Electric rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric rates

We constantly hear about how our Hydro is so expensive, and we sell it to the neighbouring provinces and states at a fraction of what it costs us. so I figured I would ask the R3V membership...
    is our Hydro REALLY that expensive?? perhaps we just grow use to $400 household electric bills in the winter

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
    Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

are you using electric heat as your primary heat source
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

I switched to mostly LED lighting and my bills dropped by almost half. I had CCFL's before but they still use a lot of power. But even so, a $400 bill seems huge.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Mine usually doubles in the winter. Electric everything. Baseboard heating sucks.

Spring and Fall I can usually have a sub-$100 bill/month.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

No real electric heat. Use wood with oil back up. There is a barn with a ceramic heater. But it's only a 10x10 room for the water pump. What gets me is the delivery charge of almost matching what we used in KW. Add on a debt retirnent charge and then 13% sales tax on top of all that.
          Off peak is 7pm-7am
          Mid peak is 11am-5pm
          High peak is 7am-11am and 5pm-7pm
          In the summer the mid and high switch times.
          What do most others pay per KW/h?
          Last edited by Smelser; 03-17-2015, 07:55 AM.

Comment

I'd have to look but my last bill was around 650kw/h and it was like $60-$75.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

$0.11 per kw/h in Mesa, Arizona
              2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
              (Daily Driver)
              Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
              KW V2 Coilovers
              VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Summer bills are normally 250-300. Under 200 if no one is home and kids are outside. Usually 400 from October to June.

Comment

(($0.21454 * kWh used) + ($0.39450 * number of days in month)) * 1.04 (4% tax) (This month, the rate changes monthly in the decoupling and Rate realignment charges)

681kWh Costs $163.02 up here, or down here for you.
                  EDIT: Crossed out account number

Oh and yeah, they estimate how much power you used every other month.
                  Last edited by TurboJake; 03-17-2015, 09:21 AM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Your Choice of:

$10.83 per month plus
                    14.947¢ per kilowatt hour.

or

$18.82 per month plus
                    Winter (December to February)
                    07:00 am to 12:00 pm 19.305¢/kW.h
                    12:00 pm to 04:00 pm 14.947¢/kW.h
                    04:00 pm to 11:00 pm 19.305¢/kW.h
                    11:00 pm to 07:00 am 8.020¢/kW.h
                    Non-Winter (March to November)
                    07:00 am to 11:00 pm 14.947¢/kW.h
                    11:00 pm to 07:00 am 8.020¢/kW.h

Using the first option, our bill usually ends up being ~$300 bi-monthly with 5 adults, propane heat/stove/oven, dishwasher/washing machine/dryer. Back at our apartment we would only pay ~90/mo for the two of us.
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I have 3 hydro plants with in an hours drive and one about 20 mins from me. 200amp Residential Rates are as follows

22 bucks basic charge for single phase and 42 for 3 phase
                      5.9 cents per KwH up to 600 a month 7.3 cents up to 3500 and 10.2 cents there after with no demand charges

When we had eletric base board and lived in a older piss poor insulated home, out monthly bill in the winter was about 275, and less than 40 in the summer and about 75-100 in the shoulder seasons. Now that we are on gas heat again its holding well at about 65 bucks a month this winter.
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

WOW, thanks guys, compared to the east, Iam very happy with our bill.
                        we have no gas to cookwith so its an electric stove and dryer.

Seeing mrsleeve's post, WISH i could get those bills, we had a OPG coal plant in nanticoke close, and about 300 windmills go up. no real savings for close location for us.

Comment

your KWH charge isnt awful delivery seems high I don't know how you use 2500KWh without electric heat, Heatpump or A/C
                          1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                          2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                          2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Originally posted by Kevinl View Post
                            your KWH charge isnt awful delivery seems high I don't know how you use 2500KWh without electric heat, Heatpump or A/C
                            electric dryer, four kids. electric stove. there is a barn. its 200 amp service to the house. figure with all that, also we have cistern and a dehumidifier in the crawl space that runs off peak. cistern has to pump water every time we turn on a tap. I have been looking for ways to cut our usage. I think LED lighting is next as we can afford it.

Comment

2500kwh is a lot, I only use about 300-400kwh in a month. But I only have 2 kids and no barn. Electric water, dryer, and stove as well.

Does your power company do rebates etc. on power efficiency? I've had insulation done and they gave me a bunch of LED lights.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X