Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Camped with a buddy who has a Tacoma that makes mine look puny and hardly modified

7-23 weekend by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

7-23 weekend by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Digging this setup.

Had a productive conversation with the lady while out in the woods about more storage in the back of the camper. Excited to start working on it when it cools down a bit.

More weekend camping

Horsetank Wash Canyon by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    More adventures.

Furnace ordered, full steel skids installed this morning. Much enjoyment.

Mogollon Rim - Again by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Took us out to two more canyons this past weekend.

They were gorgeous

Wilbur and Bear Canyons - July 4th by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Wilbur and Bear Canyons - July 4th by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• lambo
    replied
    Yeah I still have the SnoMaster CL56 I was using previously. The thing's a tank. But this CFX3 95DZ popped up on TW for a good deal so I snagged it but it just refuses to work properly. I have both zones set to 37 degrees, and onn AC power it works fine, but on DC power, one zone drops to 15-20 degrees and the other rises to 60-70 degrees... I've troubleshot everything up to taking the thing apart and seeing what's wrong.

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Dometic has treated me right in the past (once, for a short period of time), but Snomaster is what two of my really serious buddies run.

I snagged an ARB because I felt like paying a ridiculous amount for a fridge. It is nice though. Very nice

ARB in Tacoma by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• lambo
    replied
    Got off my ass a couple weeks ago and went out. Lost my wheeling friends here so it's been rough. But I'm heading out next week for a long trip to NM. Super stoked.

DSC03767 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC03771 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

In other news, I picked up a used Dometic fridge and it's been nothing but problems. Time to go back to SnoMaster and not look back....

DSC03730 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC03731 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC03732 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    On the Mogollon Rim after completing a canyon.

Reinforced front spindles with dual shear steering go on this week. Relocated rear shock towers and humongous rear shocks go on in about 6 weeks.

Big 10 day trip in September, to the Maze District in Canyonlands NP, will arrive in no time, so need to be ready for that.

Mogollon Rim - Sundance Canyon by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

A buddy doing the good lords work over the weekend

Reinforced Spindle with Dual Shear by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    Still havent been home to mess with the 80, but I have got a few small things for the tundra, a set of appropriate tires and some bed side stamp inserts, and good coat of sealant and wax on here since I have a little down time this weekend

Untitled by mrsleeve, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
    Hells to the yes.

Taco's can be made into anything, but most slightly built I've been in had nothing on the suspension that thing has. Glad you're happy with her. If the LX's oem hydraulic system ever dies, I'm going to go down a rabbit hole.
    It's addictive for sure, once you experience the difference that legitimate aftermarket suspension makes.

I'm relocating the rear shock towers and upgrading to 3" diameter, 14" long shocks in the rear. Helps with droop and the aftermarket shock towers allow me to tie the wheel well of the bed into the frame, which will help the bed last longer with all the weight attached to it.

Front is going dual shear steering, cam tabs are getting upgraded and welded in place (will never need another alignment, as only destruction of components would ever cause a misalignment) reinforced spindles, and long travel, as of now. I'm sure it won't end there.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Hells to the yes.

Taco's can be made into anything, but most slightly built I've been in had nothing on the suspension that thing has. Glad you're happy with her. If the LX's oem hydraulic system ever dies, I'm going to go down a rabbit hole.

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Took the truck out near Lake Roosevelt to canyoneer two canyons out in that area.

Had it loaded up with 5 people, plus a full days worth of gear and food/water. Heavy AF.

~30 miles on dirt roads. The truck absolutely ate up everything I threw at it. 60 mph over cattle guards, 40+ on washboards, smashing through dips and washouts at any speed, all while staying comfortable. Thoroughly impressed. Super stable and responsive.

The combination of beefy, custom valved shocks, custom leafs, heavy duty bump stops, and frame reinforcing has simply transformed this machine into something massively capable.

Obligatory pics of the truck and the adventure:

Towards Payson/Roosevelt by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Towards Payson/Roosevelt by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

The Jug and Parker Canyon by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    That's awesome.

I watch a lot of their videos when I'm taking dumps

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Southern Utah is so beautiful.

The boys and I are planning a trip out there for this Memorial day weekend for some light wheeling and to hit some backpacking trails. Maybe even get pulled out by Matt's... LOL
    Lol

Not sure if I mentioned it here, but I met Matt and his crew a year ago. Really cool group of people.

OVRFLG meets Matts Offroad Recovery by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

OVRFLG meets Matts Offroad Recovery by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Southern Utah is so beautiful.

The boys and I are planning a trip out there for this Memorial day weekend for some light wheeling and to hit some backpacking trails. Maybe even get pulled out by Matt's... LOL

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    ^^ Get out there man!

Outside of St. George UT a couple weekends ago.....

Tacoma in St. George by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X