Hope nobody had their squished on PA turnpike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope nobody had their squished on PA turnpike

was watching the news, crazy amounts of cars squished today in the ice storm.

Had freezing fog here today in Spangdahlem, stuff is crazy.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

ok

Comment

I'm Californian and what is ice?

At least people out there have a reason for car pile-ups. Out here, it happens on dry sunny days.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post

At least people out there have a reason for car pile-ups. Out here, it happens on dry sunny days.

Comment

freezing fog........ we get that around here a couple of times a month as an average from late oct to early april

Ice storms suck and the so does the PA turnpike, put the 2 togeather and I cant think of the carnage that would bring. Especially when you get to the summit there are around Linn Run state park and the weather turns to shit Or the traffic shit storm that ensues near summer set or on either end.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrasky View Post
            Literally LOLed at work.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

I was in King of Prussia for work. My boss, who is based in PHL, emailed me saying to be careful driving and walking on the sidewalks. I bought as much insurance from Hertz as I could and walked very, very slowly. By God's grace this sunny So Cal driver made it from the airport to the meetings and back without incident. I don't know how you east coats people do it (Sleeve is in the worst kind of weather, IIRC)

Greg, do you know a BMW guy who goes my the name of Marina Corp on the forums?
              I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

ehhh you get used to it all part of living in the northern rockies in the winter time. I love winter time ;) Also why I get a little chuckle out of flat landers that flip out over 1/2 inch of snow. I worked A LOT in PA in recent winters, and my former employers office is in Allentown PA so I have LOTS of hours logged on 70/76 80, 81, 106, 465, and untold amounts of back roads in all seasons.
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-23-2015, 04:37 PM.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

The PA Turnpike is the original superhighway of the States. It has great history. An original tunnel, now privately owned, was converted for use as a perfect wind tunnel for automotive development. The Turnpike Commission reads like a drama series with all the shenanigans.

It is a tough road to drive. Many rough spots pock the turnpike. When the weather turns, you have got to be more vigilant than ever.

I hope those involved are OK.
                  ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post

F*#king snowed at my house in Lake Elsinore in SOCAL.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

eh how does freezing fog work?
                      Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Fog is just water vapor hanging in the air. So basically, it gets cold enough that whatever the fog touches, the fog freezes as a layer of ice. So basically everything gets covered in a layer of ice. Think freeze ray.

Comment

I flew home to Ohio last week for a funeral. I was promptly reminded how bad icy roads can be. Borrowed a friends car (Impreza with brand new Falken winter tires), driving down a road I've driven thousands of times going around 40-45 and hit some black ice on a corner. Couldn't correct the slide and went ass first and flipped into a ditch.

Oops.

I'm fine. Made it to the funeral on time. Car is totalled, my buddy doesn't care and was joking about it soon as he showed up. I'm never going to live this down, haha.
                          91 318is M50 swapped
                          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Working...
                          X