Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    LOL

Is it weird that I have briefly considered moving to Australia or OZ on several occasions, for the sole reason I could go buy a new 76 Series GLX with the 1VD in it.

Its fine on the hundy, we are in no big hurry to replace her rig yet ;) Yours is one of the few hundys I have seen lately that are worth what you paid, most I see listed are woefully maintained and clapped out rust buckets and trying to get clean maintained non-abused premium pricing for them... Because............ LANDCRUISER badges
    Not really, I realllly want to apply lots of ideas to a Troopy. It's a disease.

I'll keep that in mind, I'm in no rush to sell the 100.

It is interesting. The 80 market is insane but somewhat understandable. The 100 market isn't as bad, but it's climbing. I think the 60 market will continue to climb. Maybe 40's have leveled out, maybe not? Some you wouldn't want to drive off road for that sort of money though.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

So I'm looking at a relatively low miles (80k) 2000 4Runner Limited.

Is Owned by either a Toyota tech or service guy. Has a new exhaust, recent timing belt, brakes, etc. basically needs nothing.

Getting it because I need something to drive in the winter (when not riding bikes) and to tow a 2200lb snowmobile trailer around. Anything else to look for?
      Originally posted by BillBrasky
      E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
      1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
      1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
      1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
      2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

Originally posted by BenM View Post
        So I'm looking at a relatively low miles (80k) 2000 4Runner Limited.

Is Owned by either a Toyota tech or service guy. Has a new exhaust, recent timing belt, brakes, etc. basically needs nothing.

Getting it because I need something to drive in the winter (when not riding bikes) and to tow a 2200lb snowmobile trailer around. Anything else to look for?
        In my short ownership time, I can offer this advice.

-Check the radiator, when was it changed last? The trans cooler portion can rupture and mix coolant.

- Check the inside of the frame rails, specifically next to the muffler where the lower control arm bolts up. My frame was practically rust free, except for that spot where it had rusted through. Posted photos of the repair a couple pages back.

That's all I got, mine has 310k on it. They are tanks.

Took the truck out to try the new setup and see if it rubs. Haven't had any issues yet!

No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

just saw this on CL:

I'm not super into FJ80's but I thought they were worth much more than this?

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

^
            flagged already. Good rigs can be found for decent money still but many seem to be suffering from the "landcruiser badge tax" and the oh mine is still shiny and never had to fix anything on it in the 10 years we had it , so it must be just like the one that is outrageously priced on ebay that has half the miles and was actually cared for and never left Tucson AZ or SoCal. 80s are getting popular as are the 60s for the next collector car phase 60s are bringing stupid money in good original shape too. you want real sticker shock look at the 40 market a 800-1200 running rust bucket plow rig WITH THE PLOW ans see though floorboards 2 years ago is now pulling 6-8k asking prices with out the plow
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

It was a white '92 that looked straight with like 90k miles and a clear title. The ad said it recently had a tune up, service, maintenance etc for $1500. I thought these trucks went for like 5k.

A lot of those ads are flagged by the CL admins because they "look" like a scam but in reality some of the CL admins are idiots. I'd rather have the opportunity to call the phone number associated with the ad and find out for myself.

Comment

Another factor why some ads get flagged is by users i.e. competition. If the deal is amazing; prospective and aggressive buyers will flag it so no one else has a chance to get the contact info.
                If there's enough users flagging the same ad, it will automatically be taken down.

Comment

bae put on the filter.., but titties out for Pismo Beach
                  Attached Files

Comment

So I'm narrowing it down to the last facelift first gen Tacoma's. I know I'm gonna be over paying out the ass for one of these but I'm ok with that. I'm undecided between auto or manual. Is the mixed rad/trans cooler something to be genuinely concerned with or is it over blown? Is it something I should address immediately?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Besides being expensive to replace sometimes not really.

I still like manual offroad, not as big of a deal if you know how to use handbrake.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

I'm looking at 04-08 4 runners right now. It'll be used as a daily driver, tow vehicle for the e30, and winter landship. What are the attention areas and things to consider? Also differences in the V6 and V8 based on maintenance, towing capability, and reliability. Gas mileage isn't a big deal. It seems everyone raves that these things need nothing except for the normal maintenance.
                        1989 325i S50 swapped
                        2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Originally posted by bumada View Post
                          I'm looking at 04-08 4 runners right now. It'll be used as a daily driver, tow vehicle for the e30, and winter landship. What are the attention areas and things to consider? Also differences in the V6 and V8 based on maintenance, towing capability, and reliability. Gas mileage isn't a big deal. It seems everyone raves that these things need nothing except for the normal maintenance.
                          The experience I have had with them is very positive.

I will speak on towing capacity, but I dont have enough experience with the differences in maintenance and reliability, but if they are anything like other Toyotas, both engines will treat you very very well.

You're towing an E30. If you are using a full car trailer to load the e30 onto and then drag around, I would avoid the v6. Its a great engine, but you really need the torque of the v8 to avoid towing being a huge pain/impossible on some grades.

If the E30 is going on a car dolly (much lighter than a full trailer) then the v6 should suit you just fine.

A full trailer with an E30 is going to be kissing the capacity of the v6 (5000 lbs). Unless you have your own trailer, you will be in trouble. I am betting that no competent organization (uhaul, etc) will rent you a full trailer that gets that close to the towing capacity. And even if you have your own, the V6 isn't a smart choice.

If gas mileage doesn't matter, grab that V8!!

Background: I tow E30's/E36's frequently with my 4.7l V8 tundra.
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                            So I'm narrowing it down to the last facelift first gen Tacoma's. I know I'm gonna be over paying out the ass for one of these but I'm ok with that. I'm undecided between auto or manual. Is the mixed rad/trans cooler something to be genuinely concerned with or is it over blown? Is it something I should address immediately?

I had a 3rd gen hilux pickup. So the one just before the tacoma. V6/auto. I drove it on the street and climbed some mean hills with it.. the auto was fine but I'd probably go for a manual next time around. Just for something different. The automatic transmission in my truck and in the first gen tacomas you're looking at is the same one they put behind lexus V8's from the mid 90's (different bellhousing etc). They're pretty stout. I never had a problem with the transmission.

That being said, the thing had no room inside and the next truck I buy will likely be a 90's F250 long bed/single cab.

For what it's worth, the toyota actually broke down more often than the e30... even though it was in much better shape :/

Comment

Haven't been around in forever, basically just running around in 80 series Landcruisers. Still have the E30, it just lives inside / on the lift.

I picked up a sage (beige) 40th Ann. Ed. FZJ80 to replace my old LX450 I'd sold. So now I'm back to 2 '97 FZJ80's

View from the porch:

Both are on e-lockers, the 40th is stock save a set of slight oversize BFG KO2's.

Black one is my one to go use, I'll stomp a few trails in the 40th but really no plans aside from being the boat hauler & town rig.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

I did a thing.

133k TRD offroad double cab

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X