OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post

I'm looking for those as well. Honestly, I like the 4runner front end more, but whatever I can find soonest and cheap is going on there.

Question, do those use the same passenger airbag and dash panel?
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
      Well, that was fun while it lasted. Had my first at fault accident in 16 years of driving.

Rear ended a guy, who hit the next car in front. 45mph zone, doing about 35, minor traffic. Real bad glare and I didn't realize the guy in front of me was stopped until it was too late. Without going into too much detail, I acknowledged fault since I rear ended him. Cop didn't write me any tickets, and said it's a very common occurrence on that stretch at that time of the day.

Truck still runs, needs all the body panels up front, pull the supports, radiator, headlights, ect. Going to park it and hunt for a parts truck.

Fuck.
      Man sorry to hear about that. I did pretty much the same thing with my tacoma two years ago. I ended up getting it all fixed and resprayed my entire truck at the time. I happy I fixed it instead of just looking for a new one.

From pictures I have seen it looks like the tacoma's use the same passenger airbag piece but I don't know for sure. +1 on the tacoma front end on the 4runner though!
      -Dee
      5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
      IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        I'm looking for those as well. Honestly, I like the 4runner front end more, but whatever I can find soonest and cheap is going on there.

Question, do those use the same passenger airbag and dash panel?
        Yeah, the tacoma front ends are nasty on a 4runner. The 4runner has a better front end, without a doubt.

Comment

Boys I'm hype for a rad r3v wheeling/camping trip. Especially if it's more than just Will and I this time

DSC_6850 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

^ Haha I am down for an adventure.

Let's keep the planning pedal to the metal and get a solid date locked down.
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Question. I have an '05 Pre-Runner, 2wd. I don't mind the 2wd so much except I wish I had a locking diff.

Is there an easy way to upgrade?

Comment

Boys I'm hype for a rad r3v wheeling/camping trip. Especially if it's more than just Will and I this time
                Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                ^ Haha I am down for an adventure.

Let's keep the planning pedal to the metal and get a solid date locked down.
                Like I said previously, if it's any time between 9/19/17 - 9/30/17 I'm going to be out there in my F1 Fiddy....

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
                Question. I have an '05 Pre-Runner, 2wd. I don't mind the 2wd so much except I wish I had a locking diff.

I'm sure there will be a lot of lockers available, be it ARB, Eaton, etc. Probably going to want something either electric or air locking so you can revert back to 2wd when you're not wheeling.
                2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

I don't think I can do anything September unfortunately.

Im going to try and look into more planning this winter break, but more planning help is always appreciated.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post

Ask and Ye shall receive Crusier Bros are the US distributor of the Harrop

I would love to try to attend something, and will if possible but there is a 99% chance I will be at work when ever anything like this goes down...... That and my poor 80 needs some love to make a true Moab trip......
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                      Im going to try and look into more planning this winter break, but more planning help is always appreciated.
                      We'll have to hop on discord when I'm off work for Christmas and talk through a plan.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Went Christmas treeing

instagram

Comment

Great photo Will!

We'll have to hop on discord when I'm off work for Christmas and talk through a plan.
                          Sounds good my dudes.

Comment

Started the new year off right and did a wheeling trip with a few friends. finally got to try out my new parts. I'm happy with the pizza cutter Cooper ST Maxx, and OME lift. I need to lower the ARB bumper as my fender flare keeps hitting the bumper on big bumps.

Last edited by e30saam; 01-01-2018, 06:07 PM.

Comment

With all the snow (2ish feet in 3 days) and several "outtings" with the wifies 4runner I must say am very very impressed with its affinity for deep snow, and slick roads, Not worried at all about her venturing out in bad weather (other than getting hit). The thing is ridiculously good in the snow, as good as my 80 on the mechanical side for "normal use", with some modern nanny tech that pisses me off at times, but is great for those less skilled/familiar/or plain stupid when it comes to winter driving that make it nearly unstoppable. Took some unplowed nearly drifted shut back roads home the other day with the center diff locked and never had a hicup, its been sitting in the shop defrosting for a couple days since I managed to pack the greasy side FULL of snow. Been playing with the 80 for a couple days since and with the center and rear diffs locked I have never found a place that it wont go in the snow ( with in reason that is)
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Yeah, seems those new 4runners murder in the snow.

Comment

Working...
                                X