No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy still hasn't responded about the FJZ80. Sent two emails. You would think that when people list something for sale, they would want to respond. Oh well.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Been out and about lately, making the best of being home this time of year for a change

IMG_8663 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        Been out and about lately, making the best of being home this time of year for a change
        Nice landscape. Reminds me of my area.
        Instagram
        sigpic
        Current: 99 M3
        Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
          Nice landscape. Reminds me of my area.
          You guys have snow capped mountains in NY?

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
            You guys have snow capped mountains in NY?
            No, not year round.

From the top of Whiteface Mountain, looking down on Lake Placid:

I'm sure there's a Prius parked at a coffee shop somewhere in this picture, to keep it on topic ;)
            Last edited by BobombETA; 05-03-2016, 12:26 PM.
            Instagram
            sigpic

Comment

They have some 5k foot peaks in N part of the state in the Adirondacks that do get more and hold snow a bit longer than the lower elevations. and much of upstate NY is a bit more rolling than what we are used to in the Rockies and does look similar to above. I love upstate NY, I have been there several times for work. Funny thing is my rig in that shot is sitting at about 5500 feet and most of the peaks off in the distance are 7k-8k feet and a few towards the right side of the pic pushing 8500
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Going to look at a 2013 Tundra this weekend... anything to keep an eye on?
                Instagram
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
                  Going to look at a 2013 Tundra this weekend... anything to keep an eye on?
                  I ended up buying it:

2013 Tundra TRD.

Love it.
                  Instagram
                  sigpic

Comment

Congrats!
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                      Congrats!
                      Thanks! :) I've been eyeing them for a while now, occasionally posting in this thread about them.

NYS isn't very wheelin' friendly, so it will stay mostly stock. It has a catback on it though and the 5.7 sounds great at full throttle.
                      Instagram
                      sigpic

Comment

Having a front alignment issue recently with mine seems to be eating the right front tire. Been out and about though

IMG_8828 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

William Pitt-

Comment

Anything you want to be really sure to check out on a LX470/100 Series LC?

As much as I'd love a FJ60/62 I think I've passed on that idea for now.
                          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

RUST!!!!

The hundys are pretty sturdy, but like all but the most recent Toyota "trucks" they are prone to RUST. Biggest thing is maintenance. Timing BELT done recently or on the factory cycle, and cooling system would be 2 of the biggest things I would look at. Its a torsion bar IFS set (like a GM truck/Full size SUV) so look at the front half shafts for signs of wear or failure torn boots etc.... Starter contacts are bit of a know issue (the thing is under the intake). IIRC the only grease points are the U-joints and Slip joints on the Drive shafts and couple of the IFS pivot points.

What year are you looking at the early ones 98-99 the front diffs were only a 2 pinion set up, they were changed in 2000 to a 4 pinon but you could get E-locking rear diffs in those 2 years. Even the stupid rusty ones I have looked over still felt very solid.

Just like any used car really, but one of the most reliable factory rigs made of that era so like I said they are fairly stout. Go here and poke around this is prolly the best resource for hundred series around
                            1998-2007 : Lexus LX470 and 100/105 series Toyota Land Cruiser (J100)

Good luck in your search, I have been looking for a good one with very low miles for my wife now for a while and they are far and few between in that kinda condition.

William Pitt-

Comment

Thanks for the info Sleeve. I honestly think I've found an incredible candidate. Has a little bit of a premium, but it looks to be worth it at first glance. It's just about making the money stuff happen after my Fiesta ST was a total loss in an accident. Complete change, but a welcomed one. Having something cushy yet capable would be very nice, then another bike at some point would provide the better MPGs.

Rust is one of the reasons why a cheaper FJ60/62 has fallen off my radar mostly. A clean or really well sorted 60/62 is almost the cost of a 100, so it seems more logical to get a 100. Out here in the southwest we don't have rust issues, and I'm only looking at trucks near me really. So far a 2000 and 2001 are on the short list.
                              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Oh shit didnt realize your ST was mashed sorry. But just remember your only going to see about 15mpg with a hundy AT BEST lol...

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X