Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spike68
    replied
    Since I've moved back to ATL I've been feeling terrible that the FJ has been parked. In all honesty I've been considering selling it already.

It's far too hot to do any kind of camping or outdoor related activities. I'm missing Colorado big time.

DSC_1426 by Anthony Gomez, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    You won't have any problem getting that or more. I'd do a really good listing with pictures from every angle, including underneath on craigslist in major cities surrounding you, along with ih8mud. I'd even start at 30k honestly if it's as clean underneath, then slowly work down to 25k then 20k. The LC market is cooling some, but it's still pretty high. And 80 series are very coveted still.

I wish I could snag it, my 80 series rolling chassis I let go of for nothing years ago has me feeling like it left an 80 series hole of unfinished business... but I don't have the space for more projects.

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    GLWS Sleeve. Looks clean as hell from the picture.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    hey guys, if you know anyone looking for a good clean 80 series, let me know I am getting ready to put mine up for sale here shortly looking for 20k roughly 235k miles, not locked, well built and maintained needs a few things but 100% rust free 96 LX. Not really wanting to sell but getting to a point right with a life change and the cash out of it might be better used elsewhere.

Untitled by mrsleeve, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

Haha, yeah, one of the more recent photos I have.

I don't. All of my funds are switching to paying off two mortgages that I have. I want to hit the road debt free, entirely. I'm pretty over the idea of working, so I am going to buckle down and pay off these rentals over the course of the next two and a half years and just be done with having to worry about working to pay for the truck adventure.

Also, my brother, whose garage the car is in, will also be moving out of the country in 3-4 years time. That was just another consideration that had me toss it out there.

If I can find someone like me to push it forward, that would be ideal.

If nobody buys it, I'll take a deeper look into storing it long term, so that I can come back to it whenever the adventure ends.

But the adventure very well my last 20+ years. The world is huge, seriously massive. That's a long time for the M3 to simply sit in some climate controlled storage shed, waiting for a day that may never arrive!
    Sounds like you've got a plan. I can completely get behind the travel and see the world plan. Hoping you get some bites on the M3, I think you will, it's a good ad and you give options.

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post

Haha. With your truck in the background it's pretty obvious.

Gotcha, so just don't need a long term project right now?

It's a cool package for someone who wants a killer M3.
    Haha, yeah, one of the more recent photos I have.

I don't. All of my funds are switching to paying off two mortgages that I have. I want to hit the road debt free, entirely. I'm pretty over the idea of working, so I am going to buckle down and pay off these rentals over the course of the next two and a half years and just be done with having to worry about working to pay for the truck adventure.

Also, my brother, whose garage the car is in, will also be moving out of the country in 3-4 years time. That was just another consideration that had me toss it out there.

If I can find someone like me to push it forward, that would be ideal.

If nobody buys it, I'll take a deeper look into storing it long term, so that I can come back to it whenever the adventure ends.

But the adventure very well my last 20+ years. The world is huge, seriously massive. That's a long time for the M3 to simply sit in some climate controlled storage shed, waiting for a day that may never arrive!

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied

When I posted it I thought about you explicitly. Stumbling across it and commenting about it. Lol

It's probably priced too high, but I am in no rush. I'll see what happens over time.
    Haha. With your truck in the background it's pretty obvious.

Gotcha, so just don't need a long term project right now?

It's a cool package for someone who wants a killer M3.

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post

Baja Designs LP9 light?

How are they, I thought about mount a set on my diving boards when driving across country.
    He has the BD LP6's up front ( You can tell by the number of little round circles in the overall light).

They are PHENOMENAL when it comes to light output.

Just pricey as all hell is the problem.

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
    I saw the post Mike, what's next? Just enjoying the tacoma life? I mean I can't fault ya, I love the rig and if time isn't there for the M3 I get it.

lol just realized you posted it 4 hours ago - I just happened to be doing my every few week search
    When I posted it I thought about you explicitly. Stumbling across it and commenting about it. Lol

It's probably priced too high, but I am in no rush. I'll see what happens over time.

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Camped with a buddy who has a Tacoma that makes mine look puny and hardly modified

7-23 weekend by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr
    Baja Designs LP9 light?

How are they, I thought about mount a set on my diving boards when driving across country.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    I saw the post Mike, what's next? Just enjoying the tacoma life? I mean I can't fault ya, I love the rig and if time isn't there for the M3 I get it.

lol just realized you posted it 4 hours ago - I just happened to be doing my every few week search

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    I was getting at the how it would take off from a standstill on an incline for example rather than speed, but that's pretty awesome the truck seems like it's fine without a re gear on 35s.

What's your average fuel economy with your setup?
    Trucks are regeared. From 3.90's (OEM) to 5.29's (Biggest you can get). Should have mentioned that.

I get ~18 mpg around town, 45 mph or so.

I get ~16.5 on the highway at 63-65 mph.

I get 9.8 mph at 80+ (which I never do anymore. Haha)

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    I was getting at the how it would take off from a standstill on an incline for example rather than speed, but that's pretty awesome the truck seems like it's fine without a re gear on 35s.

What's your average fuel economy with your setup?

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    That thing looks beefy, but I wonder how it drives with those big tires and all the added weight? Are you on 31s still?
    The dark grey Tacoma is on 12.5" wide 35" tall tires.

I am on 10" wide 33" tall tires.

Dark grey Taco is on full LT suspension. Tuned F&R shocks, but an off the shelf set of rear leafs (for now).

I'm sitting on a high quality mid travel setup, custom rear leafs and tuned F&R shocks.

Neither one of us even notice that we have campers on the back.

Seems crazy, but it's true.

We aren't low slung rally cars, but speed offroad is of little concern. The lean is definitely noticeable, but it's only extreme on quick changes of directions, like an 'S' curve. Full loose on compression (all 8 shocks have adjustable compression clickers) is fun, but turn em all the way hard and the curves aren't anything crazy.

Our setups just eat up whoops and large bumps.

Outside of fuel economy, we both only notice the added weight and tire size when we are at freeway speeds going up steep grades. Still plenty of pep at slower speeds and more normal inclines.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    That thing looks beefy, but I wonder how it drives with those big tires and all the added weight? Are you on 31s still?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X