No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check engine light and p0430 code back, 420 soon to follow. o2 sensors and plugs made it go away for a solid 1000km, but now it seems like the issue hasn't been resolved. What's really odd is every time I hop in it in the morning the gas gauge reads 5-10% lower in a flat driveway.

If it comes down to go a cat replacement, I'm driving it dirty into the ground.

Comment

Still needs a bit more work to get it looking right... and it needs suspension... and 33's... and sliders... :drink:

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I am elbow deep into pulling my 5VZ-FE heads to see if they are cracked. It would be the only explanation for the mystery coolant loss. Or a bad head gasket which requires pulling heads anyway.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I put in a new double din head unit in the 4runner. Sounds a lot better than the stock stereo.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
          1989 325i S50 swapped
          2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

The taco is starting to get serious...

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Yeah buddy!

So I bought an '97 FZJ80 without an engine because it was cheap. Has OME heavy suspension, elocker front, aftermarket (not sure what) locker rear.

Plans, none immediate. It'll sit for a little while. But... options...

Might throw an engine in it and use it for a trail rated truck (it's not pretty but no rust besides some icky surface stuff around front and rear window. Wouldn't care what broke or got scratched on a truck that has peeling clearcoat or isn't my go-to.

Next option... put a turbo diesel 1hdt in it since the side gig gives me easier access to those, then have a LHD factory turbo diesel. Sell or keep.

Or the real crazy thing. Make the 60 series I dream about, by putting the full frame, suspension, and steering from it under a 60 body, because if you've never driven a stock or lifted 60... it's awesome but equally terrifying if you have a roof rack and more weight and are taking long winding highways with elevation to where you want to go.

I will have another 80 in a few months or so, plus I still have and don't plan to get rid of the 100 any time soon. I may have a problem.

Taking the 100 to the Overland Expo this weekend. If you see a green Lexus, that's probably me.
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                The taco is starting to get serious...

That's gunna be a nice setup, love the 1st Gen. Is that an Addicted Offroad tube bumper? I have one, but love the added extra tubing that you did on yours.

I am currently running Billy 5100's all around, all-pro off road leaf packs. 15x10's on 33x12.5 Duratracs. <-- She definitely rubs with this setup a bit. I keep cutting and pounding the pinch welds as necessary.( Pic to come!)
                1989 325ix
                1992 325ic 770A
                2002 M3

Comment

Originally posted by psmura View Post
                  That's gunna be a nice setup, love the 1st Gen. Is that an Addicted Offroad tube bumper? I have one, but love the added extra tubing that you did on yours.

I am currently running Billy 5100's all around, all-pro off road leaf packs. 15x10's on 33x12.5 Duratracs. <-- She definitely rubs with this setup a bit. I keep cutting and pounding the pinch welds as necessary.( Pic to come!)
                  Yeah I'm excited to get it on! It's actually an All-Pro Off-Road Baja bumper.

Comment

Fall

Tacoma by psmura828, on Flickr

Winter

Tacoma by psmura828, on Flickr
                    1989 325ix
                    1992 325ic 770A
                    2002 M3

Comment

I've been enjoying the second gen. Picked up a leer shell a few weeks ago. Love the windoors. Picked up an ARB bull bar a few days ago too. Was going to wait and get a bumper after I lift it, but got such a good deal on it, that I had to buy it. It lowered my truck though. Haha.

Comment

I think I will sell my 318is soon and get back in a Toyota. Not enjoying my e30 as much in WA as I did in CA. Missing my truck the GF stole from me after we sold her 4Runner.
                        sigpic
                        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                          I think I will sell my 318is soon and get back in a Toyota. Not enjoying my e30 as much in WA as I did in CA. Missing my truck the GF stole from me after we sold her 4Runner.

You need both.

I'm enjoying the e30 since it's not my daily. The 4Runner is a perfect daily.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Finally lifted my 3rd gen. 5100's all the way around with OME 883's up front and Wheeler 3 leaf progressive in back. Slight vibration with only 1.75" of lift so I need to install the ECGS bushing in the front diff, hopefully next weekend.

Love the ride quality.
                            Attached Files
                            Originally posted by Simon S
                            When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

^ Very nice!

Wasn't a fan of that color the first time I saw it, but it has grown on me.
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Finally got the suspension installed. It's definitely stiffer but I don't notice any real degradation in the ride quality. It soaks up speed bumps and such so much better now.

Now I need bigger tires...

Comment

Working...
                                X