No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys, but this is a mostly a wifey truck, with a few mods to make it better for her hiking hobby getting to places most people never go, so I dont have to worry about something stupid failing on the 80 or the old tahoe while I am gone all summer (very busy work year). She has been putting off a new rig for a long while, and we were looking for a modestly used 200, but she has been running the 80 all winter and loves the bit smaller stature than full size SUVs for day to day living. So we pulled the trigger on one, and frankly she deserves it for a whole host of reasons.

Its still some where between port of portland and home we bought it before most of the sales guys knew it was coming in, they sell stupid fast at home supposed to be there tues or weds. So your all just going to have to wait just like me, its getting some icon goodies off the bat that are in route as well. I will play with it a little bit here an there but I wont get much seat time.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Very nice sleeve.
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Welp I have a little update. Truck is still in transit, my Icon order that the website said was IN STOCK seems to have been sans front coil overs in stock. Seems that Icon is way behind stocking their distrbuitors, and are back ordered 6-8 weeks EVERYWHERE .

So I will divluge the suspension goodies, Fox 2.5 non-resi extended travel coilovers, Icon front UCA's , Icon rear 2inch rear coils, Foxs 2.0 non-resi shocks and some shin guards.

Rest will have to wait ....
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-06-2017, 06:43 PM.
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

My 5VZ-FE is hurt. Three cylinders have good compression and the other three are suffering pretty badly. One is as low as 90psi.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Sounds like head gasket time.....

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              Sounds like head gasket time.....
              Yeah, I am prepared for that at least. The only thing is that it's not like one side has the low numbers. I guess it's possible both heads lifted.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                Yeah, I am prepared for that at least. The only thing is that it's not like one side has the low numbers. I guess it's possible both heads lifted.
                I did headgasket on my 5vz. If you have any questions or need any parts I should be able to find you whatever you need for it. Took me about 20 hours and two weekends. Spent about $1000 with all OEM parts and having the heads refreshed with valve job and decking.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                  I did headgasket on my 5vz. If you have any questions or need any parts I should be able to find you whatever you need for it. Took me about 20 hours and two weekends. Spent about $1000 with all OEM parts and having the heads refreshed with valve job and decking.
                  Rad! Thanks for the offer! I already have the gaskets and bolts. Pulling the heads should reveal a lot.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Rad! Thanks for the offer! I already have the gaskets and bolts. Pulling the heads should reveal a lot.
                    Totaly! That should reveal the problem unless you have warped heads.

I replaced everything, timing belt, wp, pulleys, ect.

Comment

Totaly! That should reveal the problem unless you have warped heads.

I replaced everything, timing belt, wp, pulleys, ect.
                      How many miles are on the motor when you had to do the head gasket job?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

How many miles are on the motor when you had to do the head gasket job?
                        It had 189k. I've put 1700 on her since I did the head gasket job. The motor wasn't treated very kind. I Think in some previous pages of this thread there are some photos of the heads. Talk about sludge.

Comment

It had 189k. I've put 1700 on her since I did the head gasket job. The motor wasn't treated very kind. I Think in some previous pages of this thread there are some photos of the heads. Talk about sludge.
                          I remember seeing those!

Yeah, my motor has been in my custodianship since 2007 and 127K on the ticker. It now has 257K. I did the water pump, tensioners, belt, etc at 220K or so. It really needs new plug wires too.

I plan on pulling both heads with the exhaust manifolds on at the same time as I read that was the easiest thing to do. I will post pics when I get after it.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

last update till I have photos, Truck has landed at dealer, and the outfit that I placed my suspension order at could not find 1 of the 2 sets of Icon UCA they say are in stock, so I had to get Total Chaos units to get the order shipped out. If all goes well wifey should be able to pick up friday afternoon or sat morning

William Pitt-

Comment

Rolled over 300 this past weekend on the truck's (second) maiden 1300km roadtrip!

Marshall, how'd you notice the low compression before testing?

Ugh, now you guys have me all worried about head gaskets... Flashbacks of M20 life hitting me again
                              1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
                              1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
                              1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
                              My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Aych View Post
                                Rolled over 300 this past weekend on the truck's (second) maiden 1300km roadtrip!

Marshall, how'd you notice the low compression before testing?

Ugh, now you guys have me all worried about head gaskets... Flashbacks of M20 life hitting me again
                                My truck blew the heater hose matrix in the back of the motor and it got hot in a hurry. I fixed it right away, but after that I started getting rough running issues when it was cold. Coolant was missing every couple of days too and no evidence of a leak. I had my suspicions.

Then it eventually threw a misfire code on cylinder 3. Sure enough, that one tested at 90psi.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X