OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    Some cheapo ebay tires. Comforsor CF3000 or something. Mud terrains.
    Oh yes, that'll do it lol

Had a local kid run something similar on a Tundra, could hear his tires from 300 yards away in a 25mph zone. "They're not that bad" he said
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

yeah im not a fan, hopefully this guy coming to look at wheels and tires wednesday buys them. BFG KO2s are pretty cheap right now.
      Yes because the ko3 are about to come out i think. Really look into the cooper st Maxx's I have never really been a fan of ko' s for anything relating to winter driving. The at3 I have on the wife's t4r have a bit less road noise than the Maxx but also seem to have a little less grip as well, but still very very capable in deep winter snow.... I have run Bridgestone revos on my truck trucks for well over a decade and I am swapping over to st Maxx's soon on the dirtymaxx, that's how impressed I have been with them on my 80. As to Mud and rock work I can't comment on the at3 as that's the wife's truck lol
      Last edited by mrsleeve; 05-22-2018, 12:14 PM.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        Yes because the ko3 are about to come out i think. Really look into the cooper st Maxx's I have never really been a fan of ko' s for anything relating to winter driving. The at3 I have on the wife's t4r have a bit less road noise than the Maxx but also seem to have a little less grip as well, but still very very capable in deep winter snow.... I have run Bridgestone revos on my truck trucks for well over a decade and I am swapping over to st Maxx's soon on the dirtymaxx, that's how impressed I have been with them on my 80. As to Mud and rock work I can't comment on the at3 as that's the wife's truck lol
        I want something in between but since I'm doing a lot of highway KO2's are going to be the best for me because they last so long.

I was looking at some coopers but they all come in metric sizes, I want 33x10.5
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

255/80/17 are 33 x10 as are the 255/85/16...... But I assume your wanting a 15 inch wheel though
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            255/80/17 are 33 x10 as are the 255/85/16...... But I assume your wanting a 15 inch wheel though
            that would be correct, I could go 16 but the 255/85 options are sparse so 265/75 seems more achievable. They are also pretty pricey, ST Maxx, the tires I would want, being $240.
            willschnitz

Comment

Ues there are not a ton of good 255 option out there put side of the bfg km and st maxx both or solid performers and around thanks the 1 ton dully market, so they are a little pricy. But do last a hell of a long time on light little off road type rigs. I like the extra carcass in the side wall for the maxxes as well

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                freeride53, what was the architects name that meticulously maintained/owned the 4runner you bought?
                I believe the PO'd name was Tom Lines?

A short while ago I picked up a used 4Runner V8 hitch. This hitch is weight-distributing opposed to the V6 model's small center receiver hitch.

The hitch had a little bit of corrosion on it, so I had it blasted and PC'd. Spent WEEKS trying to find the correct bolts for it. After several weeks, here is the end result.

Before:

After:

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I am in need of the collective genius of R3v for a moment:

Current issue with my pickup.

2001 Tundra
                  4.7l v8
                  Auto
                  4WD
                  292k miles

I have a slight stumble/hiccup off of idle, from a stop. Usually lasts about 3-5 seconds every time I begin moving from a complete stop. The truck still goes, almost as well as it does normally. So there isn't a huge power loss, though there may be a subtle power loss.

It does not happen if I am coasting and let my foot of the gas, and then reapply the gas before the truck slows below 5 mph. If the truck slows below 5 mph the same issue occurs as when I am taking off from a light.

Truck in neutral at a stop, you can feel a hiccup/stumble/misfire once every 3-5 seconds. Shakes the truck a bit, and the tach moves every so slightly. Bumping the revs to 1000-ish appears to remove the hiccup.

Seems to be temperature dependent. On cold mornings, the truck will drive fine for 5-ish minutes, until the engine temp gets about halfway to operating temp. After that the issue is there, but mild.

Leaving a job when it is 80 degrees outside, the truck acts up almost immediately, within the first minute. More severe at this temperature.

No issue running on the freeway, no issue with the bed full of stuff (once we are moving along), no issue with accelerating while moving, etc.

I have cleaned the maf already, to no avail, and inspected the engine bay for any obvious issues, and found none.

I have been busy switching jobs, redoing the roof on my house, getting renters moved in, etc. so I haven't thrown any parts at it yet, and haven't devoted much time to solving the issue, as the truck still gets me to where I need to go. I am hoping that R3v can save me some time and pinpoint a likely culprit.

Thanks in advance
                  My previous build (currently E30-less)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Its new enough you just need to stop by an Autozone and have them lend you a scanner.

Im going to guess either O2, FPR, or still an intake issue.
                    willschnitz

Comment

No service engine light?????

Since this sounds like a Closed loop issue and at just off idle, I will concur with the FPR but not as the 1st choice, since you have the fuel supply for everything else, I would suspect a fuel metering calculation issue. MAF, Temp Sensors, TPS, IAT, O2,

I would 1st be looking at the Temp sensor that the ECM gets its signal from( I dont know how many the 4.7 has) since it acts up more when ambient temps are warm w/ "cold start". This also lends it self to the Incoming Air Temp sensor having a slight voltage irregularity. Since these 2 sensors supply big variable for calculating the amount fuel delivered, and are especially noticeable when starting to go bad at idle or just off idle under load.

MAF issue could still be present even after cleaning as they can cause all kinds of issues but still be drive able

O2 in my expierance can cause issues like this but not very often, as they will start to toss a code when they start to go go before they get to the point of pulling the engine lean at idle.

You might also have a little bit of a leaky fuel injector(s), that dumping extra fuel and the O2's are then pulling a couple injectors back and it runs lean and hiccups then adds fuel back in and runs ok, then hiccups again

William Pitt-

Comment

I have a scanner W. No CEL at all.

No smoke either.

Comment

Sleeve,

Thank you for all of that information. I will use it when I dive into the truck Friday after work.

Comment

that would be correct, I could go 16 but the 255/85 options are sparse so 265/75 seems more achievable. They are also pretty pricey, ST Maxx, the tires I would want, being $240.

If you have a Discount tire locally, 255/85/16 ST Maxx are $200 a tire. IIRC, They don’t advertise em on the site. You have to go in store and special order em. I love my pizza cutter Maxxes!

Comment

Went for a little drive with the wifey truck today, about 60ish miles of back country..... Kinda nice in this thing, no tools, no spares, no worries, just good coffee, packed lunch, A/C in the seats and spring/early summer colors...... We didnt go anywhere off a couple of the main logging/Fire roads to really pace it, but covered some miles and just had nice relaxing afternoon and evening.

IMG_1745 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                              Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-15-2018, 11:13 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Beautiful scenery there, great day for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X