Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyclists: Ever have weird encounters with motorists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a little disturbing all the homophobia that comes out when people talk about cyclist, yeah it's a bunch of dudes in tights typically. But seriously, as far as I'm concerned homophobia is just as bad as racism and really shouldn't be coming from a forum sponsor, Good&Tight... I hope I'm not the only one who thinks that here. That said the picture you posted is a typical cyclist bullshit that drives me mad.

I'm a full time student and employee and my bike is my main mode of transportation. Always wear a helmet and always carry my lights in my backpack should I need them. Like everyone has said, obey the damn traffic laws and be fucking vigilant. I'm always watching for brake lights or a door to open slightly from a parked car. Gotta be aware of everything thats going on around you. Know the roads with less traffic, and the designated bike roads.

That said nothing pisses me off like inconsiderate cyclists. I'm not just annoyed as a driver but also as someone who rides their bike all the time cause that image is now shared with me. There were these guys riding abreast in their fluorescent tights on a two lane road blocking traffic. I come flying up the road the other way in my t and shorts with a 45lb backpack on my back. They all give me the thumbs up I give them the bird and yell, "quit being assholes!". I've been hit a couple times, clipped, countless close calls. Just comes with the territory I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by London View Post
      That said, nothing pisses me off like inconsiderate cyclists.
      THIS!

So the other day, I'm sitting at this light in e30, the light is red. This young man on a bike is rolling real slow from my left like he's going straight across the intersection. The light turns green and I watch him look up at the light and he reaches for his brake then looks at me and undoubtedly hears me start to slip the clutch. (Loud muffler) He then retracts his finger from the fucking brake and continues (fucking slowly I might add) across my damn intersection when I have a green and he has the red!!!

THEN, when he's right in front of me this fuck looks over and fucking sticks his tongue out at me!!!

I've never wanted to run somebody over but this fuck would be first in my list!!! I wouldn't have been nearly so pissed off if he hadn't stuck his tongue out at me.
      /rant
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I cycle all the time, and I hate other cyclists. I would hate to be associated with them.
        2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
        (Daily Driver)
        Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
        KW V2 Coilovers
        VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

It is a little disturbing all the homophobia that comes out when people talk about cyclist, yeah it's a bunch of dudes in tights typically. But seriously, as far as I'm concerned homophobia is just as bad as racism and really shouldn't be coming from a forum sponsor, Good&Tight... I hope I'm not the only one who thinks that here. That said the picture you posted is a typical cyclist bullshit that drives me mad.
          Quit being a fag.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
            Quit being a fag.

Comment

Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post

I don't have a problem with them unless they follow the rules, but when they ride like they own the road, the image of that station wagon plowing into them makes me smile.
              They do own the road, exactly the same as you own the road. They are vehicles.

Comment

Last summer when I used my single speed MTB to get around town, I was run off the road by some asshat in an older diesel ford truck that was lifted. Thank god there was a huge pond there to soften the fall... lol
                -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
                  Might want to brush up on your traffic law there hippie. In many places, cyclists are not supposed to ride more than two abreast in one lane. There are certain stipulations, but it seems to be a pretty common theme.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    Quit being a fag.

srsly.. crying about homophobia? Academia got you good, london.

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post

They are not vehicles and absolutely do not own the road. However, they are the most annoying thing on the road. I hate getting stuck behind some slapdik on his vintage schwinn in the turning lane with his arm stuck out to the left. I dont understand it. I ride my bike too but I always take routes that dont have me riding on busy 4 lane roads and I use the sidewalk for the most part. Its not hard to not be an idiot when riding a bike.

My parents live out of town about 8 miles and you take a highway (65mph) to get there. The cyclist d00shs (same breed as those pictured in good&tights photo) love to ride on that road. Its a god damn highway. No shoulder, no sidewalk. Tell me that isnt asking to get smothered.

EDIT: #CyclistH8Thread

Comment

Working...
                    X