No announcement yet.

The Gaming Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I've been considering as well. I only use my Samsung Meteor anyway.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

this is what i use, and i love it. the headphones are damn near bullet proof and the mic, it seems cheap but is actually really great for what it is. i use it when raid leading in ESO and never have a voice problem (except when TS is having issues)

Michttp://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-BoomPro...eywords=v-moda
      Headphones http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfa...eywords=v-moda

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        Going to have to check out Squad I see.

I'm pretty disappointed with my headset right now. I had a Triton AX Pro for 3 years, and eventually the cable started coming apart at the headset. So I decided to go wireless, and bought a set of turtle Beach 500p.

Now a little over a year and the head band snapped.

I just want a quality set of headphones that will last. I don't need a microphone, I have a meteor mic for that. I'm also willing to pay for the quality, which is what I thought I was doing with the 500p.
        Astro's. You'll fork out some cash but they're really good quality. A40TRs are $250 and A50s are $300. I managed to get my A50s on sale for under $200, but honestly I wouldn't be super against paying full price.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by flyboyx
        how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
        Originally posted by Northern
        beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
        Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
        Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
        '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
        Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Stop buying headsets people.

Jesus anything marketing gaming is dogshit, idc what brand, Ive gone through astros, steelseries, logitechs, they all fucking suck.

Find you favorite set of headphones, and grab a decent desk mic like a blue yeti or AT2020.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            Stop buying headsets people.

Jesus anything marketing gaming is dogshit, idc what brand, Ive gone through astros, steelseries, logitechs, they all fucking suck.

Find you favorite set of headphones, and grab a decent desk mic like a blue yeti or AT2020.
            exactly mine are just great normal headphones, and the mic was just a shock i didnt expect it to be so good. otherwise i was going to get a standing desk mic as well.

Last edited by kickinindian; 05-21-2016, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Nah. My Logitec's have been outstandingly serving me quite well for the last two years, 0 complaints. Mic and ears.

And I use the Mic nearly everyday with family and friends over teamspeak/skype.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Ive been using the gamecon 580s for a while. Really clear mic and ok virtual surround sound for sub 50$. I have some razer krakens now and the mic isnt as clear and the sound is awfully muddy wouldn't recommend.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

I think I may just end up going the Logitech route. Has served me well in other areas and the price is fair.

As for Razor, or steelseries, ect. I consider all of that stuff junk. None of it holds up, purely marketing. Logitech stuff isn't flashy, but it performs.
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Astro A40 wired here, with mix amp

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Headphones + standalone mic >>>>>>>>>> Headset

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Logitech headsets are just as junk as the other gaming brands.
                        willschnitz

Comment

I run a nice pair of JVC headphones through my 24 bit receiver, which I have hooked up to the digital output (optical) on my mobo which I have set at 24 bit 44100 Hz. Sounds very good. But I don't have a nice mic... I just went to Walmart and bought the cheapest Logitech headset they had for like $13 and just wear it around my neck. It works great.
                          Last edited by E30 Wagen; 05-21-2016, 06:57 PM.
                          My Feedback

Comment

I agree that any nice headphones work, but nope - you don't need all that mess for casual gaming.
                            Sorry you had such a bad experience with astros, steelseries, and logitech.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Decent headphones and a decent mic is actually cheaper then most of the gaming headsets.

My situation it's $139 ATH-M50x and $110 AT2020 vs $300 SteelSeries or Astro A50s

Don't say get the wired, the point of a headset was always to be wireless, If it still has wires then actual headphones will always outclass them in sound.

And even if you get wired ones, they will suck, the foam sucks, The drivers are budget, more then likely it's not real leather cups so it gets sticky or dries out.

I've been through at least 5 headsets, none of them are good, they are a gimmick at this point targeted at "hardcore gamerzzzz like xxxtriplebootyslayer69xxx

Not wasting money is the motto of the casual gamer.
                              Last edited by Wschnitz; 05-21-2016, 08:21 PM.
                              willschnitz

Comment

$125 for M50's. $75 for Blue Yeti. $200 all in and vastly superior in every way, imo.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X