No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally random question guys, I have a '99 Tacoma, and I was wondering where you guys buy regular maintenance parts from. Like, with the BMW, we have a handful of vendors like FCP Euro, ECS tuning, Pelican Parts, etc. where I can easily get OEM or similar stuff. They have pretty extensive catalogs.

What website(s) does a Toyota Tacoma have?
    I need dumb shit like a door lock and an exhaust manifold heat shield...

Currently building a badass coffee table
    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
      Totally random question guys, I have a '99 Tacoma, and I was wondering where you guys buy regular maintenance parts from. Like, with the BMW, we have a handful of vendors like FCP Euro, ECS tuning, Pelican Parts, etc. where I can easily get OEM or similar stuff. They have pretty extensive catalogs.

What website(s) does a Toyota Tacoma have?
      I need dumb shit like a door lock and an exhaust manifold heat shield...
      Discount Prices On Genuine Toyota Parts Are What We Are All About! We Ship All Over The USA Directly To You. Camry, Tundra, 4Runner, And More!
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

So yeah, still love this big, dumb, slow, gas guzzling thing. I drive it 3x a week or so. But hoping once the E30 is up and running I can maybe put a cover on it since it doesn't get garage privileges anymore until there's more garage spaces.

The wrap is clearly dying, the hood looks terrible. Wherever the glass reflects the sun, it's basically burned the wrap. Top of doors next to side windows, etc. Hood will probably get re-wrapped, but not in a rush.

Mechanically I want this thing to remain in tip top shape. Cosmetically... not so much.
        Last edited by DEV0 E30; 05-17-2023, 10:50 AM.
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Mine is still kicking as well. I drive it 4x a week nowadays. Thankfully the distance is short, gas is $4.999 in phoenix right now.

Out in the Kofa Wilderness Area in, and I kid you not, Big Dick Canyon

_MG_4720-Enhanced-NR by Brent Prater, on Flickr
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I bought my first toyota.

An 1986 Dolphin. And I thought e30s were slow.
            84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
            Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Mine is used regularly, at least 3-5 big trips a year. Going to hit the Rubicon trail again this year along with Fordyce creek trail in Aug. This will be the hardest trails i have done since owning the rig for about 8 yrs now. It is on 37s 4" of lift and gets about 11 mpg on a good day, but it is a tank and it will never leave the family.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20230512_152852 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	205.4 KB ID:	10094185
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220501-151237_Instagram.jpg Views:	0 Size:	188.6 KB ID:	10094186
              Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-08-12.jpg Views:	0 Size:	184.4 KB ID:	10094187
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230515_123145_Gallery.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	10094188
              1993 325iC
              1998 M3
              1987 535iS

Comment

been going thought my 80 this last winter, and early spring.... Starting to seriously consider a LS swap for this thing as the 1fz is getting tired and a swap and refresh are about cost neutral.

Untitled by mrsleeve, on Flickr

Untitled by mrsleeve, on Flickr

had a good aurora night in N MN a few weeks back, will see if I can find the file for this shot, also been a long long time since I have seen Aurora over head and to my south
                IMG_4800 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Glad to see you didn’t sell it.

I’m team ls swap. 80s deserve them.

Comment

Devo, that LX is way better than my old TLC in the rust department so I am thinking since it didnt sell its meant to stay with me for now, so might as well make it what I really want and need, as my trips are going to much less frequent and much further to get to for the foreseeable future.

Mike, did you move down to PHX recently, if so I should have reached out I was down there working on the "chip plant" on the NW side of town for a few weeks in JAN this year, and I still owe you a beer or 2!! Got caught in the New Years day blizzard about 40 miles NE of Payson and had to turn around and go the long way down though Show Low and the Salt River Gorge ( anyone that hasn't been there should check it out) to make it to work on the 2ed lol.

Polo, Nice 80 and thats a great looking build, I think I said it a while back nice to see I am not the only 80 guy here.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Been a while, my tree has had a lot going on.

Magnuson with a 2.3" pulley SC, Dobinson 1.75 springs & shocks, 18+ cluster, & headlights.
                      Attached Files

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        Devo, that LX is way better than my old TLC in the rust department so I am thinking since it didnt sell its meant to stay with me for now, so might as well make it what I really want and need, as my trips are going to much less frequent and much further to get to for the foreseeable future.

Mike, did you move down to PHX recently, if so I should have reached out I was down there working on the "chip plant" on the NW side of town for a few weeks in JAN this year, and I still owe you a beer or 2!! Got caught in the New Years day blizzard about 40 miles NE of Payson and had to turn around and go the long way down though Show Low and the Salt River Gorge ( anyone that hasn't been there should check it out) to make it to work on the 2ed lol.

Polo, Nice 80 and thats a great looking build, I think I said it a while back nice to see I am not the only 80 guy here.
                        Sleeve,

I am down in Phoenix for the next little while. It would have been nice to grab a drink, next time!

That area is definitely beautiful.
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Not that anyone cares but the blue conversion is complete, soldering the leds into the HVAC panel was a PITA!

__________________​

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Dig it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	10103457 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	10103458 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	10103459 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	10103460 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	10103461

Been enjoying the hell out of this thing. Does everything well, except get good gas mileage. Can’t get it above 13mpg highway. Otherwise best vehicle ever.
                              Last edited by slammin.e28; 09-11-2023, 10:36 AM.
                              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Sequoias are great! My mods chipped away at my 18mpg highway. 295/70/18 and the Supercharger have me at 13 in 2 wheel drive (just did 700+ Phx to L.A. and back)

Comment

Working...
                                X