Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    ^ I 100% agree. Well put.



    It was a sad day yesterday for me. Some bitch ruined my 4runner. A moment of silence.



    I was going 35 or so in the far left lane of a 5 lane one way road down town. A girl in the center lane attempted to make a left turn across two lanes of traffic. She side swiped the person between me and her and I hit her front right. My air bag saved me from looking like Sylvester Stallone. I am so thankful that it was not my e30.






    Comment


      Damn

      :(

      Glad you're okay

      Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

      Comment


        Goodness. Glad you are ok too.

        Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

        New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

        79 Bronco SHTF Build

        Comment


          Dibs on wheels if the one is not bent
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


          The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

          Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

          Comment


            Originally posted by lambo View Post
            Damn

            :(

            Glad you're okay
            Thanks mate, lots of pain now. But I'll survive.

            Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
            Goodness. Glad you are ok too.
            Thanks mate

            Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            Dibs on wheels if the one is not bent
            This is a pretty typical response. I have a brand new BFG matching tire. The wheel looks straight, the tire poped from being sliced by the fender.

            Comment


              Sorry, lol didnt look like a hard enough hit that you would have been hurt, so I figured I would interject a bit of humor, with a tad of seriousness ;)

              For the record glad your ok, and shitty about the TR4. I suppose the hunt is on for a replacement. I am down in Tuscon AZ at the moment and will keep my Eyes peeled for a some type of replacement for ya while I am here.

              Also I dont want another set of mud tires, just the wheels :)
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


              The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

              Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

              Comment


                Don't mean to be a vulture, but....

                What color interior? If it's brown and you have the cup holder center console, I'd love to acquisition it from you! Also, are your rear seat belts in good condition? Mine lock ok, but are slow to retract and I use them every day with kiddo's, so I've been thinking about replacing them.
                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

                Comment


                  Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  Sorry, lol didnt look like a hard enough hit that you would have been hurt, so I figured I would interject a bit of humor, with a tad of seriousness ;)

                  For the record glad your ok, and shitty about the TR4. I suppose the hunt is on for a replacement. I am down in Tuscon AZ at the moment and will keep my Eyes peeled for a some type of replacement for ya while I am here.

                  Also I dont want another set of mud tires, just the wheels :)
                  You already have 17 inch m/t tires? I'm going to do my best to buy it back. If I do I'll post a thread.

                  Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  Don't mean to be a vulture, but....

                  What color interior? If it's brown and you have the cup holder center console, I'd love to acquisition it from you! Also, are your rear seat belts in good condition? Mine lock ok, but are slow to retract and I use them every day with kiddo's, so I've been thinking about replacing them.
                  It's got a tan interior, but no cupholder center console as it's a pre 1999. The rear seats are leather, and the seatbelt work great.

                  Comment


                    Thoughts on this? Looking for a vehicle that I can take into the bush to shoot and possibly hunt with in the future. Yes a truck would be ideal, but as 99% of the time won't include any game, I'll cope. Roughly 138k miles for you yanks.

                    http://www.courtenaytoyota.com/en/us...r5-v8/7039594/

                    Comment


                      I miss my '07 Limited V8 4Runner I had for awhile. It was such an awesome truck.

                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

                      www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by cale View Post
                        Thoughts on this? Looking for a vehicle that I can take into the bush to shoot and possibly hunt with in the future. Yes a truck would be ideal, but as 99% of the time won't include any game, I'll cope. Roughly 138k miles for you yanks.

                        http://www.courtenaytoyota.com/en/us...r5-v8/7039594/
                        I don't know anything about the Canadian market, I assume up in BC it's pretty much the same as Pacific Northwestern United States. They probably command a higher price. 10k Canadian is about $7500 US which probably a little less than what a dealer here in Idaho would have it for sale at with those miles. Miles on it look good, and the V8 motor is superb, one of Toyota's best V8's, good for at least 400,000km. I've read people get about 17 combined with the V8, 18 with the V6, both better than what I got in my 3rd gen V6 (16 combined). 4 wheel drive is on all the time with the V8 and not with the V6 as I recall.


                        As to that specific year and such, I am not a fan of the early 4th gens plastic cladding. For some reason toyota took design cues from the Nissan xterra.

                        Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                        I miss my '07 Limited V8 4Runner I had for awhile. It was such an awesome truck.

                        I really like the 06's and newer 4th gens. The headlights and tail lights are cleaned up a lot. This one looks great!

                        Comment


                          It was a fantastic truck. Flew to Austin to buy it and drove it back.

                          It's hard to find the facelift 4th gen, V8, 4wd, Limited, that aren't ragged out or a ton of miles. I think that one only had 70k on it or so.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

                          www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

                          Comment


                            saw this thread decided to show off my Sequoia. The underdog. Its been through everything.

                            2001 Sequoia SR5 with 2.5" Lift and Air Lift Leveling system, 285/70r17 on FJ Cruier Wheels, 180k and still tows like a beast.
                            sigpic
                            The "Because Race Car" M60 V8 Build Thread
                            On Instagram Straight Flexin' #BecauseRaceCar

                            Comment


                              I've read people get about 17 combined with the V8, 18 with the V6, both better than what I got in my 3rd gen V6 (16 combined). 4 wheel drive is on all the time with the V8 and not with the V6 as I recall.
                              It's a great engine. '05 and up 4Runner and GX470 got VVT-i which was good for around 30hp. 17mpg combined is pretty much right. On a long highway pull it'll do 20.

                              No complaints. The interior is as nice as my E39, it can seat 7 and it pulls a trailer.

                              Last edited by euroshark; 12-09-2015, 08:48 PM.
                              1966 230SL /// 1983 635CSi /// 1988 M5 /// 1989 951 /// 1995 M3

                              Comment




                                My 1991^
                                And this dope land cruiser I saw at cars and coffee.
                                = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X