUCK View Post
        I just did one a couple months ago and it was a great experience. ill admit,once the light kicked off and it was pitch black i got a little freaked out. But once i started to relax my mind started to unwind and i was completely blank. I would definitly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by E30-325iS View Post
          No, but I once drove in a Prius.I would expect the experience to be similar. :)
          LMFAO...wife just yelled at me to be quiet, kids are asleep.
          -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Working...
          X