Need R3v's help with security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need R3v's help with security

Alright guys so My family is originally from the country and my grandpa and uncle still have land. Well my grandpa had a stroke and is in a home until he can be on his own but will likely have to have someone live with him for rest of his life so my parents pretty much packed up and moved backed to the farm. Anyways back to the Security problem... A while back before my grandpa had his stroke his dog was taken right off his door step. Then like a week later she re appeared on his door step drugged up and not knowing where the hell she was. Then my parents still being in contact with friends back in this area noticed lots of people having dogs taken. Then the dog napping go silent for about 6 months now we are having an issue some piece of shit dumping dogs on the end of the drive and then they just show up on the door step sometimes its 1 dog sometimes its as many 6 yes 6. Now we have family in law enforcement trying to find them but not succeding do to it being the country and hard for anyone to even see nor know when its happening. So this morning I get a call saying another dog was dumped yet again and this time Im fed up and gonna solve this issue my self.

The plan: Im gonna buy good quality security cameras and post them up on each end and side of the drive and try and get a glimps of a license plate. So I can have my cousin run plates and get me an address and serve these scum bags some justice ;)

Here's pic of the land. We have the side with the longgg shaded drive. was thinking on a tree on either side thoughts?

Here's where I need r3v's help I have absolutley no clue what kind of security system i should be looking at it needs good quality night vision so i can get plate numbers. Any tech geeks out there that know what i should be looking at?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

I always liked bombard towers....especially Teutonic ones.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
      lmao i bet you do

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

maybe use hunting cameras? they would be camo'ed and they take pictures every so many seconds or when something moves in front of them and you dont have to run wiring and such.

i bet you like getting bombarded by blunts tower!

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
          maybe use hunting cameras? they would be camo'ed and they take pictures every so many seconds or when something moves in front of them and you dont have to run wiring and such.

i bet you like getting bombarded by blunts tower!
          Ohhh good idea.....

...the hunting camera thing too.

Comment

Why not get a nest of angry African bees. I'm sure no one will want to go to your house anymore..
            -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
            -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Hunting cameras off of Amazon, Prime shipping is available. This is a good idea. Look at reviews, you have a good plan. You need to find out what is happening. This is eerie and seems like the plot from Beethoven (the early 90's movie with the St Bernard) only on a rural scale.

Search on this subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/homedefense

There are posts about rural solutions for stuff like this. You don't want to scare these people away though, you really do need to find out what is happening, because this seems like it's an orchestrated effort. I'd make sure the batteries will last and post up quite a few camo'd hunting cameras. The more angles you have the better chance of getting a license plate. The thing is, after this is over with, and hopefully they are caught, leaving the cameras up or moving them around gives you a secondary security measure - which with that much land and such a long driveway I'd definitely have.

AOE all up in 'dis bitch. Hooy yoo yoo.
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I think you need a perimeter fence.

Comment

I was thinking about using some trail cams. Just didnt know if they would have good enough resolution and enough memory. Yes something is defintley seems organized. We are almost positive if my grandpas dog wouldnt have been fixed we wouldnt have got her back. Shes a blue heeler with Great color everyone compliments that dog and around these parts cattle dogs are $$$ makers. Also up until the last 2 years this rural area has been pretty calm up until the methheads started invading due to the abundance of anhydrusamonia

Slammin I framming that picture. Omfg :rofl: :rofl:

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I think you need a perimeter fence.

I agree, make a giant dick canon that shoots giant black dildos. Get a LPR that has known plates added, and the giant dick canon shoots the dildos at the rest.

Pro Tip: Flavor the dildos with some beef bullion before firing them and the dogs can use the spent munitions as chew toys.

+

This should do.

Comment

This thread is now one for the archives of r3v hahahaha

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

This thread could easily have been a r3v2007-2009 classic. Op, check out some pics taken by different game cameras if possible, many I have seen have pretty poor picture quality/resolution
                        Cheers to you for trying to resolve this situation
                        Originally Posted by ACMF74
                        i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

Omaha? Farm?

Seriously, go with game cameras. You might not get clear license plates but at least you'll get a description of the fuckers doing it.

Comment

Bushnell trophy cam max HD. One on the trees either side of the driveway as you mentioned. They do HD video or multi picture. Fast enough trigger time to catch vehicles moving slower than 10mph and have a readble tag. Has worked for me for identifying poachers. I own lots of these cameras but do lots of reading, the quality varies from year to year. Make sure you get the exact model number of the good reviews.

Comment

cost-co, both blue and orange home improvement emporiums, as well as most large hardware, and I am sure Sams walmart, big buy, kamapart, frys etc as well also sell wifi, blueteeth, enabled security cam kits with a 1tb or larger HDD's . With 4-12 cameras and the ability to add more for about the cost of 1-2 decent trail cams. Yes you have to pay more for higher resolution cams or buy 1 add on with a higher resolution chip but it gets you something to go on.

Issue I see with trail cams that are motion activated near the road is every time a car goes by you will be getting an image. this will fill memory rather fast, and leave you a lot useless images to sort though 1 at a time. With the video feed that is all time/date stamped you can fast forward to where you want to be and run the video on fast to get though it faster......
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                              X