No announcement yet.

#BellLetsTalk #EndTheStigma #MentalHealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no possibility of my wife believing the humanity and empathy exhibited by the car guys in this thread, so I won't tell her.

Mental illness is as real as physical illness, but the scars don't lend themselves to bragging stories.

Comment

I have an 8wk power point I use to educate families and the like. If there is interest I will share it. Again I have done this for some time, I have seen countless people on their best days and their worst. Power points are skeletons of a presentation but will provide education. If there is interest I will share the PP I created and have used, and update every year. PM me, or identify ways to share it here. I expect it not to be redistributed or used in a public form and in no way represent it as a medical document.

Comment

Originally posted by SubDad View Post
        There is no possibility of my wife believing the humanity and empathy exhibited by the car guys in this thread, so I won't tell her.

Mental illness is as real as physical illness, but the scars don't lend themselves to bragging stories.
        No one says, "Cool, can I sign your cast?"

I smiled out loud at wives and car guys behaving not badly! So true. The world needs exactly that - empathy, humanity, and ethics.

I would like to buy 'most' of you guys ^^^ a beer and say hello. ..'cept I don't drink...but we can work around that...

Keep up the good work everyone, and keep your chin up! (Now I'm back into the cold garage cave to finish putting an engine in my Audi...oh boy)

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
          No one says, "Cool, can I sign your cast?"

I smiled out loud at wives and car guys behaving not badly! So true. The world needs exactly that - empathy, humanity, and ethics.

I would like to buy 'most' of you guys ^^^ a beer and say hello. ..'cept I don't drink...but we can work around that...

Keep up the good work everyone, and keep your chin up! (Now I'm back into the cold garage cave to finish putting an engine in my Audi...oh boy)
          That make at least two of us bro. People-who-just-usually-watch-other-people-get-drunk, Unite!!!
          Originally posted by Andy.B
          Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
          1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
          ~~~~~~~~~~
          I was born on 3/25…
          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X